Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Grading 1999-2000 Base Set Holos

TheDuckTamer09

My boyfriend and I recently completed a 1999-2000 Base Set (mostly completed; all cards have been purchased, but not all have arrived yet and one needs to be replaced due to bad condition).

We would like to sell our set for some profit and were contemplating grading the holos. So far we have paid $200 for our set.

Here are pictures and scans of the holos we currently have in our possession.

Could those cards possibly see decent grades (PSA 7 or higher)?

Any opinions are appreciated!

My boyfriend and I recently completed a 1999-2000 Base Set (mostly completed; all cards have been purchased, but not all have arrived yet and one needs to be replaced due to bad condition).

We would like to sell our set for some profit and were contemplating grading the holos. So far we have paid $200 for our set.

Here are pictures and scans of the holos we currently have in our possession.

Could those cards possibly see decent grades (PSA 7 or higher)?

Any opinions are appreciated!

I would say definitely.

Most of them look PSA 8-9'ish. Very nice cards!

There's always the problem of PSA not labeling your cards as 1999-2000 (UK Print). They will just label them as Unlimited.

I wonder, how do you get them to label unique trophy cards and such??

Last edited:
Ah yes...labeling would be a problem as I for sure want them labeled as the correct print. Is there any way to request certain labeling?

You can write a very detailed formal letter to them asking to rename a specific label or to create a new label if one does not exist for that card, along with proof probably. From what I've heard they are very good at being able to change them upon request but they might not as it's ultimately their decision.

The previous owner of my Pikachu Trophy card William, had to send it into PSA twice with a letter I believe to try and get it graded as it had not been done before! Jason has also done this before and at the moment he has cards being relabled (Dragonite GB 1998 as its labeled as 1999.) Also my Illustrator Pichu/Arceus set is being graded atm which hasn't been done before, Jason has kindly sent in a letter to hopefully be able to get them done! :)

Last edited:
Most of them look PSA 8-9'ish. Very nice cards!

There's always the problem of PSA not labeling your cards as 1999-2000 (UK Print). They will just label them as Unlimited.

I wonder, how do you get them to label unique trophy cards and such??

All my Gradings have come back with "Year" Pokemon Game. So it should have the year "2000" as the very first word in the top left.

Back