Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help im a new collector

Jvg1596

I have a couple ?'s for all pokemon collectors
1.what is the best way to store my cards(I already bought ultra pro binder sleeves and I'm going to buy ultra pro card sleeves and top loaders as well)
2. What are gold star cards and why are they so special
3. Are there any collectors that live near Chicago, IL
:) please help

1. I like storing anything holographic inside of non-Tournament sleeves (generally either Prerelease or Legendary Bird) inside of Ultra Pro binder sleeves. My regular Rares are stuck in the same UP binders, but without the second sleeve. Commons and Uncommons are in 400-count boxes, organized by set, then number.

2. Gold stars? Never heard of em.

3. Pokemon Meccaville right there. Talk to ShopCCNC, his store is a couple blocks from Midway. He'll probably be happy to help out.

Hey there! Actually, there's a very active playing and collecting community in the Chicago area. There's a thriving league in Crystal Lake, where I live, a slightly smaller league in Cary, a league in Deerfield, and a league in Chicago itself.

People to contact, depending on where you live, would be...
Jimmy Ballard (ShopCCNC) - Chicago
Rob Downs (SLOW DECK) - Crystal Lake
Carlos Pero (losjackal) - Deerfield

Now, leagues are primarily for playing... however, if you're looking for cards to complete your collection, it might not be a bad idea to stop by. We can also help you appraise your collection, offer tips, etc. etc. Now, as for your other questions...

Gold star cards are secret rare cards found in EX-series packs from EX Team Rocket Returns-onward. A full description of what Pokémon star are, along with a list of every Pokémon star, can be found here, on Bulbapedia. Read up! Hope that helps.

Storing holos in sleeves and/or binders is usually a good idea... I have some of mine in soft sleeves stored in deckboxes, some in soft sleeves in toploaders, and some in binders. Store your commons wherever you like. Personally, I use the white cardboard boxes you can get at local card shops. Makes the most sense.

Thanks I live in Lansing ill it's close to Chicago and I think crystal lake not sure but I'm glad to here I'm not alone around here haha

OK, far South side. Yeah, your best bet is probably CCNC near the airport.

And I wouldn't store anything holographic in anything less than a soft sleeve. They scratch fairly easily.

Ok got it thanks for the help guys I really needed it

---------- Post added 04/28/2011 at 03:58 PM ----------

I have another? I'm looking for many opinions on which is better, buying packs or making a trade thread to complete a set

I have another? I'm looking for many opinions on which is better, buying packs or making a trade thread to complete a set

Depends how many you need in the set :thumb:

Say you only need a few cards, making a trade thread or finding someone at a league might be your best bet!

If say you need like 50/100, get some packs first to try and get your seeking number lower :lol:

I know I sound a bit crazy, if say out of those 50, 15 are rares or something, but by opening packs, even if you don't get anything you need in say 1 pack, you still have cards to trade?

Anyone else have opinions?

Depends how many you need in the set :thumb:

Say you only need a few cards, making a trade thread or finding someone at a league might be your best bet!

If say you need like 50/100, get some packs first to try and get your seeking number lower :lol:

I know I sound a bit crazy, if say out of those 50, 15 are rares or something, but by opening packs, even if you don't get anything you need in say 1 pack, you still have cards to trade?

Anyone else have opinions?

thanks for opinion:tongue:

Back