Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gliscplume

Sabett

So for the up and coming undaunted a certain Vileplume is coming out. Glisctomb stalled out until time and then striked at the last moment for the win, paralyzing the opponent and bringing up spiritomb to stop them from switching out. The problem was, that it used a power to paralyze, while the spiritomb wasn't active, so as you can imagine powerspray runs all over the deck. With this new vileplume it can't cover up a weakness it's had for a long time.

Vileplume - Grass - HP 120
Stage 2 - Evolves from Gloom

Poke-Body: Allergy Flower
Neither player can play any Goods cards from his or her hand.

[G][G][C] Dazzle Pollen: 50 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 20 damage. If tails, the opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Last edited:
So we're taking Glisctomb, which didn't work against SP because it had one critical power that they could spray, and we're making it SP-proof by making it so there are TWO critical powers that they can spray.

That sound about right?

So we're taking Glisctomb, which didn't work against SP because it had one critical power that they could spray, and we're making it SP-proof by making it so there are TWO critical powers that they can spray.

That sound about right?
Well sure if you want to ignore half of what I'm talking about, why not....how are they playing powerspray with vileplume out?

I'm talking about taking the glisctomb archetype, adding another way in which the deck could go to lock the deck, as well as talking about adding vileplume so the deck doesn't have to worry about powerspray at all.

So your optimum setup is something like Unown K/Unown K/Gliscor/Vileplume, with two spaces left over.

How would you take a prize at the end of the game?

Oh, that's true. 30+50/60 would probably be enough.

Would you also want a way to lock something active that can't be evolved?

Well, I was thinking about that as well, because the only good way to bring up something active that can't evolve/level up is mostly in trainers, pokeblower, pokemon reversal, I mean there's luxray, but that's another bench space, so I was thinking about using this in tandem with the original idea and running a 2-2-1-1 line, and using the new gliscor if it become more convenient to use it. I could run those trainers still and just play them before I drop down vileplume.

Unown K and Vileplume aren't int he same season. Unown K is from SW.

Overall, Vileplume is a tricky card to play. You need to be able tog et it out quickly, but can't rely on trainers to do so, because otherwise you lock yoru own deck partially. The reason Spiritomb works is because you can choose whent he lock is up and when it isn't. if you play like 6 trainers, you'll have 6 dead cards, and with Judge/Looker's, and no Dol, that's going toh urt. if you don't, you'll never get up Plume in the first place :/

There is always making your opponent deck out. But may take to long. And Kingdra Prime is too much I think to hit your opponents benched.
And let's not forget you can run 1 gliscor LvX to do damage also.

It's too bad that Double Rainbow Energy isn't still about. Because that lowers your damage done by 10, no? then Forretress LA would hit the bench as you paralyze the active.

---------- Post added 07/10/2010 at 04:18 PM ----------

you can try to KO them since they are not evolved/lvlX and if They are, you can start locking them.

Unown K and Vileplume aren't int he same season. Unown K is from SW.

Overall, Vileplume is a tricky card to play. You need to be able tog et it out quickly, but can't rely on trainers to do so, because otherwise you lock yoru own deck partially. The reason Spiritomb works is because you can choose whent he lock is up and when it isn't. if you play like 6 trainers, you'll have 6 dead cards, and with Judge/Looker's, and no Dol, that's going toh urt. if you don't, you'll never get up Plume in the first place :/
I got confused about unown K, confused it with Q, but the deck's still not dead, it already ran BTS, and there's no reason why we can't still run spiritomb. It would help with getting vileplume out while locking trainers right? Who cares about the dead trainer cards in hand if you have the lock out? It won't matter at that point. Having the lock turn on and off, was a weakness more than a strength because of powerspray. Vileplume's a lot better for the deck.

Evolution/Level Up/Warp Energy/Unown K not being in the format = Idea not thought through and is now busted.
You got me on the unown K, but as far as the rest are concerned you're wrong. Those things existed when glisctomb came out, right? How many decks run warp energy? Dialgachomp? And then nothing? There are also a number of ways to bring up pokemon that can't evolve or level up.

But this does change the discussion at hand. The strategy would have to change into having luxray in the deck along with hunter. The deck would KO pokemon slowly over time via poison then when somethings about to KO'd by poison, bring up luxray from when you scoop up gliscor with burning poison, level up, retreat, bring up gliscor, hunter up luxray back to hand for the next bright look. All while having vileplume out to stop power spray.

*updated OP to only talk about vileplume*

When this Vileplume comes out, I thought Vileplume LA would team up well with it.

I'm thinking about making a deck with both vileplumes and exeggutor LA. So I can drop opponents hand, then attack with vileplume LA to try and lock stadiums and supporters on top of trainers. (sounds useful against Lost World stadium). Spiritomb AR and the new Dodrio to help with set up and switching.

Tech Bellossom LA for massive damage.

Exeggutor is just going to slow you down, though. And the flippiness of LA's attack is no good.

I was wondering when people would figure this one out -_-'

Sadly, even though you you can now block power spray with a simple 1-1-1 Plume, you still run into the issues of warp energy which I'm pretty sure will find it's way into most decks anyways next season in one form or another. Let's not forget that stupid chatot card either -_-'

@Kayle:
hmmm, If i can get my hands on some Call energy, I shall drop the exeggutor line. Then throw in some Judges also.

I was wondering when people would figure this one out -_-'

Sadly, even though you you can now block power spray with a simple 1-1-1 Plume, you still run into the issues of warp energy which I'm pretty sure will find it's way into most decks anyways next season in one form or another. Let's not forget that stupid chatot card either -_-'
Why would anything run warp energy other than dialgachomp? And what chatot are you talking about? The locking one? Spiritomb's only going to be active until we can get going, then we'll bring up gliscor each time.

Chatot MD locks spiritomb up. Also, Warp energy is played in Dialga Chomp which will be good next format. Also, this deck, might be why people would run warp energy.

Chatot MD locks spiritomb up. Also, Warp energy is played in Dialga Chomp which will be good next format. Also, this deck, might be why people would run warp energy.
The window in which chatot can chattorlock spiritomb is brought to a minimum with running vileplume, not too mention the number of techs that can counter it, like even running a dark energy. Dialgachomp will be as good as it is now, if anything at all, it's worse because they lose claydol. If this deck would be a reason why people run warp energy, then it's done it's job hasn't it?

Back