Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hang on. 8 EXs in the next set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been known for a while. Articuno, Lugia, Cobalion, and Victini from Plasma Gale, and Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, Moltres, and Zapdos coming from the japanese starter decks (starter decks or something else, can't remember specifically), so 8 in total.

notice it also says 4 full art ex. I was under the impression it was only 6, Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Victini, and Cobalion.

---------- Post added 01/24/2013 at 11:52 AM ----------

I suppose it was just weird there were only 4 exs in plasma gale

notice it also says 4 full art ex. I was under the impression it was only 6, Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Victini, and Cobalion.

That's because only the Plasma Gale EXs have full art versions while the starter deck exs didn't (in japanese lf course, check out the card scans on pokebeach to see for yourself).

They should not have released the other 4 EX in our set if they are not going to have full art. They could have been tin promos or something. Still a bad move by them.

They should not have released the other 4 EX in our set if they are not going to have full art. They could have been tin promos or something. Still a bad move by them.

Maybe they should have just held the FA Supporters to even up the FA count.

Maybe they should have just held the FA Supporters to even up the FA count.

I just question what they are doing. They give us exclusive full art Zekrom and Reshiram, but not Zapdos and Moltres, they move our cards around just to make sale. We know they could have made them. I mean, we dont need another Black Kyurem and White Kyurem EX. Those 2 could have been tin promos. I'm really starting to dislike the BW series block because of all the poor choices they are making. If it were not for the full art Articuno, I would have no reason to buy this set. Make EVERYONE happy TPCi.

I just question what they are doing. They give us exclusive full art Zekrom and Reshiram, but not Zapdos and Moltres, they move our cards around just to make sale. We know they could have made them. I mean, we dont need another Black Kyurem and White Kyurem EX. Those 2 could have been tin promos. I'm really starting to dislike the BW series block because of all the poor choices they are making. If it were not for the full art Articuno, I would have no reason to buy this set. Make EVERYONE happy TPCi.

I agree entirely. FA's were a fantastic move by the company, a way to drive sales, both primary and secondary for rare cards that aren't the sole incarnation of these cards. It is a great marketing thing, allowing players to "upgrade" if they wish, or go for the bare bones with a deck. Why would they suddenly release a set where HALF the EXs do not have the counterpart we've all grown to know and love?

Even if they never make a Japanese equivalent:
1. The cards are 1000% easier for them to get anyway
2. They get soooo many exclusive cards, some like the "Mystery Gems" of the D/P days that really affect the competitive scene. What's wrong with just giving us exclusive art?
3. If they really wanted to avoid giving us 4 English exclusive,t hey could've just given us Tin Promo exclusive Kyurem Exs and saved the last set's FA Skyla, or pushed FA Darkrai/Giritina/Ghetsis or Juniper and just given us FA Birds.

But i don't know. I don't understand why they started breaking up obviously related Pokemon duos/trios/etc, why they give us multiple Kyurem exs and Tornadus-Exs before they give us some Pokemon's first EX incarnates, or why they've been messing with the cards they release over here so much more than usual with the BLW block. I'm hoping X and Y aren't this much of a wreck.

I agree entirely. FA's were a fantastic move by the company, a way to drive sales, both primary and secondary for rare cards that aren't the sole incarnation of these cards. It is a great marketing thing, allowing players to "upgrade" if they wish, or go for the bare bones with a deck. Why would they suddenly release a set where HALF the EXs do not have the counterpart we've all grown to know and love?

Even if they never make a Japanese equivalent:
1. The cards are 1000% easier for them to get anyway
2. They get soooo many exclusive cards, some like the "Mystery Gems" of the D/P days that really affect the competitive scene. What's wrong with just giving us exclusive art?
3. If they really wanted to avoid giving us 4 English exclusive,t hey could've just given us Tin Promo exclusive Kyurem Exs and saved the last set's FA Skyla, or pushed FA Darkrai/Giritina/Ghetsis or Juniper and just given us FA Birds.

But i don't know. I don't understand why they started breaking up obviously related Pokemon duos/trios/etc, why they give us multiple Kyurem exs and Tornadus-Exs before they give us some Pokemon's first EX incarnates, or why they've been messing with the cards they release over here so much more than usual with the BLW block. I'm hoping X and Y aren't this much of a wreck.

Thats the only reason I'm upset about this. I was really looking forward to a full art zapdos and moltres ex. I still dont like how they pitched "8 ex pokemon but only of them will be full art". its like they were saying "we know their are 8 EX Pokemon in the set but we are only giving you 4 full arts because we have no intention on making the others full art. just give us your money."

They would have to pay the illustrators to make new artwork, which is something that the English TCG department might not have the funds to do. They can't just come up with artwork out of no where, (unless you really wanted to see a Ken Sugimori Full Art). And I'm sure that the illustrators charge a lot more for a Full Art print than they do for a normal art card in the set, like zebstrika or Charmander.

They would have to pay the illustrators to make new artwork, which is something that the English TCG department might not have the funds to do. They can't just come up with artwork out of no where, (unless you really wanted to see a Ken Sugimori Full Art). And I'm sure that the illustrators charge a lot more for a Full Art print than they do for a normal art card in the set, like zebstrika or Charmander.

They hired someone to redo Magmortar's artwork and have given us 2 FA exclusives already. They can redistribute these exs or give us FA versions.

I will do the artwork for a full art zapdos and moltres ex for free if it means we can get them.

They hired someone to redo Magmortar's artwork and have given us 2 FA exclusives already. They can redistribute these exs or give us FA versions.

They hired the same illustrator to do the redraw of magmortar, which was a different situation because of how some people might have considered the original offensive. A redraw would have been cheaper than a lawsuit in this regards. Also. Concerning the 'exclusive' Reshiram-EX and Zekrom-EX full arts, they were released in Japan something like a month later. TPCi didn't have to pay 5ban Graphics to create the full arts, they just happened to release the prints that were already created for Japan earlier than Japan had originally planned to.

They hired the same illustrator to do the redraw of magmortar, which was a different situation because of how some people might have considered the original offensive. A redraw would have been cheaper than a lawsuit in this regards. Also. Concerning the 'exclusive' Reshiram-EX and Zekrom-EX full arts, they were released in Japan something like a month later. TPCi didn't have to pay 5ban Graphics to create the full arts, they just happened to release the prints that were already created for Japan earlier than Japan had originally planned to.

lest we forget the original images we saw of the FA Reshiram EX and Zekrom EX were, in fact, Japanese.

Most alternate artwork we get is also released in Japan, if not immediately, then not too far off in the future, and full arts are no exception. Considering that Japan is not only releasing another set soon, but that it will likely be the last before X and Y, they probably have no intention of reprinting current cards, and are preparing for its release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back