Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Groundbreakers set list? Confirmed!

Jigglychu

Here is the full Groundbreakers TFG set list with pictures.

The entire scan is from Mewchou, I just cut the images separately and saved them.

Armaldo
Blastoise
Bulbasaur
Cacnea
Cyndaquil
Elekid
Flaaffy
Geodude
Girafarig
Hariyama
Jigglypuff
Kabuto
Kadabra
Lairon
Lapras
Larvitar
Latias
Latios
Linoone
Mankey
Metagross
Mewtwo
Mightyena
Noctowl
Poliwag
Psyduck
Raticate
Slaking
Smoochum
Snubbull
Spinarak
Spinda
Steelix
Venusaur
Wartortle
Wobbuffet
Xatu
Zubat
Green
Koga
Landon
Sabrina

So who is Landon? And I notice there seems to be many pokemon from the same family. Maybe they'll introduce evolution somehow? (Although I don't see how that could work...) It'll be interesting to see if they make EX figures or something similar.

PokePop's Edit: Unofficially, this seems to be correct. Waiting on some official confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the set list is certainly random enough to be correct, I'm finding it a tad hard to believe that walmart's got these three weeks prior to the release date.
As the dictum goes, "Pics or it didn't happen."

EDIT: As for Landon, it was an alternate name from Brendan. So maybe it'll be him in his Emerald colors? That would be LAME...

Walmart could easily have it three weeks prior...but it doesn't really mesh with their supposedly great logistics systems. They wouldn't want to hold onto stock in a warehouse for that long.

A pokemon prof. here just said he saw it too.

EDIT: But I just searched Walmart.com for "pokemon trading figure game" and nothing tfg-related came up. But then there was no next quest stuff either, and I KNOW I've seen those in Walmart.

Last edited:
Gary is Blue, the female character is green.
Unless you're in Japan, in which case they're flipped.

And no, they wouldn't be called "Leaf". Like Waliken said, Red isn't called "Fire".

Leaf is the ambiguous name for the female protagonist, probably, for this reason: Blue is Green in Japan, and calling Leaf, Green in America, while fine for us, would be a nightmare internally for The Pokemon Company. Since Blue is taken in America, Leaf. Also, this is what Bulbapedia uses, and it seem like there's a more better reason for it. Maybe, because it seems inappropriate to call the female protagonist Blue when there isn't a Water Blue version?

Leaf is the ambiguous name for the female protagonist, probably, for this reason: Blue is Green in Japan, and calling Leaf, Green in America, while fine for us, would be a nightmare internally for The Pokemon Company. Since Blue is taken in America, Leaf. Also, this is what Bulbapedia uses, and it seem like there's a more better reason for it. Maybe, because it seems inappropriate to call the female protagonist Blue when there isn't a Water Blue version?

What?
What on EARTH are you talking about?

The female protagonist has NEVER been called Leaf.

In America, the female protagonist is Green, and "Gary" is blue. In Japan, it's reversed. "This is a nightmare" ? Hmm... allow me to direct your attention to the Pokemon Adventures/Special/whatever it's called Manga, in which those are the names given.
Also, regarding Bulbapedia - it's a wiki. Information found there shouldn't be trusted if you don't have backup proof, no offense to its webmaster.

I'm not using the Special Manga as reference, but rather the games. It seems in appropriate to call the female protagonist Blue in Japan, if she's not even in a game with a Blue Version. Additionally, her default name appears to be Leaf. Sorry for my muddled thoughts earlier. And yes, while Bulbapedia is a wiki, it's fairly well fact checked.

Aside, this is completely off topic. Jimmer seems to indicate the set list is a hoax. I'm inclined to trust his judgment on the matter.

Well, I really have nothing more to say to your posts. I've never seen "Leaf" used as a name in the Pokemon world, and "Green" has been used quite frequently. In Japan, the female is Blue and Gary is Green, in America, it's reversed. Ah well. We'll see when it comes out, or something.

Also, I didn't interpret Jimmer's post as calling the list a hoax. I sensed a good degree of sarcasm; he was merely pointing out the misspelling, not saying that the list was wrong.

In the remakes we got the real colors in America and Gary was GreenLeaf not "Blue", so there is a chance its Gary.

I thought this set was going to be Diamond and Pearl themed :/

Also perhaps it might be wise to note in the first post that you're talking about the trading FIGURE game, not the trading CARD game. I had this weird dream about the name of the next card set being changed to that!

Back