Gym Leader Series Possibly Coming Back?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Pokekid, Nov 3, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

2. Dek

Dek New Member

I dont see why not. It would be a great idea to have the GYm franchise come back since WE didnt get any Johto stuff.

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

There's an Ash's Treeko as well and I'd guess a May's Torchic to complete the set.

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

That would be a correct guess PokePop.

It was a 3 card promo set in Japan (obviously)

5. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

meh, still it would be cool ^_^

6. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

NO IT WOULDN'T!!!! It would be so hard to use the Pokes you already have and they'd have to change the rules again too...

7. Baboon

Baboon New Member

I'd like it. :) Having varied card names allows for different things in decks, rather than maxing at 4 of something. Variation is something that the game needs occasionally, and this would be just of the right caliber. :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003
  8. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

That's true... But it would totally screw evo lines.

9. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

so big deal? Gym Leader 1 was really cool, and I think this game really could use some spice.

10. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

I want an erika's dragonite!

11. jesschow12

jesschow12 New Member

maybe the team magma and aqua have promos too

12. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

I think it would be a good idea to bring gym sets back. I was soooooo disipioted when expidition came insted of a gym set :mad:

13. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Lets just get the WotC sets out the way and the EX sets bedded down before we move onto anything else!

14. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

The Ash's Treecko, May's Torchic, and Brock's Mudkip have actually been out for a while in Japan, at this time they are not planned for a US release and there are no plans anywhere for a new VS. (or gym as you call it) set featuring the new Gym Leaders from Ruby and Sapphire.

15. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Mysterioustrainer, thats true, but another vs. set is being considered.

16. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

To my knowledge, there arent plans for ANY VS type set to be released in the US as of yet.

17. Turbo Blastoise

Turbo Blastoise New Member

Just because there isn't any VS set planned doesn't mean they might do something with the Hoenn Gym Leaders like they did in Gym 1 and 2. Besides, I agree with Baboon, this game needs some "spice" every now and then.

18. Carrington388

Carrington388 New Member

Hey, as long as a gym set isn't done like [cue crime drama music] VS., it's fine by me.

19. Flippin treeko

Flippin treeko New Member

Gym sets'd be cool, but 6mnths after dragons is needed for non-minted peeps to catch up

20. filinal

filinal New Member

i agree. a new gym leader set would really add something to the game. ive been waiting for one since the johto trainers came out. they could do one now with the leaders from the ruby & saphire gba game. i also agree the new set should come out six months after ex dragons as we will have caught up with japanese releases and it would allow players to gather teh money to catch up with the previous sets. it also allows for more time to enjoy teh cards and play the sets fully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.