Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Haven't played in a while (Fire/Water Deck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flare Starfire

Hey guys.
You might know me better as Charwolf, but whichever =) I've not played Pokemon since the Dragons prerelease tournament. I was able to build a deck, but I've not had anyone to test against at all ever since then. So, I'm putting it up here, and seeing what you guys think. I don't have a lot of money, and my cards are limited, so try not to suggest anything too hard to get. Thanks =)
PS: I've always been a fan player, and as such, I always play arcanine in some way shape or form- I was able to win the last Milford Battlezone with my arcanine deck, too! ^_^

Salamence?

Pokemon:
2 Dunsparce (Strike/Run)
4 Bagon (Dragon Eye)
3 Shelgon (Rolling Attack)
2 Salamence (Dragon Wind)
2 Salamence (Intimidating Fang)
3 Horsea (Paralyzing Gaze)
2 Seadra (Agility)
4 Growlithe (Fire Veil)
3 Arcanine (Fire Veil)

Trainers:
3 Switch
4 Copycat
4 Juggler
2 Oaks Research
2 Rare Candy

Energy:
10 Fire
10 Water

A few things to say: I'd really like to ditch a juggler for an Oaks Research. I'm wondering where to put in more energy, because usually I'm always energy screwed or pokemon screwed, no matter how much draw I put in the deck. (I usually try to have 12 draw cards, just to make things move.) I have two of those draw card delcattys....I was thinking about dumping the seadra line and putting them in, because I've heard rumblings that electric is on the rise, and while bagon has no weakness, and I'm always scared of water anyhow, I don't see many fighting decks on display from what little I can see on the web. The mightyena that has shakedown looks wicked cool, too, and I think it has resist to psychic (Gardevoir is psy type, right?) Wish I had 3 poochyenas to go with the 2 Shakedown Mightyenas I have. >< The hand destruction is very nice >< Would that be a good defensive switch, the mightyena line for the seadra line? But then i'd have to find a place to put 4 dark energy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!
Fire Pokemon Forever!
Flare

HYPER EEVEE said:
Sorry but this deck is no good
needs a solid strategy
It's a fan deck. It's just supposed to get out there and do some damage, and if it wins games, huzzah for it. I already know its bad and needs improving, thats why I posted it...

At any rate, Salamence is to be the main attacker, since 2 versions don't have any weakness, and the other two have standard weak to colorless, but have a free GOW every turn. The entire line can get out fairly quickly with enough draw in the deck, and it's just a matter of picking targets. The support is what I'm having trouble with. I don't live in a super high tough environment, and I'm not looking for a cutthroat deck. Just an above average one thats fun to play, is all.

Can anyone help? Ideas? Strategy possibilities?

Interesting idea, drop Seadra for Cacturn. Its Grass, but runs off of Colorless energy.... Its body combos well with Arcinine/Growlithe too. Strike and Run is that much more fun, allowing you to send up Cacnea or Growlithe to be attacked.

Try this.....
-3 Horsea
-2 Seadra
-1 Growlithe
+3 Cacnea (Light Punch)
+3 Cacturn

Trainer/Energy could use some work, but I'll get back to it later....

Hmm....I think I have the Cacneas, but no Cacturns.....I'll see what I can trade for. Thats the one that autopoisions, right? Hmmm....

Ok, deck update. It's like....completely changed, but in a way, not really. I read that entire huge post on "BAR", (which took me a bit to figure out it meant Blaziken to Amphy to Rayquaza, how the energy flows) and it gave me some ideas, and a bit of insight. I saw my one Rayquaza sitting from the tournament, and it occured to me: Ray makes a great back up, and has resistance to my main enemy, water! Sounds good.

So!

Arcanine meets Rayquaza, take one:

4 Dunsparce (Strike/Run)
2 Skitty (Energy Catch/50 HP)
2 Delcatty (Energy Draw)
4 Growlithe (Fire Veil)
3 Arcanine (Fire Veil)
4 Bagon (Dragon Eye)
2 Shelgon (Scrunch)
2 Salamence (Intimidating Fang)
2 Salamance (Dragon Wind)
2 Rayquaza

3 Rare Candy
2 TV Reporter (Got them both today! ^_^)
1 Juggler (Its draw, and if I have to start out with a Ray, it allows for Spiral growth.)
3 Oracle (Found 2 today! ^_^)
4 Professor Oak's Research (Found 2 today ^_^)

8 Fire Energy
8 Water Energy
4 Electric Energy

Strategy:
Still getting out there and doing damage...but this time, it looks like BAR is going to be up in the top ranks. I want to be able to use Ray's weakness against it with one of the salamences...sure, he'll die to the next ray, but I'll get two prizes to their one...and besides, Ray isn't the weak link in that deck, anyhow. Very replaceable.

*hmmms* At any rate, with 4 sparces now, I should draw one, or be able to draw into one with any one of the trainers I've got. (With my luck, I'll end up with a skitty, electric energy, and a few rare candies as an opening hand. XD) 16 basics means that I shouldn't have to worry too much about starting empty handed. And with everyone expecting a salamence deck to play fire water, the board might tip in my favor when a ray suddenly drops in. If anything, I'd rather draw into it and keep the element of suprise as long as I can, rather than sparce him into play. Skitty doesn't make much of a backup...but arcanine can take a couple hits, and put a burn on them. I think it should do fairly well, as while they're rushing to put up a ray and a blaziken/amphy to support it, I'll be using the same trainer base to strive for a decent counter.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
And remember, I'm card-poor, and I'm going to have to find someone to trade me a second ray for the proxy I'm using. *laughs*

Salamence?

Pokemon: 18
2 Dunsparce (SS)
4 Bagon (Uncommon)
2 Shelgon (Rare)
3 Salamence (Dragon Wind)
1 Salamence (Intimidating Fang)
3 Corphish (Auto Poison)
3 Crawdaunt (Either)
2 Marril (Error)/Dunsparce (SS)

Trainers: 24
3 Switch
4 POR
3 Potion/Oran/Moo-Moo
3 Rare Candy
3 Oracle
1 Town Volunteers
3 PETM
2 HPS
2 Birch

Energy: 18
9 Water
9 Fire

That's How I'd play the deck. Hope I helped :thumb:
-SwampertEX

COuld you explain how it would work, roughly? Unfortunatly, I don't have a third dragon wind salamence...and no crawdaunts...I don't think I have the marrils, either. Aren't those pokemon all weak against lightning, though? Theres going to be a lot of that running around, right?...possible bad matchups...hmm... That, and I'm still a fan arcanine player =) Always have been, always will be.

But I would like the strategy, and perhaps I can gain some insight into how salamence decks work, and work with the cards that I do have ^_^

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Flare

Ok...for anyone even still keep track, thanks...heres what happened at league- got to test it against an amphy magneton deck and a cacturne/aerodactyl deck. Got majorly hosed on all counts, in all games. My deck tripped itself enough, but I just couldn't even come close to doing the 160 (Pressure gym) to get past that Amphy Ex! It's back to the drawing board, and now that I know that the metagames going to be amphy heavy (at least one BAR deck, and either of the decks mentioned above) means I have to do something about electric pokemon!

I was looking at grass weak fighting pokemon....cause cacturn and the like with feint attacks won't be able to cause weakness damage (thankfully) and some of them even come with resistance to lightning as a bonus. =) I'm kinda shy to try the psy weak fighters, cause gardy is still looming on the horizon ><

I bought a box of sandstorm, and didn't pull a single cacturn or zangoose....only 5 ex cards. What miserable luck that was! At least I've got a handful of wobbs, I might put in one for dunsparce to search for to fend off rayquaza attacks....

Any suggestions for good alternate methods for dealing with the metagame? I'm poring over my binder again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back