Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Heather's winning tourney report

headers_squirtle

hey,
ya so all week i have been trying to decide whether to play nidoqueen or lunasol. which levi suggested i play lunasol. so he sent me the list and we played. i woke up this morning still undecided and then i decided lunasol. so we get there about 10:30 and we begin about an hour later i think. so here we go:

round 1: rick(mewtric)
i get a good set up and some good flips in my favor. he makes a couple of mistakes but thanks for the game rick. it was fun. so i end up taking this game
1-0

round 2:brittany(rocket's syther/golem)
i dont get a good set up on this one and i cant seem to pull a holon ff to be able to attack her rockets scyther. so she ends up taking all six prizes.
1-1

round 3:(jynx)
i get a quick set up but she is also to get a quick set up. but after that she doesnt get the energy she needs and i continue to get heads on er2. i take this game pretty quickly.
2-1

round 4:(queendom)
i get an alright start and start to take prizes quickly. i am at 1 prize and he is at 1 prize, so i admin. since his queen has 100 damage on it. well he topdecks into a briney. im still able to pull off the win.
3-1

round 5:(polistall)
this game i get going pretty quickly. but then get stuck having to attack fossils. so i lunatone swarm and start attacking the benched politoad. he figures out he has prized 2 poliwhirls and i take him to time for the win.
4-1

top 8

vs.silvestro(dragtrode variant)

game 1:
i get a really good set up this game and start to take prizes. but as i get ahead he pows my holon ff to useless guys so i have to briney it up to get it back. it comes down to he has a dragonite with 60 on it and all i need to draw is a holon ff for the game. so i holon adventurer for 3 and game. great game though.
1-0

game 2:
i get a really awesome start and he starts with lugia ex. so i play my ruins to get the fast damage on it. i am then able to hit it for 60. next turn he is up to 90 so i decide to reversal for the benched dark electrode. i flip a heads and i get 3 prizes. he starts to come back and is forced to use blissey ex. so i hit the blissey for 120. and then when he retreats it takes 2 turns for me to knock out the blissey ex for the game. these were great games.
2-0

top 4:carlos(lbs)
game 1:
i knock out squirtle turn 2. gg:biggrin:
1-0

game 2:
this game i am not able to toggle out of the hard spot, even though he made a mistake at the beginning. he takes all his prizes and onto game 3.
1-1

game 3:
i get a pretty fast set up and its a tough match but i am to come out with the win in the end. also a very great games.good job carlos.:thumb:
2-1

top 2:adam(lbs)
game 1:
i knew this was tough match up and i miss the energy drop at the beginning so i am way behind and never could catch up so adam takes this game.
0-1

game 2:
i am able to get a really fast set up and take prizes quickly. we go back and forth on prize taking and then i have the last energy to knockk out blastoise ex to draw my last 2 prizes for the win.
1-1

game 3:
this game i also get a good set up. i knew time was close but we just played it out. and then time is called on his turn and the prize count is 3-adam and me-2. he has an active blastoise ex with 130 damage on it so he is forced to energy rain to put the energy on blastoise to knock out my active lunatone. all i have to do is play the stadium for the win and i had it. very close games. it was great playing you.:thumb:
2-1

PROPS:
-i'm going to worlds!!
-levi for talking me into playing this deck(thanks levi, i owe you big time!)
-my mom for making top 8
-BIG cookies to give me a sugar rush
-good luck charm care bear
-benny for winning 10-
-carlos and adam for making top 4(u guys did awesome)
-awesomely ran tourney

SLOPS:
-not so good pizza and thats about it

GJ - Now neither of us have to play in the grinder again XD ( rock lock vs ludi ) 05
Hope to see yah in t32 XD ( machamp vs gardy ) 04

Yay!

Heather is going to WORLDS!

Congratulations...Im glad you stuck with Levi's advise, and from what you told me about the deck, did well with it

Awesome job!!!:biggrin: The "Princess of Pokemon" in the south comes through again!!!:thumb: :thumb: XeroGravity and MP Birch will see you at Nationals.:cool: And yes, I owe you dinner.:rolleyes:

MP Birch

LEVIIIIIIIIIIIII WHYDD YOU LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAKK ;D

Good Job on winning vs a bunch of good players!

Cya at worlds. :D

Back