Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Groulutops-HELP PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiss_n_Fire

Okay, so I am not a great deck builder. But, with the new set I decided to throw one together which actually has done fairly well. Any ideas on how to make it better??

Pokemon:
4-Groudon
4-Riolu
3-Lucario
1-Lucario X
3-Dome Fossil
3-Kabuto
3-Kabutops
2-Baltoy
2-Claydol

Trainers/Supporter/Stadium:
2-Stark Mountain
3-Fossil Excavator
3-Bebe's
3-Night Maintenance
3-Poke Radar
2-Warp Point
2-Switch

Energies:
1-Call Energy
16-Fighting Energy

Okay so this is my whole theory on how my deck runs..lol!
Start with Groudon, attach an energy...drought..attatch 2 more energy from your hand and smash the opponents first Pokemon T2. While they are trying to set up, get Lucario and Kabutops set up and energized. Sweep with Groudon a couple more times...night maintenance your energy back into your deck...pull up Kabutops, lock out trainers...hit for 70. Always keep a Groudon fully energized on the bench for a quick KO (which is why I run warp point and switch...just in case I don't want to change their active). Meanwhile search out Lucario X and once you have it...switch or WP and use Stance. At that point you can decide whether to snipe or not. I choose to snipe and then WP because the new Lucario lets you do 80 if they are already damaged. Anyway, tell me what you think...go easy...I am definitly not the deck builder in my family...my hubby is! LOL

Last edited:
I think you should drop 1 Dome fossil, 2 Kabuto, and 1 Kabutops and throw 2 Roseanne's Research and 2 Rare Candy in to the deck. Fossil Excavator can pull the Kabutops line from the discard so 2-1-2 line is plenty.

I was thinking an alternative strategy would be to evolve Kabutops on the bench ASAP and use drought to power it up and warp/switch it to the active for early disruption of your opponent. Then you can build the Groudon on the bench for a follow up hit.

hmmm well as discussed last night thinking that should just drop the Kabutops line altogether along with probably Lucario as well...run a line something like this

4 Grouden
4-3-4 Armaldo
2-2 Claydol

Armaldos poke-body keeps him from taking the damage from Groudens attack and his attack powers up any of your pokemons attacks by 40 the next turn....so could attack for 60 with Armaldo switch/warp point and do 140 with Grouden next turn. The only thing I would like to add or wish could add is a Sniper to the deck but you know I love sniping lol. As far as trainers go I would probably go something like

4 Fossil Escavator (SP?)
4 PlusPower
3-4 Roseanne's Research (to keep energy in your hand for Grouden)
3-4 Bebe's Search
2-3 Night Matienance
then a few card drawers as well

That is just a rough sketch but think that could be a fun and fairly decent deck all because of Armaldos fairly annoying Poke-Body.

my 2 cents worth...

Pokemon: 23
2- regirock
4-Riolu
3-Lucario
1-Lucario X
3-Dome Fossil
3-Kabuto
3-Kabutops
2-Baltoy
2-Claydol

Trainers/Supporter/Stadium:22
3-Stark Mountain
2-Fossil Excavator
4-Bebe's
1-Night Maintenance
4- oaks visit
2-Warp Point
2-rosannes
2-bucks
2- cynthias

Energies: 15
15-Fighting Energy

why not try this: do a 2-1-2 Kabutops line, and a 3-3-1 Lucario. With 2 of the spots, put in 2 rare candy and 1 more call, for consistentcy. I'm curious, how is this decks matchup with Grass decks like Leafeon, and Torterra?

Well, after some playtesting...I have revised my deck...
I dropped Kabutops and Lucario, putting in Armaldo. Armaldo and Groudon do wonderfully together!! Here is my new line:

Pokemon:
2-Baltoy
2-Claydol
4-Claw Fossil
4-Anorith
4-Armaldo
4-Groudon

Trainers/Supporters:
3-Night Maintenance
3-Switch
2-Warp Point
4-Pokedex
4-Plus Power
3-Fossil Ex.
3-Cynthia's
2-Bebe's

Energy:
16-Fighting Basic Energy

The whole idea with this is to get Groudon up and attatch energy...start sweeping with him while building up Armaldo. Switch or warp point Armaldo up, do 60 damage...warp point full energized Groudon for 140KO. It seems to do very well. I have yet to deal with a grass deck but I am sure it is going to be pretty rough. Both have high weakness to grass. It has been play tested against my sons Luxray/Electivire deck...my other sons Poli Family deck, a Metagross deck, and AMU deck as of so far. I plan to do more testing with the deck this weekend. Thanks for everyone's ideas!! It is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back