Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Good Political movies

Well its fictional but the one where Chris Rock runs for president is pretty good. Someone help me with the title.

Wag the Dog

It's not really a political movie, but Man of the Year was, IMO, quite good.

the wizard of oz
and i am not kidding. there is a lot of political symbolism in there, cuz that is what the whole movie is about

What about "Fahrenheit 451" (Ray Bradbury)? The book was fairly political (I'd assume the movie is similar), though more based on where we could be headed, rather than where we are currently. Dunno if this helps.

EDIT: Dude, Ryan, I'm absolutely LOVIN' that avitar! I keep meaning to mention it, it's awesome!

Mine is the most political of all the movies listed.

And also the most vile and propagandistic.

(For those who don't know, 'Triumph of the Will' is a documentary endorsed by Hitler extolling the virtues of the Nazi party.)

It is probably the most explicitly political though, I agree. The OP specified good films in his title to this post, however, so I'm thinking "Triumph of the Will" is disqualified on those grounds, no matter how political it is.

To the OP: Watch "All the King's Men" (the original 1949 Oscar-winning film-- NOT the Sean Penn remake) followed by "All the President's Men" (yes, the title of the latter is a play on the title of the former) for a double dose of some of the best political filmmaking ever done. Just don't expect to come away from either film with a smile on your face.

If you want something more upbeat/idealistic, check out the classic Frank Capra/James Stewart film "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." It is amazing.

You could take good three ways:
1. Very political (a good political film would be a very political film)
2. Very pleasing (a good movie which happens to be about politics)
3. A movie about the good, which happens to be about politics

If this is for some kind of research paper or to be used as evidence for school, Triumph of the Will would be a "good political movie" for you to check out.

The movies we suggest to the OP depends on which of the three types of films he wants.

Pokemon: Thanks a lot =D A guy on here named Pajamas showed me a link to a whole collection of images like my avatar. Pretty cool human juxtapositions.

Separate But Equal was really good. About the Brown vs Board Education trial, with different focuses throughout the movie. The best parts are seeing Marshall's team of lawyers and Davis's team of lawyers. All the scenes with the Supreme Court Justices were very well done too.

Back