Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gunslinger Girl

SuperWooper

I watched the entire 13-episode series in a single day about a week ago, and I was really moved. The manga (which is also very good - I'm in the middle of it now) is ongoing, but Madhouse cut off the anime adaption early and gave it an open ending so it wouldn't drag on. It's a really neat twist on the girls-with-guns genre, deconstructing it in much the same way that Watchmen did the superhero. (Ignore the Watchmen comparison if you've only seen the film, because Snyder's adaption absolutely pales in comparison to the graphic novel.)

Just wondering if anybody else has seen the series, and if they were as affected by it as I was. It's probably a long shot, since it doesn't seem to have a target audience, but I thought I'd try anyway.

Note: The friend who recommended the show to me told me to avoid the second season because a different animation house assumed production, it wasn't as satisfying on a narrative level, etc. Those of you who saw the original: second opinion?

I only saw a couple of episodes, I kinda with I had time to see more of them because it was a really interesting series.

Back