Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Header's 2nd place in Memphis

headers_squirtle

hey its heather - we traveled 6 hours to memphis with no a/c. but i wasn't going to let that stop
us from going. we arrived about 7 on friday night and just relaxed.

we wake up around 8 and get ready to leave for the tourney. we get there early so we go over to
target and get some snacks. we return do our deck lists and turn them in. now the tourney begins.

round 1-pyschic/grass
i start with a grimer and she starts with a spoink. i thinks its game over, but then i draw into a sparce
and strike and run. once i get set up i drew all 6 prizes.
1-0

round 2-shiftry
this game i start with a sparce and strike and run and then switch to dratini. my opponent also starts
with sparce and instead of SAR, he tries to paralyze me. but then i evolve into d.dragonair and evolutionary light. and again he tries to paralyze me and it fails. so i evelove and knock out his only
pokemon.
2-0

round 3-pyschic
this round i played my mom. we had a close game, but i won
3-0

round 4-metagross ex (Carlos)
this game i start with a sparce and can't get set up. then he pulls out a registeel ex and from there i
can't make a comeback.
3-1

round 5-blaze (Alan)
i don't get a great start with this game and there is nothing i can do, and i know i have to win this game to get into top 4.and i end up losing this game.
3-2

top 4-
i didnt think i made top 4 but then people are saying that only one 3-2 will make top and resistance is high enough that i make the cut.
Me vs Carlos
Alan vs Chris (his brother)

round 1-Carlos-Metagross
i think i started with a sparce this game and got decent set up, but then he got registeel again and his metagros ex and i couldn't come back.
0-1

round 2-
this game i get a good start and his was just as good. we were going prize for prize and then i was able to warp him out and win the game.
1-1

we were both shuffling our decks and then time was called and we had to play asudden death 1 prize game.

round 3-
this game i start with a grimer and he goes first with a sparce, but to my luck he didnt have any energy. i decide to taunt up his ralts. i taunt up ralts a few times forcing him to use his energies to retreat and save ralts and then he ventually gets a metagross ex, and i think its over but he didnt have the energy. i think i warped and was able to take my one prize.
2-1

top 2-
alan and i both told each other early in the week, see you in the finals in memphis. well we kept our word to each other and here we go
this game i started with a sparce but NO energy. i finally get an energy and he is able to knock out my sneasel. from there i couldn't come back, but i got down to 2 prizes.
0-1

round 2-
this game i just get a bad start and i only draw one prize. maybe next time.
0-2

so I've got maybe 2 more tries before nationals

props-
tie breaker % not keeping alan out of top cut
alan getting his trip :clap:
gettin to see friends
players who had a trip who dropped to play in a draft

slops-
6 hour drive with no a/c
not gettin my trip
mom not making top cut

way to go heather u got higher than me i couldnt even touch the top4 cut. Maybe you'll do better this weekend

Last edited:
JohnnyBlaze said:
Wow Heather - Great job. I guess it was worth it with no A/C. What deck beat you in the Top 2?
Blaziken. :)

Congrats though Heather, you played well. I'm sure you'll get your trip soon. :thumb:

u dont want any taco trust me :biggrin:
well heather,u got to the dance,just next time bust a move so u dont finish in 2nd again,im countin on ya :thumb:

Heather- you knew 15+ was going to be a beast but that hasn't kept you from showing them you Shine. :clap:

We are always proud of you regardless of where you place. Keep fighting your way to the top.

Very Good Job Header....I also placed 2nd ( Dallas Gym )....so we both had productive days.....

Nice Job

Last edited:
Good job Heather! You have done great breaking into 15+. You will do great this weekend. Stay focused, and have fun!

Hey Heather, it's me, Austin Cook. I hope you win next weekend because I hope to see you at World's I hope to win this weekend too. I want to see how we do in the tourneys this year and compare it to last year since we moved up.

Last edited:
Hey Heather its Colin! Great Job, 2nd is really good ^_^ Can't wait to see you and ur family at Nats! Also you need to get ur skinny self on AIM! My sn is soforlorn1717 btw so dont be freaked when u see me im u ;P Lol i'll ttyl babe

~Colin

Back