Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gyarados - Rest of Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solemn_Party

This'll be built for the rest of the season, as it'll be going out next format; might as well play it 'til it's in the ground.

Gyarados
60 Cards

Pokemon: 22
4-3 Gyarados
1-1 Dialga G Lv. X
4 Sableye
1 Unown Q
2 Crobat G
2 Uxie
1 Azelf
1 Mesprit
1 Regice
1 Combee

T/S/S: 31
3 Broken Time-Space
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Seeker
2 Bebe's Search
4 Junk Arm
4 Poketurn
3 Pokemon Rescue
2 VS Seeker
2 Lost Remover
2 Expert Belt

Energy: 7
4 Warp Energy
3 Rescue Energy

Strategy: The deck uses Sableye/Smeargle to set up, discarding magikarps and setting up a Gyarados to attack for 90+ per turn with Revenge Tail. Uses Regice and Junk Arms to discard the magikarps, and uses Crobat + Poketurns to augment damage and get KO's easier. Seeker to reuse Uxie, Azelf, Regice, Crobats and Combee, and heal a Gyarados after attaching warp energy. Pokemon Rescue, Combee, and Rescue Energy are to recover Gyarados in order to set up the turn after being knocked out in conjunction with BTS.

Last edited:
Lol. There is Uxie. The four Warp also helps when Luxray drags Regice active. They also make getting Dialga G X out easier. Warp can be a critical part of the deck, so it makes sense that it would be there as a four-of. Anyways, you should take out Smeargle for Rescue Energy number four. If this is the same deck that I player with yesterday, I think that fourth Rescue would be better than the Smeargle. I never used it. Anyways, the list is great.

no uxie?
4 warp energy is unnecessary when u pick up gyarados with seeker, will keep the energy in your hand.

Yeah, AJ got this one.

Lol. There is Uxie. The four Warp also helps when Luxray drags Regice active. They also make getting Dialga G X out easier. Warp can be a critical part of the deck, so it makes sense that it would be there as a four-of. Anyways, you should take out Smeargle for Rescue Energy number four. If this is the same deck that I player with yesterday, I think that fourth Rescue would be better than the Smeargle. I never used it. Anyways, the list is great.

I actually prefer 4/1 Sableye/Smeagle. I might bump it up to 4/2 Smeargle.

... Also, I don't have a fourth holo rescue so I don't want to run it.

I really don't think that Lost Remover is the right choice for Gyarados. The only matchup it's really going to help you with is DialgaChomp, and I feel that those slots are better used for cards like a single Judge, which works wonders in the SP matchup, and Pokemon Communication, which i would cut a VS Seeker to run 2 of. I've never had an issue with 3 warp, my opinion would be to drop one of your 4 for a Smeargle. Having a 4/1 split of Sableye/Smeargle drastically increases your chances of starting with one of your preferred starters, and the ability to have a Smeargle with an Unown Q to Portrait after each KO on your Gyarados or Warp Point (which you need at least one of IMO) is too good to pass up. Sableye is a better starter I think, which is why I recommend a 4/1 as opposed to 3/2 split.

Hope this helps.

Eh. I'm a big fan of Mesprit though. Powerlock wins games.
You wish you had that powerlock during our game back in Warwick xD!!

I have to say, I see a small flaw in the list. It might be the fact that I haven't gotten that much sleep lately, but you don't have a Smeargle in the list, though you talk about it in the strat. Probably just me...

Too many energy. Your taking away gdos's deck space advantage. Here's what I would do...

-2 warp energy
-2 pokemon rescue
-1 lost remover
-1 seeker

+1 lux ball
+1 warp point
+1 black belt
+2 pokemon communication
+1 smeargle

I really don't think that Lost Remover is the right choice for Gyarados. The only matchup it's really going to help you with is DialgaChomp, and I feel that those slots are better used for cards like a single Judge, which works wonders in the SP matchup, and Pokemon Communication, which i would cut a VS Seeker to run 2 of. I've never had an issue with 3 warp, my opinion would be to drop one of your 4 for a Smeargle. Having a 4/1 split of Sableye/Smeargle drastically increases your chances of starting with one of your preferred starters, and the ability to have a Smeargle with an Unown Q to Portrait after each KO on your Gyarados or Warp Point (which you need at least one of IMO) is too good to pass up. Sableye is a better starter I think, which is why I recommend a 4/1 as opposed to 3/2 split.

I would actually think lost remover would help the most in the mirror. Get rid of rescue right before the KO. So I would keep one, so that you have the option of using junk arm for it multiple times. Also, I like the idea of the judge (sort of). I recommend looker's, so that you get to keep your hand because oftentimes with a deck like gdos you may wait several turns, holding specific cards in your hand. You can't really just afford to take a risk like that all the time.

Too many energy. Your taking away gdos's deck space advantage. Here's what I would do...

-2 warp energy
-2 pokemon rescue
-1 lost remover
-1 seeker

+1 lux ball
+1 warp point
+1 black belt
+2 pokemon communication
+1 smeargle

I think this is good advice. But I would drop blackbelt for a 2nd Lux ball. I love T1 Luxball, Junk Arm, Luxball.

I might also consider: +1metal, +1 gain, + 1 Cyrus for defen lock if I was playing Dialga.

^ But you don't need 2 lux ball for lux + junk + lux. That doesn't really make sense. And ya kinda need blackbelt for the luxchomp matchup.

Sorry stupid question: i haven't played since '03 but i wanted to make a gyrados deck. When exactly does the season end?

thanks for the reply... and which sets/cards are they taking out next format... if you have a link it would be much appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back