Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gorilla Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperWooper

I see the Wailord EX, I see the Steelix, and I even designed a Swalot Deck for when Solved Seal comes out. All of these giants have been combined with Xatu to keep them healthy (for the most part) . I got this title from Otaku's term: Gojira, meaning: deck with sandstorm Xatu in it. But I don't see an Aggron EX deck anywhere on the boards. Although there probably is one and I just didn't see it. But anyway, FIX MINE! :D

Pokemon: 21
4 Natu
4 Xatu
3 Aron
3 Lairon
3 Aggron EX (Yes three, it's in case one is in my prizes)
2 Wobbuffet
2 Dunsparce

Energies: 16
12 Psychic
4 Metal

Trainers: 23
4 Oracle
3 Pokenav
3 Warp Point
4 Potion
2 Copycat
2 Crystal Shard
2 Power Charge
3 Professor Birch

Okay, looks good huh? No? I didn't think so. It is almost seven in the morning while I'm typing this. So what, I'm weird! Big deal! Seriously though, let me explain my deck. The pokemon are self-explanitory. Energies, some of you may want to change. That's one area I need help with. And the other is GASP trainers!

I put in a higher number of Oracle than pokenav to ensure that I draw one first turn. Even though this only happens once every two games on average, maybe Lady Luck will be on my side at Cities! Or States! Or whatever is next if I get that far! Crystal Shard is for Salamence, Rayquaza, and Delcatty if I can magically warp point the stupid thing out there. Power Charge. Enough said. Professor Birch works well with Oracle, so I'm running it over Copycat. First time I've ever not used it in high numbers, so wish me luck. Or just blow raspberrys at your computer screen. :p RASPBERRY!! Okay, all stupidity aside, potion is there because we know why it's there. Copycat is in there for two reasons:

1) To work as that pull-off-a-huge-hand card that people just throw one of into every deck, and
2) Because it's serving as another draw engine, kind of like Reporter is backup to Oak's Research in all of your decks. But more leaning towards number one, if that makes you happy, you POR lovers. :D

So um...That's about it. Fix whatever you want to, or ignore my post completely!
But if you do, I'll take that as a sign that there's nothing wrong with it. So somebody fix it, because I know it needs help. Pronto.

Last edited:
Gojira is Gorilla-Whale!

SuperWooper said:
Okay, all stupidity aside, potion is there because we know why it's there.
We do? Rule number one when building these decks-if Xatu isn't enough healing, maybe you need a different Pokemon. :p Seriously, it just isn't worth the space considering you could run say two Masterball, increasing the likelyhood of setting up SS Xatu faster, and every two Xatu is a free Potion for your active each turn. The Benched Pokemon should not be too much of a problem, since you just need to burn a Switch one turn to heal the Xatu, and the rest are expendable. Since we are dealing with a Pokemon ex (and let me know how this does-I pulled one Aggron ex and am considering it for an alternative Gojira deck irl), and one that uses Special Energies, Super Scoop-Up would probably be better. This is also good for making an opponent that targets the bench waste time-sure it's only a 50-50 chance, but Pokemon is about knowing when to take risks.

I would replace PokeNav with a different Trainer. Oracles should help you gt you Energy, so one candidate would be MasterBall-in a deck that is 1/3 Pokemon, it works well. ANother option is Desert SHaman, since once you get an Aggron ex up, its more or less Self-sustaining.

Now I am going to jump back up to Pokemon-Aggron ex is weak to Fighting and Fire, so you really should include a Suicune or two in your deck. With Suicune and Wobbuffet, the only decent FIghting Pokemon you have to worry about are Solrock (who is usually just TecH and a Lairon can handle) or Aquapolis Nidoking (and if players are smart they will run him like I have in a Gojira variant ;) ). There are some other good fighting Pokemon, but they are all Psychic or Water Weak. Yes, Expetition and Dragons Golem are both Water Weak, and also tend to excel in Gojira decks. The most importnat reason though is my Steelix variant. Why? I use Sandstorm Onix. FOr (FCC), it does rage. It's HP is 80, and Rage is 10+. So if I leave it on the bench and your Metal Surge 3 times, I can then bring up Onix, attach a Rainbow, and Rage for a OHKO... okay, that's before Metal Energy, but if you have all four on one Aggron ex, it'd be worth sacrficing two Onix and two Rainbows to take you down. The real threat is early to mid game, when you probably only have one or two MEtal and thus might still retain a little damage build-up. Aquapolis/Promo SUicune is great for taking out most Water Weak Pokemon since, for (WCC), it either hits for 60 with Sleep, or hits for a straight 100! That's enough to nail the popular FIrestarter Blaziken in one-shot!

Well, hope those suggestions help. :)

Otaku said:
We do? Rule number one when building these decks-if Xatu isn't enough healing, maybe you need a different Pokemon. Aquapolis/Promo SUicune is great for taking out most Water Weak Pokemon since, for (WCC), it either hits for 60 with Sleep, or hits for a straight 100! That's enough to nail the popular FIrestarter Blaziken in one-shot!

Well, hope those suggestions help. :)

These two gave me some good ideas. You're right about one thing, Otaku, Suicune is needed. I was thinking of using potion because:

Firestarter Blaziken does 60 to an Aggron EX with four metals.
One potion plus four Healing Winds equals 60 damage removed.
So Aggron wasn't really hurt there.

Of course I must have four metals, a potion, and four Xatu's up and running for this to work, but I'm talking late game. However, Otaku, I realized that your two suggestions combined allowed me to lose the potion for:

2 Aquapolis Suicune
2 Aquapolis Fan Club

And lose the two dunsparce for another fan club and a master ball. Then I'm dropping a pokenav for a masterball. See how that works out? I've got 2/2 Pokenav (for energies and pokemon) and Masterball (for pokemon) after I Oracle. Of course Masterball also works well even if I haven't Oracled yet. Otaku, those were great suggestions. And I wasn't calling you a liar earlier. Thanks for that. So here's the new deck list (w/o Sparce!):

I see the Wailord EX, I see the Steelix, and I even designed a Swalot Deck for when Solved Seal comes out. All of these giants have been combined with Xatu to keep them healthy (for the most part) . I got this title from Otaku's term: Gojila, meaning: deck with sandstorm Xatu in it. But I don't see an Aggron EX deck anywhere on the boards. Although there probably is one and I just didn't see it. But anyway, FIX MINE!

4 Natu
4 Xatu
3 Aron
3 Lairon
2 Wobbuffet
2 Suicune

Energies: 18
11 Psychic
4 Metal
3 Rainbow

Trainers: 21
4 Oracle
2 Pokenav
2 Masterball
3 Warp Point
2 Crystal Shard
2 Power Charge
3 Professor Birch
3 Fan Club

Thanks again, Otaku. Anybody else's comments are welcome; I still think this deck could use some improvement.
Thanks in advance,

Wooper

I think that you should take out Power Charge becouse they aren't going to help you much especially if it is tails:D. And you might want to take out those Master ball's for PETM and you will definitly want to take out a Psy energy for a Rainbow I mean come on you have 11 Psy energy's and Xato anly needs 1 Psy energy and Aggron ex needs 2 metal! So this is what I think would be better
4 Natu
4 Xatu
3 Aron
3 Lairon
2 Wobbuffet
2 Suicune

10 Psychic
4 Metal
4 Rainbow

4 Oracle
2 Pokenav
2 PETM
3 Warp Point
2 Crystal Shard
2 TV Reporter
3 Professor Birch
3 Fan Club

I might think of something else later but I think this would be better for now.

Last edited:
registeel said:
I think that you should take out Power Charge becouse they aren't going to help you much especially if it is tails:D. And you might want to take out those Master ball's for PETM and you will definitly want to take out a Psy energy for a Rainbow I mean come on you have 11 Psy energy's and Xato anly needs 1 Psy energy and Aggron ex needs 2 metal! So this is what I think would be better
4 Natu
4 Xatu
3 Aron
3 Lairon
2 Wobbuffet
2 Suicune

10 Psychic
4 Metal
4 Rainbow

4 Oracle
2 Pokenav
2 PETM
3 Warp Point
2 Crystal Shard
2 TV Reporter
3 Professor Birch
3 Fan Club

I might think of something else later but I think this would be better for now.

I'm not sure I want fourteen supporters in a deck like this, Registeel. Any other comments? Suggestions?

Most people seem to forget that about PETM: its a supproter. If youd eck runs like no supporters, its always first choice. If you deck runs a lot of supporters though... in this case, Oracle/Master ball will probably work best-you got 21 Pokemon, and will need over half of them.

I decided to take some of your advice partially, Registeel. I'm replacing 3 Birch w/ 3 TV Reporter. So the new list looks a little like this:

4 Natu
4 Xatu
3 Aron
3 Lairon
2 Wobbuffet
2 Suicune

11 Psychic
4 Metal
3 Rainbow

4 Oracle
2 Pokenav
2 Masterball
3 Warp Point
2 Crystal Shard
2 Power Charge
3 TV Reporter
3 Fan Club

Thanks for comments, questions, concerns, criticism, etc. And please reply soon, or else I'll think that it's perfect the way it is and shouldn't change a thing. And I know it isn't that good. Come on, I designed it. :p

Ok you're lacking something that's actually quite the sleeper for this deck. Godtrainer plays a deck alot like this and he uses the Furret from (Aquapolis I think). Using him he get the Aggron out by turn 3 and all the metals on it a few turns later. Just something to think about. then if you lose 1 Aggron and power charge the energy back the Furret can pull them back quickly

He run Three evolution lines and 2 sets of basics? If he did, that deck should have died. I tried to Squeeze furret into my Steelix/Xatu, and didn't have room. thats 3 stage 1s. Not good for a a deck that aredy ahs a stage 1 and 2. Oracle makes a fine replacement.

EeveeTrainer said:
Ok you're lacking something that's actually quite the sleeper for this deck. Godtrainer plays a deck alot like this and he uses the Furret from (Aquapolis I think). Using him he get the Aggron out by turn 3 and all the metals on it a few turns later. Just something to think about. then if you lose 1 Aggron and power charge the energy back the Furret can pull them back quickly

Well I don't want to be like Godtrainer, EeveeTrainer. I Know about this stragety, but in a Gojira deck, speed is not as important as in an Aggron/Wailord/Furret deck, because Xatu, who I usually get out first, has the power to heal, allowing me to Oracle for my metal energies at my own pace while Xatu gets rid of damage. I should have Aggron out by turn three, and four metal on him by turn five or six. Besides, it's not like I'm not a good enough player to do the exact same thing, only a turn or two later.

this wont beat any Blazi variant, other than blaze eggs. id go with the usual aggron ex wailord since it does have a possibility vs fire, but without wailord itll jst die badly to bar and niniken. so in my suggestions, take out the xatus, add in a 3/2 wailord line, make the psychic water and 4 of them boost, then drop an oracle and with the 4 lots available add in a 2/2 furreet line. Finally take out the fan clubs and add in 3 ss sparce, thats what id do if i wanted to stand up vs fire. if u dont want to the deck is fine, its a really fun deck.

i had an aggron deck in the boards... i think its like 2nd page now, but an honest question... how do you expect to beat blaziken?

well i play aggron with furret and wailord. It runs smooth. It has beaten blaziken/ninetails, BAR and all the major stuff. If you go back to my decklist in the 2nd page, my deck is there and all the explanations. I like the idea of xatu, but it isn't strong to compete against the tier ones.

|PoKeY| said:
i had an aggron deck in the boards... i think its like 2nd page now, but an honest question... how do you expect to beat blaziken?

well i play aggron with furret and wailord. It runs smooth. It has beaten blaziken/ninetails, BAR and all the major stuff. If you go back to my decklist in the 2nd page, my deck is there and all the explanations. I like the idea of xatu, but it isn't strong to compete against the tier ones.

Yeah, Mudkip and Pokey, I know, I know, I know. I've already built a Wailord/Aggron deck a page back. I know how to beat Blaziken. Don't tell me that I should change the theme of my deck, although help would be nice.

One question:

You guys ever heard of Suicune? One heads flip and Blaziken is done.

Final Deck List (courtesy of Rainbow Richards and Registeel, who traded me what I needed, you guys rock, thank you again)

4 SK Natu
4 SS Xatu
3 Teary Eyes Aron
3 Magnitude Lairon
3 Aggron EX
2 SS Wobbuffet
2 AQ Suicune

Energy: 18
11 Psychic
4 Metal
3 Rainbow

4 Oracle
3 Master Ball
2 Warp Point
2 Switch
3 Fan Club
3 TV Reporter
2 Crystal Shard
2 Power Charge

Wish me luck at cities in Severn! (It's free! YAY!)

Actually, this deck list isn't final. I'm always open to questions, comments, concerns, but not, "This deck doesn't stand a chance against Blaziken!" I have two Aquapolis Suicune to combat them. One heads flip and Blaziken's done. As for Ray EX, I have Crystal Shard. I'm hoping to outlast Gardy by distributing energy scarcely, and as for Amphy EX, which is resistant, I'll destroy their bench. Mirror matches, well, it'll be my skill against theirs. So that means I'll win. Just kidding. Victreebell and Shedinja...Suicune and Wobbuffet. Turbo Wailord/Aggron w/ Furret, I'll try to outlast them. Stock up on metals and build a solid bench.

Severn's CC is on the 28th, (And it's free! I'm such a miser :D)so comments are welcome till then. Except you, Devon. Just kidding.

Wooper out.

For the record, I played against an Ampheros ex deck. While you lack my option (Rage with a powerd up Onix), you don't have to rely on Rage for Big Damage with Aggron ex... making Crystal Shard even mroe effective for you. You might consider running another one-it's great for getting around Resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back