Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hanging huge toploaders

crazypokemon

Ok this is a question for my usual collection.
I need to hang some 30x40 toploaders but not sure how to hang them on the wall and BCW is really not helpful with suggestions. They suggested tape (does not work)

Someone on ebay suggested this to me

"mirror channel, also called "J" channel? It seems like that would work well with the top loaders"

Anyone know for sure that this channel will work?

a mirror channel might work if you lean it at an angle to keep it up...if you want a cheaper way to do it is... Packaging tape on a thick string (small tight rope) onto the toploader and then hang it onto a nail.

How would i do that? You do realize there is nothing to hang the toploader on.

Its not like a frame where theres a hook.

And anything involving tape wont work because my walls dont like tape.

Tape does not stick on the wall right, anytime i try tape it rips the wall.

He meant put a nail on the wall then tie a string to the nail then tape the string to the back of the top loader or at least thats what I think he said

The only thing that comes to mind is...
Could you screw it into the wall?

Either on the toploader itself? (If there is any excess in the toploader's plastic)

Or...

Create a shelf, with a lip then tilt it on an angle?
You then can later screw in little teethe per-se to keep it from falling over?
Like you don't need to cover the top with another shelf... but just 2 L shaped brackets to keep it from falling off?

The L shaped brackets are called the 1"brackets.

I inquired about that but heres the thing.
The toploader is very thin and very flimsy.

it cant stand up on its own.

theres no support and with 1 inch in space it will flop out of it.

This is why i was recommended the "J" channel.

The 1" brackets are good for heavy/thick items.

I used this for the giant sneasel card.

2 " L shaped brackets aka 2 1" by 1" brackets facing each other to make a 3 sided box/square.

And screw it into the wall with screw anchors.

Put electrical tape around the metal pieces to protect the card.

It works fine for the sneasel. its been on the wall for 2-3 years now and shows no strain on the card, nor does it look like it will fall off the wall.

However with a flimsy toplader all ti has to do is this

______
)
_____

bend outwards like a beer belly for the toploader to fall out if i used the 1" brackets.

I never tried the J channel before.

I would like to know if that will work. If it does successfully then i can hang my top loaders not only on the wall but also flat on the ceiling.

So far i have over a dozen spaces for sheets on the wall, if i can also am able to have them on the ceiling without damage to the items i can have about another dozen on the ceiling.

He meant put a nail on the wall then tie a string to the nail then tape the string to the back of the top loader or at least thats what I think he said

Yeah, that's what I meant...use packaging tape..it's much stronger. The nail would go on the wall and the tape would go on the toploader. If you don't care about the big toploader...you can also super glue a regular toploader on the back of the big toploader and screw the small toploader onto the wall.

if i had the frame i wouldent need the toploader now would I?

toploaders are inexpensive frames cost alost more and more difficult to find 30x40.

Most sheets are 27x40 but i have a few sheets 30x40 and much easier to get bigger toploaders as in all 30x40 than to custom order x amount 30x40 with x amount 27x40

I mean put it in the toploader in the frame...
You could make a custom frame if you needed to with a few inexpensive pieces of pine?

Pine may be a breeding place for bugs and i don't want that.

I'm heading to the hardware store now to see if they have it.

Sometimes i forget ebay is not the only place in the world to get what i want.
I been thinking i can get it from this one seller for the "j" channel.

Forgot to even think of the hardware store.

wish me luck.
if it works I just helped out Rusty as well because he too has been wondering about this.

Back