Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help choosing a good set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psofan2000

Hello! I've been playing the Pokemon TCG for a few months now with new cards, now that I'm really into it I'm looking to take that huge step and purchase a full booster box..can anyone help me with some things I was wondering about?

1.Which set has the best Pull Rates?

2. Is Legendary Treasures still legal for tournament play?

3. If you could only get one booster box..what set would you choose? (Modern Format Please)

Thank you for your help! (Sorry if this is asking a lot)

Hello! I've been playing the Pokemon TCG for a few months now with new cards, now that I'm really into it I'm looking to take that huge step and purchase a full booster box..can anyone help me with some things I was wondering about?

1. Which set has the best Pull Rates?
Although I've opened boxes from all current sets, I'm not quite sure how I'd define "best pull rates." For example, would you consider "pull rate" to be based upon "quality," "playable" cards vs. "full-art" Poké cards? Lots of different ways to measure/gauge "pull rate." Chances are whatever box you might decide to get, there will be a few EXs, secret rares, and full-arts. And you'll also get a lot of cards that may not be very useful - especially if you are a competitive player. As an alternative, consider buying just the individuals cards you want. In so doing, there is NO chance you will get cards that are not useful to you.

2. Is Legendary Treasures still legal for tournament play?
Yes. All cards from Next Destinies through Flashfire sets (some promo sets are also legal) are modified tournament legal. Note: after this year's World tournament (in August), some of the older sets (not currently known) will be "rotated out," i.e., no longer modified tournament legal. Detailed announcement of this rotation will be probably made in August.

3. If you could only get one booster box..what set would you choose? (Modern Format Please)
Given the anticipated set rotation (I'm guessing the Next Destinies through Boundaries Crossed sets will be rotated out), I'd choose a box of XY cards for the following reasons:

• Odds of the set rotating out in August are very, very low, IMHO.
  • I like the set's main Poké: Blastoise EX, Delphox, Gourgeist, Greninja, Trevenant, Yveltal and Yveltal EX. I've built competitive decks around these Poké.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back