Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hariyama R&S

Duskull master

Hariyama R&S's first attack
Super Slap Push.........Does 20 damage to each Defending Pokemon

I think this card was reviewed in Pojo.com and somebody understood that this attack does 20 damage including your own. Japanese Hariyama card says does 20 damage to each of opponent's defending pokemon( regarding 2 vs 2 battle) and not including your own. :thumb:
Can't wait to play 2vs 2 battle.

Last edited:
"each Defending Pokémon" refers to your opponent's Active Pokémon, one if they have one and two if they have two. Your Attacking Active is not a Defending Pokémon, the Pokémon on the receiving end of the attack is the Defending.

Indeed. I believe Numel has a move which burns "both defending Pokemon", also. This can be a tricky thing to understand in 1-on-1 battles. Perhaps it isnt explained very well.

It's not that hard for me to understand. If a card references "both Defending Pokemon," and you're in the usual 1-on-1, just replace "both" with "the".

Yeah but you try explaining it to a ten year old who thinks an energy card is something you're meant to throw away.

Well, I was standing outside GAME (the British equivalent of Electronics Boutique) and a kid had about ten R/S booster packs (god knows where he got £25 from!), and every energy card went onto the floor. Needless to say I swiped them all, particularly the shiny Darkness energy XD Nice little freebie!

Oh, and he had two Electabuzz exs so he GAVE me one. Which was nice.

Back