Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

have stores in your area quit having tournaments

modis

well i live about 20 minutes from most stores that are located in toledo,ohio.they just quit having tournaments about a year or two ago. i don't know why i guess people just stopped showing up.one time i called a store and they said only games we have here for tournaments are magic and yu-gi-oh, man that made me mad. they said pokemon died out there. most stores don't realize that pokemon starting to make a come back. most game stores in my area don't even sell pokemon they sell yu-gi-oh and magic. grrrr!that irritates me. i went to one small store once 5 years ago to look at pokemon. they were a rip off and the guy working there was jerk and had no patiences for kids. but i remember 50 people in that small store at one time. what ever happen to those days. anybody have a clue LOL.

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear about Pokemon touranments not being run in your area!

Let me provide a couple of alternatives!

You still have Tecumseh, Rich does a good job with his leagues and monthly tournaments!
http://www.cardleagues.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=522

If you ever feel like venturing a little north into Michigan, come to the Poke Shack in Rochester Hills. We play almost every Saturday, leagues and modified tournaments!
:pokeball: :)

Sands said:
I am sorry to hear about Pokemon touranments not being run in your area!

Let me provide a couple of alternatives!

You still have Tecumseh, Rich does a good job with his leagues and monthly tournaments!
http://www.cardleagues.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=522

If you ever feel like venturing a little north into Michigan, come to the Poke Shack in Rochester Hills. We play almost every Saturday, leagues and modified tournaments!
:pokeball: :)

yeah tecumseh is the only place i go to play pokemon, its 15-20 minutes from my house. its great there but only one older player shows up and thats bruce, bruce and rich are really cool and nice guys. i appreciate playing pokemon with them. they also put up a good fight.

modis said:
yeah tecumseh is the only place i go to play pokemon, its 15-20 minutes from my house. its great there but only one older player shows up and thats bruce, bruce and rich are really cool and nice guys. i appreciate playing pokemon with them. they also put up a good fight.
also it would be pretty cool. if they ran weekly modified tournaments at the scout cabin,that would be awesome, you know instead of the league or make it a league and tournament combined. i would even throw in a couple holos to help with prize support. thats if i had any extra foils to give away. so if your reading rich, could you possibly considered it. if not thats ok to.

Well, there are some player base areas that prefer leagues over tournaments, or tournaments over leagues. The player base I'm working with at Game Matrix prefers league play over tournaments most of the time, so I've stopped sanctioning all that many tournaments there, maybe stick to one a month, or maybe one every season, and give them more time for league play.

Back