Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

GuRu SQuaD - Name Drop Box

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
This is where GuRu SquaD members name drop people who have done a great job contributing to threads throughout the forum!

If your name isn't listed in this thread, STEP YOUR GAME UP!! :biggrin:

The posts will have:

• Name of PokeGym Member
  • Number of Points
  • LINK TO POST that received the Guru Points.

+3 to Luxray626 for a great GC answer. Plenty detailed for plus 3, but also not quite 'good' enough to be plus 3. Giving 3 regardless for what was, an excellent answer about a decent deck that I've had personal experience playing.

Here.

Last edited:
+3 to Shino Bug Master for:
Helping out a person in Deck Help and Strategy

He helped them out in letting them know that Ninetales (HGSS/CL) only works with Fire Energy. He also gave them quite a few suggestions on how to fix consistency and what other cards he could try in the deck to help out with the attackers. He provided a way for the person to deal with Vileplume (UD). Finally, suggested that the person read the rest of the forums for other ideas.

+2 to both SaLaMeNcE Xx and Masterswrd, for both having great concepts with acceptable competitive merit. Detail is clearly evident in both. What keeps them from plus 3 is simply not having a tad more in depth explanation.

Keep it coming, it's all great to read. But I don't plan to hand points out easy either. It's hard to grade based on R_A's simple scale too. I am grading on a combination of competitive merit, detailed explanation, and completeness. For example, imo, something that would be a 5 should be on the front page.

Masterswrd Salamence

+3 to cpeterik. Brilliant post on many ways to counter Gothitelle.

Goth counters

Last edited:
I'm looking at some of these posts, and while most are very good, you are throwing out these guru points too fast IMO. Some of these posts were deserving, but iMO remove 1 point from mists of those posts.
Posted with Mobile style...

We grade how we grade. You grade how you grade. It's individualized, to a point anyway. The squad as a whole should think every post linked here is, in fact, good enough to be here. Personally, I think we can be a little more liberal with our point gifting. In the past they were hard to obtain, but in a way, It kind of killed the program. Posting quality walls of text In specific threads was the only way to get points and that's what turned me off to being an old guru. I think the everyday intelligent post should get the same recognition in the "guru style" as the informative ones in the guru specific threads do. I think this new system of more liberal point giving is better because it leaves more room for reward. Guru points are much easier to get now and should be rewarded as such. We should give more rather than fewer to "spread the love". If we give out too few then the people whos posts are not recognized (we can not physically recognize everything) will be sore and unmotivated. There is plenty of intelligence here on they gym. I will try to spread the reward as evenly as I rightfully should. The combing that the various guru members do will help weed the good posts out, with all the good posts yet to be recognized, I would not be surprised if the point standard enters the double digits in a month or two.

T(confusing)LDR; More people doing the rewarding=more points given out. We should increase the numbers as such.

(PLUS, seeing someone have 20 guru points will be much more to aspire to than the current 2 point average which we saw when R_A did the old threads!)

Last edited:
+2 to both SaLaMeNcE Xx and Masterswrd, for both having great concepts with acceptable competitive merit. Detail is clearly evident in both. What keeps them from plus 3 is simply not having a tad more in depth explanation.

Keep it coming, it's all great to read. But I don't plan to hand points out easy either. It's hard to grade based on R_A's simple scale too. I am grading on a combination of competitive merit, detailed explanation, and completeness. For example, imo, something that would be a 5 should be on the front page.

Masterswrd Salamence

Goth counters

They're you points to give. So, if you need to create a process that will help you divide them up more rationally, that's not a problem. It's just fantastic to have you involved in the process :smile:

Masterswrd Salamence

Goth counters

I'd like to throw another +2 towards SaLaMeNcE Xx - A solid take on an old powerhouse, one that I think may be even more effective in this format.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2101292&postcount=10

Also, this thread is for scores. I think we should try to keep in-squad discussion to PM's.

Gotta say I will jump on the SaLaMeNcE Xx bandwagon for the post above and give him another +2

+3.5 to cpeterik for a great, in depth look at Tyram in terms of facing Gothitelle
Countering Gothitelle

First three squad members that award the post are the ones that count. He just earned 6 points on a single post!! Nice.

Back