Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Having your Birthday on a CC, which agegroup

Rainbowgym

Does anyone know how to act if someone is having his/her birthday on the day of an Event.
More as if the person becomes 11 or 15 that day.

Are you allowed to choose which agegroup you will play.

personally....i would place them in the higher age group because according to "tradition", you are now that age (i.e. 11 or 15). but that is just my opinion.

I agree; they ARE that age as of that date, so they'd need to compete in their actual age group.

A related question, which came up at my CC: I was asked if there was any provision for a developmentally delayed child to 'play down' an age group (from 11-14 to -10).

As far as I know, there has never been such a provision either under DCI or POP...so I told the adult that it would not be possible to do that; IMHO it would turn into an enforcement nightmare for the judges and TOs.

Has anyone else had this come up?

'mom

some thing that i think would affect which age group the person is put in would be the TIME of birth. for example, i was born at 11:56 P.M. if my birthday was the day of the tourney and i was 14, if the tourney was before that time, i would still technically be 14, and should be put in the 11-14 group. if i was born at 5:24 A.M., on the tourney date, i would be in the 15-up group.

just thought i would point this out. but many people would probably not know their time of birth, unless they remember what's on their birth certificate. and the judges would also have to believe you

When I talked to PUI on Friday, they said you play in the age group for your age. So if you are 14, win a City Championship. Turn 15, then go to a State Championship. You are now in the 15+ age group

Yes but this situation is a very difficult one

On 1 May there is that CC only for agegroup 11-14
On 2 May there is on that same location the CC for 10- and 15+

The kid I'm talking about is yes having his birthday on May 1st and becomes 15 that day.
So I suggested play both, double change for you.
In the past you had the choice on your birthday.

"In the past you had the choice on your birthday."

Whose rule is that? The venue's? A company?

In any case, as far as I know, the rule is whatever your age is on that day, that's where you play.

On May 1st he is 15?Then he cannot play in the 11-14 that day.No confusion on that.Now,if he was to turn 15 on May 2nd,then legally he could play in that 11-14 on the 1st and the 15+ on the 2nd.

`Sensei

The choice of which agegroup you wanted to play in came in the past from the National Distributor, and they are in charge overhere.

If it was me id place him in the 15+ division because he is 15 on the day he plays. Even if he wins the 11-14 city championship for his state being 15 means he is upgraded to the 15+ division. Thats my opinion on it. :pokeball:

If the distributor is using the correct software, they have to put in the player's birthdate. The software then calculates age. If they're chaning birthdates of enterants, then there's a bigger problem on PUI's hands. They'll know about it too. The software reports birthdays up.

A tournament is run on 1/1/00. Player A's birthday is 1/1/85. The software does the math and places them in 15+.

??

In TMS I only can put in the age not the date of birth, did I missed a version?
Or do I mis something else.
There is no fooling around with dates or anything, this was a question that appeared.

It's the current version that's available to PTOs that requires birthdates. The version that's available to the general public does not.

Even if you use the old software,you`re 14 the day before your bday then you are put in as 14.If you are 15 the next day,and you play that day,then you put in 15 as the age and you play in the 15+.I don`t see how someone can give a "choice".The rules are simple and straightforward.

`Sensei

Í have to agree with everyone on this, play as the age is.

On a different note, what if the aforementioned person would've been born on the2nd of May?
My guess is he should be able to play in both events (don't even start about the fact that we have a CC split into two different sanctioned tournaments)

SD Pokémom: I believer there was a slightly autistical child at the 2003 Antwerp SC, but he didn't recieve any special treatment. But perhaps we should pass this one to the authorities at hand, as it might come up more.

Fortunatly, I am turning 14 on the 24th of April. Not 15. Otherwise, I'd have to play in 15+ division at States instead of 11-14. Thank God for making me be born in 1990!

ABout being PTO, I don't know, there are to much strange things going on overhere.
I can get into the TO thing, meaby I will try to upload TMS again.

This question was not mine but someone who is in that situation, remember things are different overhere and everytime I do complain about it to PUI of the distributor I'm punished.
Overhere you can do whatever you like if the distributor likes you.

Back