Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Giratina X/ Garchomp X

FLCLFANMAN

Okay I've been thinking about this deck for a while, but I want to know if it is doable.

3-2-3-1 Garchomp

2-2 Giratina

1-1 Azelf X

3-1 Uxie X

Regice (tech)

3 Felicities

1 Lucians (tech)

What else can I/Should I add?

Why not just play Rotom with Dual Trans instead of Garchomp? It'd be way more efficient and free up a lot of space for you.

You could also run Spiritomb and just charge a Giratina up manually; then, when you are ready to break the Trainer lock and attack, play another Giratina to the Bench, use Let Loose, and return all the Trainers they've been forced to hold to their deck.

Consider adding SSU, run 3 Let Loose Giratina and some Premier Balls, and drop the Uxie count down so you have room for Claydol. A tech Mesprit or two could also be effective, allowing you to shut off their Claydol for a turn or two (with the aid of SSU) while you kill it with spread. I also don't think you need Azelf lv. X.

You need an answer to Nidoqueen if you plan to actually run this for Cities. You could tech in Dialga G lv. X, or try Devoluter, although it probably wouldn't be effective due to its unsearchability and the fact that it uses up your attack for the turn. I'm not sure what other options you'd have to counter it, but you definitely do need something.

Why not just play Rotom with Dual Trans instead of Garchomp? It'd be way more efficient and free up a lot of space for you.

You could also run Spiritomb and just charge a Giratina up manually; then, when you are ready to break the Trainer lock and attack, play another Giratina to the Bench, use Let Loose, and return all the Trainers they've been forced to hold to their deck.

Consider adding SSU, run 3 Let Loose Giratina and some Premier Balls, and drop the Uxie count down so you have room for Claydol. A tech Mesprit or two could also be effective, allowing you to shut off their Claydol for a turn or two (with the aid of SSU) while you kill it with spread. I also don't think you need Azelf lv. X.

You need an answer to Nidoqueen if you plan to actually run this for Cities. You could tech in Dialga G lv. X, or try Devoluter, although it probably wouldn't be effective due to its unsearchability and the fact that it uses up your attack for the turn. I'm not sure what other options you'd have to counter it, but you definitely do need something.

Rotom is possible, but I like Garchomp because its an answer for Flygon. Not to mention the free retreat and dragon pulse give me more chances to spread.

Dialga might make this a little clunky since I'd have to bring it active then retreat it. I'll probably tech a 1-0-1 Dusknoir line and use two Moonlight Stadiums for retreat. T-Tar and Weavile has been talked about alot so I'll keep Azelf X just in case. SSU is debatable. I like the idea for emergencies, especially since it works with my pixies, but I hate coin flips. I'll test and decide later.

Right now I prefer Uxie over Azelf because I prefer a draw pokemon that can attack if its pulled out by Flygon or Luxray. Not to mention that I wont be to concerned about drawing after I set up Giratina.

Thanks for the pointers

Garchomp can't restore Lv.X's. So you'd need to get out a stage 2 Lv.x, have Giratina X in your hand and get a Giratina + 3 basic energy cards in your discard pile, then NEXT turn attach an additional energy and Lv up. So you take 2 turns around T8 to set up a 30 spread that Nidoqueen, manetric and Arceus Grass basically deny, to try and send things to the Lost Zone which Unown G prevents.

Giratina is too bulky a card to really work in most decks. Here is the same problem, you have to get 4 energy on something with a pretty low damage output. Hitting for 130 isn't going to be uncommon for 2HKOs in the upcoming season, not to mention Machamp OHKOs you for 1 energy.

If you want to keep using Giratina, i'd suggest butler's advice, but if you want to keep more to Restore chomp, try out just running it like Normal Garchomp with an 0-0-1 Ampharous (use the X's power, spread hopefully 10 everywhere, restore Amphy for Power Lock).

well Flc my garchomp deck hase the same stragie but better i would say i restore gengar and level him up see with the damage from dragons breath would put damage counters on there bench plus you could have amprose from platnium but i would say gengar x would be more fiesable then gartina x i mean gengar hase free retreat and gengar hase better attack than gartina plus gengar x hase level down witch that could knock your oppent out but gartina x hase invcible tetical with thats good.

Weavile and pokeblowers work decently well. You bring their nidoqueen up and 1 shot it with lucario in play using the basics attack. Next turn you keep your spread going

Use Garchomp X to restore Giratina x with 3 energies. Next turn retreat attach to Giratina and spread away

Personally, I don't like the idea. There are far better options to go along with Garchomp Lv.X's Restore. Giratina seems like sort of a random, subpar choice. If you're trying to use a discard+Restore deck, I'd say the best option for you is Garchomp/Gardy/Gallade.

Personally, I don't like the idea. There are far better options to go along with Garchomp Lv.X's Restore. Giratina seems like sort of a random, subpar choice. If you're trying to use a discard+Restore deck, I'd say the best option for you is Garchomp/Gardy/Gallade.

I see what your saying, But I wanted something like Giratina cuz it seems to go well with Garchomp X for spread:

1) Dragon Pulse hits their bench for damage

2) Giratina spreads more damage over time

3) Anything knocked out doesn't come back. I <3 Lost Zone

Only problem is getting the decck off the ground

I like the earlier suggestion of Gengar X instead of Giratina, but I'll make that deck when I get a Gengar :rolleyes:

That is pretty sweet of an idea. Gotta give you props on that.

I've been thinking that a Looker or Wager after a few turns of Spiritomb would be useful, but to be able to Roseanne for a Giratina (let loose) and drop their hand down to 4 would be wicked.

I want to try out Giratina a litte more when DCE comes out, since it can abuse it rather well, especially the Platinum non-Lv.X versions of it.

4 Energy is a lot of energy. If the opponent can two-shot Giratina, and it takes 3 turns to power it up with DCE, it just won't be fast enough to keep up.

Last edited:
Back