Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Google Chrome, A New Web Browser

Mew*

I just found out that google came out with an open source internet browser a couple hours ago. It's called Google Chrome and is available free.

I downloaded and installed it. It seems very good for a first beta release. Similar to FireFox.

I like it, but not more than FireFox yet, because it of course down't have any add ons yet since it is only a couple hours old... but I'm looking forward to that.

I like how rather than having the Status Bar at the bottom, it has a little translucent pop up that displays URLs when you mouse over or if it is loading. Saves a little space. The browser also seems fast.

This can turn into something great, I mean, whatever Google does is great. Right now it is only for Windows, but if it gets popular I'm sure that they'll expand. I can definitely see this being the next big thing if Google ads a link to their homepage. Discuss.

I just found out that google came out with an open source internet browser a couple hours ago. It's called Google Chrome and is available free.

I downloaded and installed it. It seems very good for a first beta release. Similar to FireFox.

I like it, but not more than FireFox yet, because it of course down't have any add ons yet since it is only a couple hours old... but I'm looking forward to that.

I like how rather than having the Status Bar at the bottom, it has a little translucent pop up that displays URLs when you mouse over or if it is loading. Saves a little space. The browser also seems fast.

This can turn into something great, I mean, whatever Google does is great. Right now it is only for Windows, but if it gets popular I'm sure that they'll expand. I can definitely see this being the next big thing if Google ads a link to their homepage. Discuss.
As soon as Chrome has Adblock plus I'll consider using it.

As soon as Chrome has Adblock plus I'll consider using it.
hehehe, exactly what I want too. But it's still worth trying it out just so you can join in on the excitement. It only takes a couple clicks to install and is a quick download.

I'm also hoping for someone to convert Grease Monkey.

These are popular add ons so it shouldn't take too long.

I'm also hoping that Google will integrate Gmail into the browser somehow.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Just noticed it is missing a search bar, but if you type in something that is not a URL, it will automatically search for that on your default search engine... too bad I like to switch between google, eBay, wikipedia, etc.

Also I cannot find an option to let me use the center mouse button to toggle auto scrolling, something I use a lot.

So I'm done until they at least add that stuff.

Last edited:
This browser is, as of right now, extremely buggy and not worth anyone's time. It was interesting checking out its aesthetic look which is fine but do yourself a favor and keep FireFox until Google works out some kinks.

I wonder how long this thing will be in the "Beta" stage... because Gmail is sill considered Beta and I've never had a single problem with it, plus its been around for a long time. I guess they just call their suff Beta so that people don't get mad when errors happen.

I didn't really like the light blue color of Chrome, but the look makes the default FireFox 2 or 3 look like it's from the stone age if you switch between the two.

I wonder how long this thing will be in the "Beta" stage... because Gmail is sill considered Beta and I've never had a single problem with it, plus its been around for a long time. I guess they just call their suff Beta so that people don't get mad when errors happen.

I didn't really like the light blue color of Chrome, but the look makes the default FireFox 2 or 3 look like it's from the stone age if you switch between the two.
But the great thing about firefox is that you can change just about anything about it.

Chrome kind of blows.

its slower then FF
it dont have drop down links
it dont have a valid place for favorites
I dont think you can add toolbars to it, being yahoo and google are 2 must haves.

ill stick to FF.

"Chrome" will be good In my opinion. I am not mistaken, didn't FF have MAJOR problems when coming out, but it was reformed...?
I was told this but IDK.
Chrome will be the same way...

"Chrome" will be good In my opinion. I am not mistaken, didn't FF have MAJOR problems when coming out, but it was reformed...?
I was told this but IDK.
Chrome will be the same way...
Maybe the beta did, but the stable release didn't have any problems that I know of. Chrome doesn't seem to have problems, it just doesn't have adblock and it seems to be very very very basic.

New internet browser from Google, huh? What's next? A Google-based Operating system that will contains everything Google made? lol...

New internet browser from Google, huh? What's next? A Google-based Operating system that will contains everything Google made? lol...
lol, that would be cool... Google Linux. If google made a Linux distro, then surely more people would find out about the greatness of Linux. But it would take a lot to top Ubuntu. I can definitely see Google coming out with an OS sometime. They just keep making so many program and features, an entire operating system is the way to complete control.

Maybe the beta did, but the stable release didn't have any problems that I know of. Chrome doesn't seem to have problems, it just doesn't have adblock and it seems to be very very very basic.
Well, with this said, isn't the "chrom" browser Beta?
Thats what I heard...idk, All I do know is the official Google Chrome isnt set to be released until the end of January, about the time of IE8.

Then again, my sources are prolly wrong.

Yeah, but I find Google Chrome very good for downloading. For example, on Amazon mp3, I found it a great light weight browser with an excellent way to manage downloads. They just show up at the bottom in a little thing that stays above the pages, with progress bars and it shows I think four downloads at once.

It automatically starts the download, saves it to a folder in your documents, and then you can just import that music to iTunes with one click. Then delete the music from your download folder to keep it clean for next time. Much less hassles than using Amazon's download helper.

So if you use amazon.com/mp3, that's the way to do it from my experience.

Who knows what else it is great for?

Chrome kind of blows.

its slower then FF
it dont have drop down links
it dont have a valid place for favorites
I dont think you can add toolbars to it, being yahoo and google are 2 must haves.

ill stick to FF.

I tried it. I agree.

Open-sourcing FTW

Yeah, but I find Google Chrome very good for downloading. For example, on Amazon mp3, I found it a great light weight browser with an excellent way to manage downloads. They just show up at the bottom in a little thing that stays above the pages, with progress bars and it shows I think four downloads at once.

It automatically starts the download, saves it to a folder in your documents, and then you can just import that music to iTunes with one click. Then delete the music from your download folder to keep it clean for next time. Much less hassles than using Amazon's download helper.

So if you use amazon.com/mp3, that's the way to do it from my experience.

Who knows what else it is great for?
Isn't there a firefox add-on that does that?

I don't know. There are other types of download managers for firefox, so I guess you could do it, but it's nice to have the speed and simplicity when that is all you need sometimes.

Back