Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Grand Pokemon Event - Netherlands, Europe

Rainbowgym

[CHRISBO EDIT - Fixed title to include country. Thanks.]

Pokemonclubs Cebrozias Gym and Rainbow Gym will invite you:

Because of the cancelation of the City Championship Tournament in Groningen and not getting the change ourselves to arrange a City Championship.
We decided to organize for all our disappointed clubmembers and any other player who likes to come a

GRAND POKEMON EVENT

SATURDAY 3 APRIL 2004
Location : Buurthuis Hornmeer, Roerdomplaan 3 in City Aalsmeer.

09.30 Doors open
10.00-10.30 Registration Main event. You can participate in all events for only 5 Euro.
10.30 Start Main Event
15.00 Start Side events
17.00 End of day

10.30 Constructed Modified tournament with 3 agegroups 10- , 11-14 and 15+.
Match=Game, 30 minutes a game.
Total rounds depending on amount of players but at least 4.
14.55 Price awarding winners of each age group.

15.00 Single Elimination with the best 3 or 4 players out of each agegroup of the10.30 Main event . Jongest players get the bye if needed.

15.00 Choise of the day. (8 players per event and as many events as you wish)

1. Constructed Modified Teamplay, single elemination.
(restriction on Gardevoir EX, Psystorm attack, only nrg of your own (attacking player) and of the by you choosen defending player count for figuring out damage).

2. Constructed Modified, single elemination.

3. Constructed Unlimited, single elemination.

For all 3 types events : Match=Game, 30 minutes a round.
Price awarding direct after end of last round.

We also have a special side event for all Starting Playing Parents.

Questions, mail [email protected] of [email protected]

See you at april 3th.

The Mad Professors from Holland
Henna Charry and Lia van Bemmelen

Last edited by a moderator:
NoPoke said:
scratches around wondering what I can send to help with the prize pile.
Maybe one of those packages i've sent you???? ;)

Cuz you know i'll be sending you more......

Last edited:
NoPoke, Thanks I didn't even think about asking for support.
We are so used to be on our own, but everything is more than welcome.

Meaby, do you have some of those promocard which we should have to give out, but which we don't get?
I know PSgames has then but we don't get them.
I mean those EU only things

What should be more than welcome is those badges given out in the states or badges from the WOTC 2nd year.
Most of our players are 10- and I only have the year one badges left and Gencon league badges which they almost all have.

If anyone has anything left let me know I will pay for the shipping with paypal, no problem.

(dreaming of a bag full of badges and seeing suprised faces when we hand them out)

why are you restricting Gardevoir to that? now he's no longer good than Magneton DR, and Gardevoir isn't even as good anymore, not with Blazi RS around.

-MuD

Thanks for all the lovely responces, I was crying reading them.
We are on top of what we can do for our players and don't have much energy left over to get things straight.
I will keep on trying, but it looks like a lost case. ( but hasn't it been that way for over 3 years).
What our distributor doesn't seem to understand is that when we quit, there are NO modified players left in this country. Because the 3 clubs playing modified decided to not rootate out the exp-sky set before summer 2005.
One club only has 15 members, but we have 100.
So if we backoff the 3th club doesn't have competition anymore and they also said not to rotate them out.

The 5 profs left here are on good speaking terms and we are going on playing Pokemon, but on our own way.
I can't tell the parents that the Skyridge cards a kid bought not even a year ago are not allowed anymore.
We have been growing and growing since the day we started our clubs and it looks like our filosofie works, so we stay that way..
The last set of a serie must be played for 2 years before we rotate it out.

Anyone who has in the future anything left to share with us, you are welcome.
It's to sad for words that a personal disaffection of a distributor can lead to disclose 100 players from materials, I never get used to that.

For anyone going to Florida this summer.
We will try to be there (with or without invitation).

Thank you all, this kind of things make me happy again and give me force to fight for our players.

Li@

Hello Lia and Henna

I'd really love to be with you at the tournament, but my shop is open on Saturday and I have to be there.

Great to see such an initiative !
Good luck. I'm sure it will be a great event :)

Mudkip

It's only restricted in Teamplay, because it's to overwelming in team.
What will happen in the second turn of the game.
4 Players added nrg, then rare candy Gardy EX and boost and splash. Second player doesn the same.

I played it with my son and believe me our opponents didn't had a single change.
Then we tried with the restriction and that was giving us less advantage, but still gardi EX is a terrible card to face.
Because we also want this game to be fun, for players who don't have those "strong' cards, I made the resistriction.
The teamplay before I even banned the whole card, but now with RAyquaza and Blaziken EX around I decided to allow it.

I play a deck I named Gardebomb and did beat Blaziken EX deck and some other combo's which are supposed to be strong.
To be honest, Blaziken EX is not the card which should be banned, but Gardevoir EX.
Blaziken EX can only work in combo with other cards, Gardy EX can do alone.

Michel, I know you have to work and I have thumbs up for the challenge you are facing overthere.
We will have fun, we always have. Just wondering how many will apply for the unlimited part.

ok, i guess in 2 vs 2 players it'd be quite broken, any chance for a game? i'd really like to see those combos to beat Blaziken ex.

-MuD

BTW sorry if im getting off-topic here

Mudkip, no problem not to much people will visit this topic.

For the ones who did all I can say THANK YOU, THANK YOU (in Dutch DANKJEWEL) they will understand.

I can't get into apprentice, but I'm working on something on-line playable in the future.
There is one deck I have seen which is a very good combo. Kingdra EX/ Sceptile that one hurts a lot of "strong" cards.

I play the Gardbomb because it's easy to play and most times I show up at tournaments guiding 7-10 kids and than I got to much disturbed to play concentrated.
I'm not to afraid of Blaziken EX it needs to much backup, there are some other cards out now which are underestimated.

Lia, there's no way now that I can send some stuff that will make it on time for your tourney with the amount of money I possess (extremely little), so all I can say is good luck, have fun and expect a package from me that you can use on your next one, or promise a few kids some badges and you can deliver them when you get my package. You may not always have the support you need, but your wholehearted love for the game and fight for equality is certainly an inspiration to us all.

Proc Alley thanks for you to, but you can wait I'm already so coddled? spoiled? (can't find the right word but I mean I feel like I get more than I deserve)

I called the other clubleader and told her what arrived and what is on the way and she was also overwhelmed.

My tournament announcement on this board was not meant to get anything, it was just out of frustration how everything is going overhere.
I only pointed out to PUI how a certain TO of a CC was excluding people from an open tournament, and some other absolutly not alowed thing as playing in a private residence. And what happened, PUI immediate cancelled that CC.
Now overhere they point me out as quilty for canceling that tournament. I didn't make the decission to cancel it, never wanted that. I didn't exclude players from a tournament I never do.
I only wanted to go and play there with a group of players and I think that's my good right.
Again I'm called destructive and sabotaging this game, but can someone tell me WHY?
What did I do wrong?
I only tried with this tournament to save the day for a lot players.

Back to topic, I'm going to enjoy Saturday absolutly, I will take photo's (this time I will think about bringing the camera and also get it out of my backpack) because I feel the need to send you all some photo's , so you can enjoy with me.

Last edited:
Tourny was a great succes, I will make a webpage later this week with the pictures of it and post the link overhere.
(With a big thanks to my husband, because of course I forgot again that I had the camera in my backpack)
Ian, my husband went during the tournament home to see if the mailman got something and yes on time!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Rainbowgym said:
I only pointed out to PUI how a certain TO of a CC was excluding people from an open tournament, and some other absolutly not alowed thing as playing in a private residence. And what happened, PUI immediate cancelled that CC.

I'm overjoyed to hear your event went well. Very fine!

I'd like to say a couple things about the above quote.

1. At least you know that PUI is listening in some degree.
  2. I'm sure this serves notice to that TO that his/her actions are being watched to some degree.
  3. Anyone having a premiere event in their private residence had better own a palace that has regular public events.
  4. It's good that we are no longer restricted to stores and can use community buildings for premiere/leauge events. In fact, the California State Championship is at a Women's Club. However, private residence with exclusions for certain players is off the charts -- in the wrong direction.
  5. I commend you for having your own special event for the players!

I look forward to your website. No need to translate to English!

'snore

Last edited:
Back