Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

grinder report 15th

FriedBlaziken

yeah me and my bro went to the grinder hoping to grind in.
then they announced there were only 7 spots open in seniors and i realized 5 wins would get me through.
i decided to use banette because of mario and ape and because rambo gave me some tips.
since its not gonna be any use now heres the list:

pokemon
4-4 banette ex
1 banette cg
1-1 lunalock
1-1 doom

trainers
4 tranceiver
2 mentor
2 adventurer
1 scientist
3 tvr
3 petm
3 crystal beach
1 battle frontier
1 scott
2 castaway
2 buffer piece
1 strength charm
1 crystal shard
1 energy switch (yes, it does win games. thx rambo)
3 reversal
2 warp

energy
9 psychic
4 rainbow
2 cyclone

yeah as usual it took ages before the rounds started.

round 1
vs taylor m w/ metanite
she was one of the best metanite players i have ever faced.i got out doom t2 and locked in a crystal beach so metagross couldnt attack my banny. i go 3 prizes before her metagross koed my banny. she couldnt use powers thx to my doom lock bf. so i setup another banette and play around with shady move. crystal shard got me one early ko on draggy and a t2 reversal on spearow did me good.
1-0

round 2
vs ellissa h w/donkados
i saw a spinarak. and i was like yay flariados gonna win. little did i know i was gonna have the worst luck
ever. she flips heads on nearly everything and i get 2 burn check tails and a alseep check tails.
nuff said. i knew i had to win my next 4 to get in
1-1

round 3
vs dominic w/ape
he was quite a bad ape player no offense. he used delcatty pk to attack. his speed stadium helped me and i managed to get the lunalock out. i was just too fast
2-1

round 4
vs michael p w/ electivire
we flipped over the cards and i saw a dp elekid and i was expecting a rogue. but then he evolved. i had good practice vs electivire so i was confident. i got out doom like t4 and locked in a bf. he had an early kill on my banette but i managed to get back.
3-1

round 5
vs austin c w/ absolutions
he flipped over the cards. eevees and mew. then he plays the ray and i know its absolutions, one of my bad matchups. i t2 kill his mew ex. he starts powering up a ray. i use a mentor search my deck. oh yay 2 shuppets prized. he killed my banette next turn and sniped a benched shuppet. i knew i was gone from there. so the dreams dead. no more main event for me :(. but i still played on.
3-2

round 6
vs imran w/ banette/lucario
mirror. i had one of the worst starts ever but i used lunatone to get a tranceiver. i mentor for some shuppets and immeidately evolved into banette cg and stalled for a lot of turns. buffer pieces ftw.then i doom locked him so no reversals or anything. then he got a banny ex out powered and used lucario and killed my cg and doom. then i used tvr draw 3 gets a reversal. hit the heads i win. considering what luck i had today i thought i had no chance. i roll. and gets the heads. i win
4-2

so i didnt make it to the main event. but i reckon i did alright.

pros:
bro made it in with MARIO
danny came 2nd in masters
asia pacifics gonna do good
a lot of other things
rambo for helping me with my deck

slops:
i didnt make it
i dont get to use washout tomorrow
im so bad at pokemanz :(
alan didnt make it

energy switch IS SO GOOD!
sorry man, you still did great with the deck! the changes you made looked like they helped in your games, good job!

Dude. They listed your brother as an American...Was he adopted? XD

Good job. You did better than all of the Australians in the main event...Seeing as 2 of them have dropped and one has won 2 games and all the others have won 1...

Back