Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Haxorus for city championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite_4_Allen

When I first looked at Haxorus, I completely overlooked it. I just saw that it was a stage 2 with two retreat cost, so I tossed it aside. I've been looking at it now, and I've found that it has a lot of things going well for it. First, is that it has 150 HP, which is pretty big, even in this format. Second, is that it has no weakeness, which means it can do well against pretty much any deck in format (besides things that can knock it out in one hit, like Magnezon). Third is that it can do 120 damage for 3 colorless energy, meaning that it can easily abuse DCE (double colorless energy). And the last, probably most important reason I am playing Haxorus, is that it can abuse Nintales. Ninetales is a card much like Claydol that lets you draw three cards by discarding a fire energy from your hand. Since Haxorus requires only colorless enrgy to perform all of its attacks, it can use Nintales' draw power to make it a consistent deck.

So here is the list that I came up with:

Pokemon:
4-3-4 Haxorus
2-2 Ninetales CL
1 Druddigon
1 Cleffa
2-2 Dodrio
1 Tyrogue
1-1 Zoroark

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Plus Power
4 Rare Candy
3 Junk Arm
1 Super Rod
3 N
1 Judge
1 Professor Oak's New Theory

Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
8 Fire Energy

Strategy:
The aim of the deck is to get a Haxorus out as quickly as possible and be able to get out multiple Haxorus throughout the game, and sweep the opponent's field.

What to you guys think?

Well this make's two of use who's going to run haxours at city's. Well this deck dosent have good draw power if you dont have nintales out i find that kinda bad and you cant get the energy cards out of your discard pile besides if you get super rod.

So i would take all of the nine tales stuff and put three pont and one professor juniper. And take out one haxours and put in one proffesor juniper. And i would take out four fire and put in four resuce energy in.

I'm thinking about trying this deck with Lightning energies and Eelektrik. I'm also thinking about using Pachi/Shaymin with it. I'm speculating playing 4 switch in the deck that way you can "dragon dance" with only one Haxorus and not have to worry about having the second one.

Hope this helps.

First it has 140 HP.

Second, it only hits for 120, so don't expect to OHKO stuff with Eviolite out.

Third, you can't use Eviolite.

Fourth, you can't even use it's good attack twice in a row.

Fifth, this has no acceleration to speak of, so you have to manually attach all energy.

I could go on. Don't expect this to win, but it could be pretty fun since Haxorus is a boss.

I think the best way to play this is with Elektrik and a Magnezone line for additional draw power, something like this:

4-2-3/4 Haxorus
3-1-2 Magnezone
3-2/3 Elektrik

Last edited:
Yeah, Darkmot is right, Eelektrik is amazing with this card.

---------- Post added 11/15/2011 at 09:30 PM ----------

Also, you could use a high hand refresh supporter count (4 Juniper, 2 N, 3 Sage, 4 Oak) with 2-3 poke gear for a draw engine if you don;t want to go with Zone. Although, as Darkmot has said in other posts, Zone REALLY helps balance out a late game N from the opponent

Grif you need to think before you type stuff down. You can use pokemon catcher with this card so you can pretty much one shot any thing. You can attach rocky helmet instead of evolite on to haxours. You can use its second attack again if you play switch. And a lot of cards have no energy acleration but you can do pachirsue and shaymin this deck but i would rather have dce's in here.

you already play dodrio so why not try out chandulure?

example. magic number is 150 atm (dragon with eviolite) you retreat to a chandulure put 3 on dragon switch to haxorus which resets haxorus due to him hitting the bench then you swing into a dragon for ko. :)

you already play dodrio so why not try out chandulure?

example. magic number is 150 atm (dragon with eviolite) you retreat to a chandulure put 3 on dragon switch to haxorus which resets haxorus due to him hitting the bench then you swing into a dragon for ko. :)

Can you retreat and switch a poke on the same turn? I thought it was only one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back