Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Godzilla - T-tar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaworu

GOJIRAAAAA!

A tank that can net multiple prizes in single turns.

Pokemon:

4 Sableye
4 Larvitar
2 Pupitar
4 Tyranitar
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
2 Sneasel
2 Weavile (W)
1 Darkrai
1 Darkrai lvlx

Trainers:

4 Bebe
3 Felicity
4 Rare candy
3 Roseanne
1 Luxury Ball
2 Night Maintenance
3 Moonlight Stadium

Energy:

3 Special Dark
12 Basic Dark

::::::::::::SPOILERS:::::::::::::

Sableye LV.31 – Darkness – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Body: Rashness
If this Pokemon is an Active Pokemon when the cards are flipped over at the beginning of the game, regardless of who won the coin toss, the owner of this card goes first. (This Body doesn’t work if the opponent’s Active Pokemon also has a Rashness Poke-Body.)

[.] Human Mimic: Search your deck for a Supporter card, discard it, and shuffle your deck. Then, use the effect of the discarded card as an effect of this attack.
[D] Overreach: 10 damage. If the Defending Pokemon’s remaining HP is less than Sableye’s remaining HP, this attack does 40 damage instead of 10.

Weakness: none
Resistance: Colorless (-20)
Retreat: 1

~~~

When you have read the card you realise it's probably one of the best starters ever made. Also as you have a Dark deck you can use the 2nd attack if needed.

~~~

Tyranitar LV.61 – Darkness – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Pupitar

Poke-Body: Dark Fighting Spirit
Whenever one of your opponent’s Pokemon uses a Poke-Power, after the effect resolves, search your discard pile for 1 Basic Darkness Energy card and attach it to this Pokemon.

[C][C] Grind: Does 20 damage x the number of Energy attached to Tyranitar.
[D][D][D][D][D] Spinning Tail: Does 30 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (+30)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 4

~~~

So, the meat of the deck. A tank with 140HP, Dark type which is handy against dusknoir. A body that energy accelerates as long as they are using Claydol (which everyone is) also there is a big possibility that this power can be used by more than one T-Tar and each time your opponent uses a power which is amazing.

Weavile as long as possible to pile on the necessary energy and his body adds even more. T-tars first attack is very similar to Magmortars, this will be your main early damage inducer if your t-tar is forced active.

A 5 energy attack is crazy high, but with that body and weaviles attack it's not a problem, as long as they don't knock you out in 2 hits you can spread for 90 to everyone (not too likely) but 60 to everyone and a dead defending pokemon is still too good.

only 3 special Dark due to T-Tars body only getting basics. High energy count for weaviles/t-tars attack attack and for discarding whilst using felicity to use T-Tars body. Fallen T-Tars also get energy into the discard for the other T-Tars to pick up.

T1 sableye donks

Darkrai can come out after a fallen T-Tar, lvl up then retreat thanks to moonlight stadium, energy placed on him to make T-Tar's first attack even better. it's 2 = 60dmg, 3 = 90dmg, 4 = 120dmg. etc

Tyranitars 2nd attack is devastating, if you have a darkrai out and 5 energy (from weavile, attachments and using t-tars body) you'll be hitting 80 to the defending pokemon and 30 to the bench and hardly anything in the format can consistently OHKO t-tar which means you'll get at least 2 turns of this netting you lots of prizes.

Even if the opponent doesn't use their powers to stop you from using your body then you have beniffited either way, you have made them have to make the decision to use claydol or not.

Moonlight stadium gives your dark pokes free retreat which is so useful, those precious energy attachments don't get wasted on a retreating sableye.

Gojiraaaa!!!!

Last edited:
room for a 2-2 darkrai lvx just in case it is prized

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

also some super scoop ups so you can use togekiss more often

Last edited:
room for a 2-2 darkrai lvx just in case it is prized

also some super scoop ups so you can use togekiss more often

But what to take out without ruining consistency? Ideally I would like 2-2 darkrai and 3 moonlight stadium. I suppose I could:

- 2 Special dark
+ 1-1 Darkrai lvlx

I think when Dusknoir lvl x is out at the same time the deck will need 3 moonlight stadiums so might as well add them now:

- 1 Warp Point
+ 1 Moonlight Stadium

Don't know what else to take out, it all seems too important.

And I always feel SSU is useless unless you run 3-4 but that amount hurts other parts of the deck.

I would love to run a build using: energy links / darkrai lvlx / moonlight stadium / SSU

====

With T-Tar active, benched Claydol / kiss / darkrai you become dusknoir bait if you want to add another t-tar to the bench.

Last edited:
yea i know what you mean ummmm i really dont know what to take out because if 1 of your darkrais get prized its over to be honest its up to yoiu on what to take out but you really are going to need the darkrai

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

let me talk to my friend hunter this saturday & ill get back to you with a really good list ok

Last edited:
The energy count seems low for a deck that abuses kiss and t-tars attack, I guess I'll know after some testing.

Is there anything that can be removed without hurting the consistency?

Tyranitar is a cool card. But what happens when people tech Tentacrual in their decks?

For one Tentacruel needs 3 energy which is high, it needs to have less than t-tar which means t-tar cannot have more than 3, but with darkrai lvl x out 3 = 90dmg OHKO.

For one Tentacruel needs 3 energy which is high, it needs to have less than t-tar which means t-tar cannot have more than 3, but with darkrai lvl x out 3 = 90dmg OHKO.

i suppose he's talking about the 1st attack of cruel. Opponent will attach to claydol probably, or maybe kiss.

Maybe cut down on the darkrai (1-1) ? the trainer line seems so thin.

Could add some pp to reach the magic 70/100/130 hitpoint.

Looking good mate, altough I would also add the Tyranitar from IFDS.

All in all I think this really can be a beast, just watch out for Machamp ;)

Looking good mate, altough I would also add the Tyranitar from IFDS.

All in all I think this really can be a beast, just watch out for Machamp ;)

??? This is the T-Tar from IFDS.

Tentacruels first attack is not that useful against T-Tar, while you are messing with my energy I will be OHKO'ing cruel.

i think the second attack is the one thats useful against t-tar. as long as you have dark energy in discard, the opponent can use powers to build up t-tars energy to get auto-paralyze. but thats not a problem for switch or warp point, and tentacruel is pretty bad against anything else, so yeah i dont think lanturn is a big problem.

I would agree that Tentacruel is not a threat if it uses its first attack its powering you up with energy even though its hurting you and with Darkrai Lv. X in play you OHKO Tentacruel

It has been my experience playing Togekiss with Dragonite that you need more basic energy than that to get Togekiss to work.
Otherwise you're hitting 2-3 energy with kiss max, and it's not exactly infrequently that you whiff altogether and get 0/10.

don't for trun 2 weavile and use weaviles attack 2 turns in a row and your ready for action and because of that i would probably run a 3-3 weavile to increase chances of starting with it.

The card is out (pre-releases) but more importantly it is one of the theme deck cards.

The theme deck also comes with luxury ball, 13 basic dark, the basics and stage 1's and special holo t-tars. Perfect for building this.

With resistance to AMU, it covers gengar and dusknoirs weakness (lake boundary anyone?). High HP, energy acceleration and damage spread.

No special dark as both t-tar and kiss cannot use their body/power for them. Also darkrai adds the extra 10 if needed.

Weavile isn't needed in this build however the deck can be run with 2-2 weavile instead of kiss for variation.

Any ideas and where more basic dark can be added without ruining the flow of the deck are welcome.

I was thinking of taking out a 1-1 Darkrai lvl x for 1 lake boundary and either another Moonlight stadium (to stop all the darkrai lvl x stadium abuse) or something for consistency like Cynthia/felicity or a SSU for the off chance of scooping a damaged t-tar or re-using togekiss. Or even one more basic dark.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back