Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gyarados/Regigigas Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Bel

Here is an idea I had about 2 months ago... the amazing part of the story is that this deck really seems to work^^

I first looked at my Gyarados deck, wanting to give it some individual touch. Then I remembered how I played Regigigas and won a Battle Road with him, but that guy just has too many bad matchups around (Donphan, Machamp, Rampardos, Promocroak).

The setup strategy is quite similar for both decks: discarding and turn those discarded cards into an advantage. Therefore, many cards are identical. Also Gyarados kinda covers Regigigas' weakness against guys like Donphan or Machamp.

So i thought, why not combine them? Here's what came out:

4 Magikarp SF
3 Gyarados SF
1 Regigigas LA 37
1 Regigigas Promo
1 Regigigas Lv.X SF
4 Sableye SF
1 Regice LA
1 Registeel LA
2 Uxie LA
1 Uxie Lv.X LA
1 Mesprit LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown q MD
- 22 -

4 Pokemon Collector
1 Bebe's Search
3 Volkner's Philosophy
1 Looker's Investigation
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Pokemon Rescue
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball
1 Expert Belt
- 23 -

4 Water
4 Fighting
4 Metal
2 Double Colorless
1 Warp Energy
- 15 -

Main Strategy:
Starting with Sableye and, depending on your hand and your opponent's deck, early discarding Energies and/or Magikarps. Regigigas Lv.X pulls out of your discard the neccessary Energies to attack and heal, also Sacrifice is an option to empty your bench from Pixies, etc. Gyarados strategy should be clear.

Of course, the deck suffers losses from the format change, such as Roseanne or Felicity. Nevertheless I think this one is really fun to play and often even sticks with Top Tier decks.

I considered putting in a BTS, but I think a little more rotation between the hitters Regigigas and Gyarados or sometimes even DualDos should also do the job. Lucian could be useful, too.

I hope you have fun with this deck^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back