Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help a Born-Again Newbie's 1st E-On deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg_27107

Well this is the first "deck" that I've attempted to build since WoTC decided that 15+ yr olds weren't worthy enough for Pokemon OP. I'd really appreciate any and all assistance that would be given. I haven't participated in any OP, as of yet, but thanks to these forums I have a "healthy" fear of Gardy EX, BEX and all its variations.

PKMN: 21
2x Aggron EX
1x Aggron
2x Lairon (Magnitude)
4x Aron
4x Dunsparce
2x Sentret
2x Furret
2x Wobbuffet (SS)
2x Zangoose (SS)

TRNRS: 24
4x Professor Oak’s Research
4x TV Reporter
3x Rare Candy
2x Professor Elm’s Training Method
2x Power Charge
2x Oracle
2x Crystal Shard
2x Warp Point
2x Switch
1x Town Volunteers

NRG: 15
4x Metal
4x Rainbow
2x Boost
5x Psychic

I considered going with Xatu or Wailord, but I only have access to 1 Wailord EX and no Xatu. Should I try something different? If I had BEX, I'd be playing that but right now I don't.

94 on Bio, 90 on English.

Now for the long awaited fix..

Pokemon: 25

4 Aron
2 Lairon
1 Aggron RS
2 Aggron ex
4 Natu
4 Xatu
2 Sentret
2 Furret
4 Dunsparce

Trainers - 19

4 TV Reporter
3 Prof. Oak Research
3 PETM
2 Copycat
2 Crystal Shard
2 Weakness Guard
2 Warp Point
1 Oracle

Energy - 16

6 Psy Energy
4 Metal Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
2 Boost Energy

Since you have no Xatus:

Pokemon: 25

4 Aron
2 Lairon
1 Aggron RS
2 Aggron ex
4 Wynaut
3 Wobb
2 Sentret
2 Furret
3 Dunsparce

Trainers - 20

4 TV Reporter
3 Prof. Oak Research
3 Pokemon Reversals
2 PETM
2 Copycat
2 Crystal Shard
2 Weakness Guard
2 Warp Point

Energy - 15

6 Psy Energy
3 Metal Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
2 Boost Energy

:fire: FIRE :fire: weakness guys. Aggron has no chance, NONE at all w/o weakness guard.

Last edited:
Hero said:
I'll fix/edit this post later, stuff to do ;o

Lol, Ok I will jab at this one then...
Delcatty(Holo) would be excellent if you had it, but I am guessing you don't. You have enough draw power, I believe. Here are some changes:

-2 Zangoose
+3 Wynaut
-1 Dunsparce

I don't see why you need zangoose... Wynaut is an excellent card if you are already using wobby.
This deck looks pretty solid, otherwise... Like I mentioned add Delcatty(Holo) if you have it.

Other than that it looks pretty good. What say you Hero?

~~~Arcabok

Last edited:
*erhem* I'd like to point out, that WotC, back in the day, got rid of 15+ because a small group of players in the 15+ were acting like children. Very spoiled, immature, children. =/

Also, like to say, the deck looks wonderful, although anything other than the perfect draw will leave you lacking, you're somewhat low on search engines.

You'll need stadiums to take out LPS, metal resistant electric pokemon are hard enough to take out with out it. Watch out for fire, it'll pawn you big time.

Arcanine/Arbok Master said:
Lol, Ok I will jab at this one then...
Delcatty(Holo) would be excellent if you had it, but I am guessing you don't. You have enough draw power, I believe. Here are some changes:

-2 Zangoose
+3 Wynaut
-1 Dunsparce

I don't see why you need zangoose... Wynaut is an excellent card if you are already using wobby.
This deck looks pretty solid, otherwise... Like I mentioned add Delcatty(Holo) if you have it.

Other than that it looks pretty good. What say you Hero?

~~~Arcabok

So this is what you suggest?
PKMN: 21
2x Aggron EX
1x Aggron
2x Lairon (Magnitude)
4x Aron
3x Dunsparce
2x Sentret
2x Furret
2x Wobbuffet (SS)
3x Wynaut

TRNRS: 24
4x Professor Oak’s Research
4x TV Reporter
3x Rare Candy
2x Professor Elm’s Training Method
2x Power Charge
2x Oracle
2x Crystal Shard
2x Warp Point
2x Switch
1x Town Volunteers

NRG: 15
4x Metal
4x Rainbow
2x Boost
5x Psychic

Maverick Hunter Zero said:
*erhem* I'd like to point out, that WotC, back in the day, got rid of 15+ because a small group of players in the 15+ were acting like children. Very spoiled, immature, children. =/

Also, like to say, the deck looks wonderful, although anything other than the perfect draw will leave you lacking, you're somewhat low on search engines.

Small is the key word…
Either way… Do you have any suggestions on improving my search engine situation?

dld4a said:
You'll need stadiums to take out LPS, metal resistant electric pokemon are hard enough to take out with out it. Watch out for fire, it'll pawn you big time.

I don’t really know of any stadiums that are Modified-legal that would help my deck. Not yet at least…

To everyone: Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep them coming and maybe Al will be able to make a splash again…

If you are goinig with wynaut then you probably want to get rid of the dunsparce to make room for something else

-3 Dunsparce
+1 wynaut

I played around with this deck and found that once AgronEX gets taken out, its very hard to recover since you have so many metal energies and rainbows invested in building it up. But, this deck can be devasting against all opponents (EXCEPT fire), once it gets rolling.

One line of decks that use AggronEX use the natu/xatu line to keep the active Aggron healed and can be very effective. Your furret is very helpful in getting this deck set up
+4 Natu
+4 Xatu

The trade off with trainers is that you need lots of card drawing, but you could also really use some healing trainers. potions and berries might keep you living long enough to really do damage.
My daughter used a version of this deck in the Missouri States and did ok (3-3) but she was not running the Furret line like we should have been. Her 1st match she ended up taking 3 or 4 prizes in one turn due to all the bench damage she dealt.

Keep your shards, they will do you well in the 15+ environment
the Zangoose need to go, as they really just get in your way

Good Luck, Hope this helps

Poke_Dad

I think you could make this deck faster in a few different ways. You will want to play either Xatu for healing or a Water stage 1 (usually Wailord with Boost) for some defense against Blaziken. With Furret in this deck, Desert Shaman and Professor Birch make a good combo, usually Birching for 3-5 after using Furret's power. Shaman is also very disruptive if played early.

Here's what I would do, using Xatu to go with Wobbuffet:

24 Pokemon
3 Aron
3 Lairon
2 Aggron ex
3 Natu
3 Xatu
2 Sentret
2 Furret
2 Wobbuffet
4 Dunsparce (or Wynaut)

22 Trainers
3 Desert Shaman
4 Professor Birch
3 Prof. Elm's Training Method
2 Power Charge
2 Crystal Shard
2 Switch/Warp Point
3 Oran Berry
3 Potion

14 Energy
6 Psychic
4 Metal
4 Rainbow

If you play Wynaut instead of Dunsparce, drop a Potion or Oran Berry for another Psychic Energy, and 2 Rainbow for 2 Boost. Good luck beating fire though.

Nice list, Ron13, though I'd want to find room for another Natu and Xatu, since Xatu works best when swarmed. Unfortunately, that could basically only be done by dropping the Wobbuffets (possible, but not recommended) or two Trainers (doable, though it does leave you with a whopping 26 Pokémon) for them. I suppose you could also do it by dropping an Aron and a Lairon, but that's pretty risky. Also, I don't think the healing Trainers would be needed -- you'd probably be better off with some more draw or search Trainers.

Trust me if you play this in a tournament you 'll wish you had some thing to get rid of LPS. I played 4 (yes 4) Antient Ruins. You don't have to play that many, but if you do two of them become Bill's. You could play Mirage Stadium. I played Aggaron EX in three CC's and trust me when I say that Magneton, Ampharos EX, and fire are your biggest enemies.

Aggron ex has a lot of trouble in the OHKO environment. At my SC, there must have been at least 10 people playing Blaziken. Aggron ex can't survive vs. Rayquaza ex.

It's simple. All you have to do is have one in play at the beginning of the turn, use its effect, then play another one from your hand and use its effect.

Ron13 said:
I think you could make this deck faster in a few different ways. You will want to play either Xatu for healing or a Water stage 1 (usually Wailord with Boost) for some defense against Blaziken. With Furret in this deck, Desert Shaman and Professor Birch make a good combo, usually Birching for 3-5 after using Furret's power. Shaman is also very disruptive if played early.

Here's what I would do, using Xatu to go with Wobbuffet:

24 Pokemon
3 Aron
3 Lairon
2 Aggron ex
3 Natu
3 Xatu
2 Sentret
2 Furret
2 Wobbuffet
4 Dunsparce (or Wynaut)

22 Trainers
3 Desert Shaman
4 Professor Birch
3 Prof. Elm's Training Method
2 Power Charge
2 Crystal Shard
2 Switch/Warp Point
3 Oran Berry
3 Potion

14 Energy
6 Psychic
4 Metal
4 Rainbow

If you play Wynaut instead of Dunsparce, drop a Potion or Oran Berry for another Psychic Energy, and 2 Rainbow for 2 Boost. Good luck beating fire though.

OHKO makes potion worthless... Like hero said early: USE WEAKNESS GUARD. IF YOU DON'T BLAZIKEN WILL EAT THIS DECK ALIVE!!!

Go with wynaut. You definitly need more draw then 4 birches and three desert shamans!
-3 potion
-3 oran berry
+2 T.V. reporter
+4 weakness guard

OK, I should have said before that I have no experience playing Xatu with Aggron; I always used Wailord. Plus, I haven't even dared to play the deck in months just because of Blaze.

Weakness Guard could work, considering the resulting damage (60 from Blaze ex...) I still like the healing cards against rogue decks, but they were sort of "free spaces" to work with, and more draw could be added in place of them. TV Reporter is still often counter-productive with Birch and lots of special energy...it probably would be fine, but I'd still play Oak's Research before it.

Posted by Hero
You serious man? How do you plan on playing 2 stadium cards

Ohh that's what he means. He worded it horribly ;x

Well I worded good enough that someone figured it out, plus that's why only 2 on average become Bill's. Three is very possible and there is a good chance that you'll get two cards with each just not on the same turn.

dld4a said:
Well I worded good enough that someone figured it out, plus that's why only 2 on average become Bill's. Three is very possible and there is a good chance that you'll get two cards with each just not on the same turn.

ok. Care? and by the way, No. It's absolutely atrocious to have 3-4 in a deck.

New avatars up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back