Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

gyarados

flariados

I like gyarados from the new set and with upcoming space-tear stadium, I think he can be pretty good. Some combinations I thougt up were Leafeon lvx and Weavile with darkrai.

Lets discuss.

Gyarados G or MT?

I think MT will become VERY good. We get Rainbow back, we still have Cress, the only problem is Dialga G Lv.X makes the deck fail

Because currently you have to have a combo going for Gyarados MT to do anything for 1 energy.

You have to have Unown P, Cresselia lv X, or something like that in play so that he can use Carp's first attack. However with Rainbow energy you can just attach and go since Rainbow puts that 1 damage counter on him.

Togekiss is r\the only thing i see working with gyrados at this moment but u need it turn 2 with the amount of HP magikarp has sigh

I like to combo gyarados SF with weavile and darkrai, because if you have a gyarados with 2 water energies and 3 dark energies he hits for 130 and potentially a discard of a few energies attached to several pokemon.

Because currently you have to have a combo going for Gyarados MT to do anything for 1 energy.

You have to have Unown P, Cresselia lv X, or something like that in play so that he can use Carp's first attack. However with Rainbow energy you can just attach and go since Rainbow puts that 1 damage counter on him.

The problem is that t2 40 isn't good anymore. Why t240 when you can t2 60+, and not start with a 30hp basic.

Well obviously because he has 120 HP (good for a stage 1) and can do up to 140 damage with that same 1 energy. He's a nice spread deck counter and a good tech for grass decks. He's just an easy to use tech and rainbow makes it even more so.

For instance you could easily insert a 1-1 or 2-2 line into Scizor, sub out some grass energy for rainbow, and give those fire decks an evil suprise.

Well obviously because he has 120 HP (good for a stage 1) and can do up to 140 damage with that same 1 energy. He's a nice spread deck counter and a good tech for grass decks. He's just an easy to use tech and rainbow makes it even more so.

For instance you could easily insert a 1-1 or 2-2 line into Scizor, sub out some grass energy for rainbow, and give those fire decks an evil suprise.

Sableye just cant waite for thoes times you get a lone Magicarp start LOL it wont even mater if you have an evoluter in your hand as well. Sorry Magicarp just makes Gyrados unplayable. Last year in a CC one of the top players in our state teched in a 1-1 Gyrados into his G&G deck for Magmortar. He lost one game T2 because of a lone Magicarp start, you use 3 or 4 Magicarp you will get a lot more lone Magicarp starts in a tournement then that.

Back