Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

GorBaCham

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone i saw this deck on psycodads worlds report and wonderd how would it do in R/S on? so i built it

Pokemon:19
3clamperl
3gorbyss
2shuppet (dragon)
1shuppet (HL)
3bannette
3medditite (fighting)
3medicham
1jirachi

Trainers:25
4lanette
2briney
2celio
3 steven
3VS seeker
2ERS (energy recycle system)
2ancient tomb
1desert ruins
2switch
2ATM
2TV

Energy:16
3rainbow
3double rainbow
4multi
5fighting
1water

well i hope u like thanks for any suggestions

I played a R/S version in a e-on tourney last weekend. R/S on is a slower format and I had problems with a few decks with nurse and oracle. Still I think it has a chance with all the special nrg and fighting weak pokes but banettes weakness to dark really hurts against magma in spite of the resistance to fighting. Here's my latest list

Pokemon:24
4 dunsparce- I prefer this over lanettes due to the 1 supporter a turn rule
4 clamperl
4 gorbyss
3 shuppet (HL)
3 bannette
3 medditite (fighting)
3 medicham

Trainers:25
4 stevens
3 reporter - power up banettes second attack
2 bill's maintenance
2 celio
2 oaks research - anti decking
2briney
2celio
1 vs seeker
3 desert ruins - I still expect a fair amount of EX play in the new format and with the future sets

Energy:16
6 psy
4 double rainbow
4 multi
2 fighting
I have not needed ERS. Tomb takes away the match up advantage so I do not play it. It does help against magma so if that's big in your metagame play 3 so you can counter. Play 4 double rainbow. The other issue in this new format with this deck is no more copycat. I designed the deck so I would have large hands and if my opponent copycated my hand, I could punish them with medicham. An alternative is FRLG marowak. It works on the same principle as banettes second attack (which I usually do not use, the first attack is the real killer) so you would want to max out on TV reporter and play a few schemers as well. Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Like Psycodad said, play Sparce instead of Lannete. It works a lot better, you can search for pokemon of the same type, and it's a great staller.

-4 Lannete
+3 Sparce
+1 Jirachi, Water Energy(Not sure which)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back