Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Goal or KO? You be the judge.... becuase I am not one..

LegacyEeveeVGC

Ok now I am thinking the TFG needs judges because somethings are not working out..
Like when they land on the line and the other person says it one thing or when it does not land ont he line and its like a miss or something and they keep yelling its a line.
One of the most big things is if a Pokemon uses a attack that switches place with the other Pokemon and it lands on a goal, but it is surrounded.. what would that be called?

Ya I know that if its on the link you spin again but alot of kids keep sayign no its on this attack and not the line or if its for me they say its miss and not on the line.
The main thing I want to know about is the KO or WIN

The rulebook states if it lands on the line you flip a coin to decide, you don't spin again. I believe the Referee figure promo available outside the US has a heads/tails spinner, that should make it here as well ;D

As far as the second question I would like to receive a more official answer since it is indeed a interesting scenario.

The rulebook states if it lands on the line you flip a coin to decide, you don't spin again. I believe the Referee figure promo available outside the US has a heads/tails spinner, that should make it here as well ;D

As far as the second question I would like to receive a more official answer since it is indeed a interesting scenario.

I knwo the coin thing its just the kids...
Anyway I have had the Goal and surround happpan in aDemo gaem and a rela game..

Win happens immediatly when you land on goal. Therefore sorround will not take effect.
Actually, Suround takes presidence so your figure goes to the Pokemon Center and the game continues. This was one of the creator's favorite tactics, placing Meowth on the Goal with a 2nd Pokemon behind it.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

If it's on the line, you respin it. End of story.
Respinning, while logical, is not the answer. I like the referee and wish that they included it in the US release. It's good for deciding who goes first also.

Last edited:
The referee promo figure (Actually named "Judge", according to the base) has a Black/White spinner, 50% for each, separated into quarters. Always used this as the way to manage arguments here.

Under "Resolving Purple Attacks" on page 9 of the rulebook: "If your Pokemon lands on the opponent's Goal but is surrounded at the same time, your Pokemon is Knocked Out and the game continues."

As I understand it..."Goal" is resolved between turns. Surrounding for KO is resolved after movement, but before end of turn, and indeed, before battle, so you could surround one for a KO and fight another that you've landed next to on the same turn.

Move Phase
|
| <--- If someone is surrounded at this point, they get KOed.
\/
Attack Phase <--- Even if someone got KOed from being surrounded, you can still use the figure you moved with to attack someone else now, if there's a valid target available.
|
| <--- Or maybe here, but still before the End of Turn anyway.
\/
End of Turn
|
| <--- You win if you have someone on goal here.
\/
Between turns
|
|
\/ Next players turn

Surround + Goal, KO'd by surround.

If it's on the line, the official way to resolve it is to flip a coin, winner decides which side of the line it is on. (With the EU Judge figure, you can spin that instead of flipping a coin. If he lands on a line, re-spin the judge.)

Back