Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Healix for Battle Roads-Not HS-On, but please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garchomp#140

I want to play Healix for Battle Roads, but I don't know how to counter Emboar/Reshiram. Any help would be appreciated, because this is a BASIC list. Thanks!!

Pokemon; 18

3 Onix UL 57/95 (Without Poke-BODY)
3 Steelix Prime UL 87/95
2 Chansey PL
2 Blissey PL
2 Uxie LA
4 Sableye SF
1 Unown Q MD
1 Skunktank G PL

T/S/S: 28

1 Luxury Ball
2 Conductive Quarry
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Bebe's Search
4 Moo Moo Milk
2 Pluspower
3 Judge
2 Expert Belt
2 Black Belt
1 Twins
4 Junk Arm
1 VS Seeker

Energy: 13

4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Special Metal
3 Basic Metal
2 Call Energy

Strategy:

Use Steelix with Blissey and Moo Moo Milk's Healing Abilities to keep a single fully-charged Steelix from dying. Pretty much, JUST TANK.
Tanks!!!! (Pun Intended)

Last edited:
Not very big, but Reshiram/Emboar is HUGE. There are probably 5 people in my league alone in my division that play it. It 1-Shots me every time! I'm thinking of maybe playing Bubble Coat?

-1 Skuntank
Run Blissey PT, it is a great counter to many things, especially Garchomp C.
Take out conductive quarry for RoA, way better and doesn't help Zekrom.

The supporter line could be a bit better, but its not horrible.

As for Reshiram, run Black Belts for higher damage, paired with Judge, you should be able to keep their hand pretty small and limit their ability to hit the energy they need. If you can hit them with 30 with Steelix before being KO'ed, then revenge KO with an expert belt/ black belt and a plus power (or 2) with Blissey using return or a black belt/expert belt on Chansey and a DCE. Sounds hard to set up, but run twins and it will help. Also, don't forget, using Return after a Judge is awesome sauce...really disrupts your opponent and lets you keep a good hand....for the above mentioned reasons, Junk Arm and Vs Seeker is money.

Just remember your base damage + Black Belt:

Steelix: 1 energy (dce) + B.Belt = 70 + Poison = 80...so, you need to get 50 more damage somehow. So, your ideal set up would be to hit Steelix ASAP and start Energy Streaming to get as much damage as you can before they power up. Once they are set up, you should have enough damage on them to revenge KO with either Steelix, blissey, or Chansey...also, don't forget about Uxie...uxie can do 80 with a black belt and an expert belt and can get the E. Belt out of play so you don't risk losing two prizes....so, with poison, that's 90, meaning you should be able to set up. So, a good set up would be this: energy stream with a Plus Power for 40, get KO'ed. Revenge KO with Uxie....rinse, lather, repeat. Remember, they will almost always get the revenge KO, so don't worry about setting that up, worry about your energy. Only have a DCE? You need to attack with Chansey to get the KO with Poison Structure, but don't worry about poisoning yourself, they are going to KO you anyway. Even if you can't get the KO, you can place 40 to set it up next turn. It should be a fairly even prize exchange while you constantly give them bad hands off of judge. Speaking of which, 4 Judge, Vs Seeker, and Junk Arm are amazing. I know, I know, a lot of theorymon...just try it....

Also, remember, this comes down to if you can damage Reshi first. If they KO a Steelix but don't have any damage on them, this quickly becomes an uphill battle. And, of course, a few reversals for Emboar kills their engine...

Don't worry about Blaziken, Belt/Belt/Return makes this matchup favor you pretty good.

At the end of the day, you just have to face that it is a horrible match up, but it is winnable....

I play Blissey PL (that's the symbol), and why Ruins Of Alph? That doesn't help me very much.... What changes would you make? You suggest a lot of things, but I'm not sure what to take out. (Besides the Skuntank G).

I play Blissey PL (that's the symbol), and why Ruins Of Alph? That doesn't help me very much.... What changes would you make? You suggest a lot of things, but I'm not sure what to take out. (Besides the Skuntank G).

Sorry, I meant Chansey PT.

As far as changes...well...that's tough. I don't really like Engineer's. I've found that I can generally discard energy pretty easy with either Blissey, retreating, being KO'ed...or, in my deck, with Volkner and Junk Arm. I also think that Judge is a must (which you have) but if you play Judge, Volkner is awesome since Judge drops your hand and Volkner can refresh it and let you get more cards than Engineer and isn't limited by having to be an energy...which helps under trainer lock and discarding unneeded cards late game, like Collectors and Sableye. I didn't play collector, so that accounts for a few spaces I'm not used to. However, I think you can drop the Engineer's/Volkner all together with Collectors and 2 Uxie.I think you can live without unown Q and....and, Uxie can be cut to 1 if you are just 1 card shy (I know, sounds horrible, but you run enough supporters and Blissey lets you draw). I hate to make specific suggestions, but I can make the generalizations comfortably:

3 Bebe's and 3 Communications seems a bit overkill. 2 Bebe's, 1 Luxury Ball, Vs Seeker, and 2 Junk Arm (more if you can squeeze them in) make more sense since it will let you be more flexible.
I can see a case for 4 Plus Powers...but, remember, they are reuseable with Junk Arm...I ran 3 JA and 2 PP.
Junk Arm makes you VERY flexible, allowing you to reuse Vs Seeker, Milks, and Plus Powers but not having to overload all of them.

Lol, well, I'm tired and its late and I'm not making near as much sense as I would like, so I'm gonna hit the hay for the night. But, if you still feel I wasn't helpful enough, tomorrow, I'll try and give you a better idea of what I would do...mind you, it is what I would do, so take it for what its worth.

UPDATED-I added the Chansey PL to the list. Also, added the fixes you suggest in what I think should be removed.

Last edited:
I have actually tried Lanturn before this deck had any healing cards like Moo Moo Milk. It was OK, but I like this one better.

I've seen you say that on so many different decks.
It doesn't help, it's not even that good a card, requiring 3 energies to attack too.

Bad player is a bad player...

IMO, you would be best off trying to see if you can work in an Exploud SV line. 2-1-2 would probably be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back