Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

gliscor spiritomb

empoleok14

i have many questions about this deck.

i know that u want to lock ur opponent, but i dont get what gliscor is supposed to do. like which attack does gliscor do every turn.

does any1 have a link to a list of this deck?

the main thing i want to know is what is it? and how would u run it?

please help and thank u:thumb:

i have many questions about this deck.

i know that u want to lock ur opponent, but i dont get what gliscor is supposed to do. like which attack does gliscor do every turn.

does any1 have a link to a list of this deck?

the main thing i want to know is what is it? and how would u run it?

please help and thank u:thumb:

The thing Gliscor does is become the active Pokemon, Level up to paralize and poison the active Pokemon, then bounce back to the hand with Burning Poison (burning the active Pokemon). The active Pokemon is now Paralized, Poisoned, Burned and unable to get back to the bench by retreating or trainers

Basically, you use Gliscor's Burning Poison attack to Poison the opponent after you Shoot Poison, ParaPoisoning them so they can't attack or Retreat. You then push up Spiritomb so they can't Warp/Switch/Poketurn out of it. Next turn, you Level Up a Benched Gliscor, BTS the Gligar to Gliscor you just scooped, Level Up the Active, Shoot Poison again. Then Burning Poison and Poison. Some lists use Unown K so the opponent never gets to do anything. Then, when time is called, all the Gliscor player has to do is Pester to win the game.

You use Unown K to heal the Poison. You almost never Burn them using Burning Poison. Also you can use Crobat G so they get KO'd going into your turn so you can keep up the lock on a different Pokemon.

No, it is now expected and there are many counters. Warp ENergy, Dialga G X, Power Spray, sniping the Gliscor on the Bench and thus breaking the lock, etc.

Oh wow, this is the deck im running as well, except i have placed in plus powers & expertbelts in order to do some damage. Also i am just trying to find a well themed deck w/ gliscor. Im thinking about adding manectric to keep my bench safe. Any idea's?

You can also make it so you win via taking 6 prizes rather than the timeout lock. Expert belt and Super Scoop Ups make it so Gliscor can do buff damage with Night Slash, and then you promote Spiritomb so they can't do anything. The defend pokemon will have taken 100dmg when its your turn again, hopefully allowing you to super scoop and do the whole thing all over again. CrobatG also helps getting those key ohkos or so poison dmg adds up so the defending pokemon gets ko'd at the end of your opponents turn, greatly allowing you to keep your momentum going. Pokeblowers are nice cause you can either blower in claydol early game so they'll never get set-up and you basically ohko everything with e-belt'd night slashes, or you blower-in the biggest threat to your offense and Shoot Poison+Night Slash them so they can't attack you with said threat and your opponent is defenseless the turn you try to get Gliscor back to your hand. Playing two Gliscor lvX allows you some more flexibility when you Shoot Poison (you won't have to rely on Super Scoop as much), but it also hurts the consistency of trying to get your Stage 1 Gliscors, as well as not being able to play the Promo Gliscor which is a nice answer/desperation card against people who try to level up or evolve against you (Cutting turn may get you some key ohko's when you need to KO a heavy hp pokeon and are behind on energy attachments so you cant NIght Slash)

I like this playstyle a lot more than the timeout lock-style. Its the only viable way to compete against SP methinks, cause one Power Spray of a Shoot Poison and its GG.

Just 1 more thing. Be careful about the special conditions, unownG is good at bloking them, also Zigzagoon cannot be affected what so ever. Im not to worried about power spray, they only have 4 at times and use them on other pokemon at times.

You can also make it so you win via taking 6 prizes rather than the timeout lock. Expert belt and Super Scoop Ups make it so Gliscor can do buff damage with Night Slash, and then you promote Spiritomb so they can't do anything. The defend pokemon will have taken 100dmg when its your turn again, hopefully allowing you to super scoop and do the whole thing all over again. CrobatG also helps getting those key ohkos or so poison dmg adds up so the defending pokemon gets ko'd at the end of your opponents turn, greatly allowing you to keep your momentum going. Pokeblowers are nice cause you can either blower in claydol early game so they'll never get set-up and you basically ohko everything with e-belt'd night slashes, or you blower-in the biggest threat to your offense and Shoot Poison+Night Slash them so they can't attack you with said threat and your opponent is defenseless the turn you try to get Gliscor back to your hand. Playing two Gliscor lvX allows you some more flexibility when you Shoot Poison (you won't have to rely on Super Scoop as much), but it also hurts the consistency of trying to get your Stage 1 Gliscors, as well as not being able to play the Promo Gliscor which is a nice answer/desperation card against people who try to level up or evolve against you (Cutting turn may get you some key ohko's when you need to KO a heavy hp pokeon and are behind on energy attachments so you cant NIght Slash)

I like this playstyle a lot more than the timeout lock-style. Its the only viable way to compete against SP methinks, cause one Power Spray of a Shoot Poison and its GG.

The problem with "Night Slash"-ing is that it becomes near impossible to keep them in a special condition lock. By taking the slower, more painful route with "Burning Poison", you thus eliminate any hope for them to escape (except for Warp Energy, which isn't TOO common but is beginning to see more play). If they can attack you, the whole strategy begins to unravel. Therefore, the Time-out Lock is much more efficient if you ask me.

DO NOT RUN UNOWN K

it's just asking to be sniped via gengar SF, or to be dragged up via luxray GL Lv.x.
not to mention it makes a horrible start

Here's a list. With decks that you can beat on prizes you want to slowly pick them off, with their pokemon being KO'd at the end of your opponent's turn. Use Your Crobats to this end. With decks that will whoop you, or if your opponent is going to obviously bring up an unevolved Pokemon when their active is KO'd, you want to have the prizes even in the game, keep their active locked with the Burning poison, heal with Unown K to prevent premature faintage, wait for time to be called, and only then KO them for the win.

You have to have BTS in play and 2 Gliscors that you are rotating each turn so you can Level Up every turn or the lock is off. Attach Unown Q to your Spiritombs so they retreat for free and promote your Spiritomb after you use Burning Poison and return Gliscor to your hand. Use your Poke Blower+s to send G'd Pokemon to the bench. You may replace those with reversals; it's really a preference call. Reversal is easier to use as you only need one, but you have to flip for it. This is a very tedious deck to play and ANY misplay is unforgivable. Remember to use your Spiritombs to evolve with.

24 Pokemon

4X Spiritomb
4X Gligar lv. 19
3X Gliscor lv. 43
1X Gliscor lv. X
2X Baltoy
2X Claydol
2X Crobat G
2X Unown K
2X Unown Q
1X Azelf (LA)
1X Uxie (LA)

27 Trainers
4X Bebe’s Search
4X Broken Time-Space
4X Poke Blower +
4X Poke Turn
4X Roseanne’s Research
2X Premier Ball
2X Warp Point
1X Looker’s Investigation
1X Luxury Ball
1X Night Maintenance

9 Energy
4X Call Energy
5X Fighting Energy

Thing to fear when running this deck: Dawn Stadium, Unown G, Looker's Investigation, Team Galactic's Wager, and Warp Energy. All of which can kill your strategy.

You could also tech in a 1-1 Slowking and 2 Cyrus's Initiative, losing 4 Fighting Energy you really don't need, so you can deny your opponent the Power Sprays they do need.

DO NOT RUN UNOWN K

it's just asking to be sniped via gengar SF, or to be dragged up via luxray GL Lv.x.
not to mention it makes a horrible start

Don't pay any attention to that. A paralyzed Gengar can't attack and a Luxray Bright Look is only going to work once then Luxray will be locked active and they won't be able to Poke Turn since you have Spiritomb active.

Oh wow, this is the deck im running as well, except i have placed in plus powers & expertbelts in order to do some damage.

This is wrong. Burning Poison doesn't do damage, so there is no damage for these cards to add damage to. They won't make an attack that does -zero- damage all of a sudden do damage.

CrobatG also helps getting those key ohkos.

You never want to do OHKO's as this gives your opponent the chance to counter. This deck is very weak against any attack from your opponent.

...sniping the Gliscor on the Bench and thus breaking the lock...

Again, your opponent won't be able to snipe you with a paralyzed Pokemon...

then bounce back to the hand with Burning Poison (burning the active Pokemon).

NEVER burn your opponent's Pokemon. This gives a lottery effect that you can't control and your opponent's Pokemon will likely be KO'd at the wrong time thus giving them the chance to attack.

Last edited:
Back