Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

heathers Katy second place finish

headers_squirtle

hey its heather and today was the katy city. we drove 6 hours from ocean springs, ms, to play. but we will also be playing in conroe, tx. so we get there around 11 and register our decks and then the tourney starts around 1.

round 1-dad
this isnt anything new, we end up playing each other in almost every tourney but 1st round :eek: . so i think i went first and i had no energy but was able to come back and beat his sally ex deck.
1-0

round 2- lee w
i got an okay start and he gets an electrode ex second turn, so i have to sacrifice one of my pokemon so that i can knock him out with queen next turn. we then end up with tied prizes, so i then quick search for a multi energy and attach it to plusle. i use positive spark to knock out the zapdos ex on the bench and the active magcargo. good game lee.
2-0

round 3-seth
both of us already know what the other is playing so we knew it would be an interesting match. i go 2 turns without energy and he sets up pretty quick. we fight it out and we both get down to 1 prize and he wins. very good game.
2-1

round 4-alton
i start terribley and with no energy. the next three turns he attaches an r energy to his rocket's sneasel and knocks out 3 of my pokemon. he eventually runs out of dark and im able to make a come back and win. very well fought out game.
3-1

round 5-mom
we both know we need the win to make top cut. in the end i took it and i move to top 4.:thumb:
4-1

top 4-
alton-
i have already played against this deck so i kind of knew how it worked. so i get a pretty decent set up. and i take prizes too quickly for him to come back. on to the next game we go.
1-0
we both start out good, and it was a good fight. but i ended up taking the win.
2-0

top 2-clay c
clay gets an awesome start. his first turn he rare candys dratini to dragonite and then holon ruins. so he gets an early start. we were basically prize for prize this game. but i ended up taking the win this time.
1-0
this time my deck just doesnt want to work as well. but i end up getting set up. but not as well as clay. i believe he had 3 dragonites and 2 metagross's going .we are now 1 prize for 1 prize. & he asks how much time is left and there is going on less than a minute left and its my turn. i knew that there was no way i could win so i just use my attack & he attacks his turn and he wins. i am later told that if i had taken longer that last turn the 2nd game wouldnt have been counted and i would of won, now we go to sudden death. :eek:
1-1
this game is nice and short. i choose to go first and i start with a pidgey. he starts with a beldum, he then ceilo's and rare candys into metagross. it then goes to my 2nd turn and i celio for a plusle and retreat and bring it up. it goes to his 2nd turn and all he needs is a metal energy to knock me out, so he uses delta control and he doesnt get it, so then he steven advices for 2 and gets it. good job clay!!! :clap:

props-
-dale winning his age group
-clay for winning
-all of the door prizes
-sotg

slops-
-yucky taco bell
-as for that there are no slops in texas tourneys

Great Games Heather... I really enjoyed them...I hadnt played against a "rogue idea" mainstream deck before....Nice!

Good Job!!

PS: Tourney Report being written as I post. LoL

Last edited:
***Great Job...Heather***

You said it yourself, girlfriend. There are no "slops" in Texas tournaments!!!:thumb: :thumb: So, now we have to get ya'll moved back to D/FW!!!:biggrin: Come home, please.:wink: Btw, it was great getting to see you and your family at the Conroe~CC.:thumb:

MP Birch

Last edited:
Back