Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help me choose a states deck! PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy dude

I can't deside what deck to play for states! Help with the deck and please recomend what you think I should play!
Deck 1: T2 Slaking
3-2-3 Slaking DX
2-2-2 Sceptile EM
2-2 magcargo DX
18 pokemon

14 Grass
3 Boost
17 energy

3 TVR
3 Celio's
4 ER2
4 Great ball
3 Fluffy Berry
2 Curse Powder
2 Pokemon Reversal
2 Rare candy
1 VS Seeker
1 Switch
25 Trainers

The strategy is to power up slaking while searching with magcargo. The reason sceptile is in there beacause slaking's second and most powerful attack put's him to sleep and since he has grass energy on him sceptile's body makes him not be able to put himself to sleep. So thats deck #1 heres #2:
Deck 2: paraclops
3-3 Clops EX EM
4-3 Parasect RG
2-2 Magcargo DX
17 pokemon

4 Psychic
12 Grass
4 Boost
20 energy

4 Mary's request
4 Prof. Cosmo's Discovery
2 TVR
2 PETM
1 Prof oak's research
4 ER2
3 Super Scoop Up
2 Switch
2 Energy Switch
1 VS Seeker
1 Warp Point
26 trainers
Basically just call for family with paras and use parasect to pile energy on duskull with parasect with energy powder using magcargo and mary's request for basically a quick search and then blow them away with clops EX. Also clops EX's body makes it so if you have a clops EX on the bench none of your pokemon are weak to dark so that protects against weakness. Any questions or comments? Remeber I need to choose one of these deck so help and tell me what you think I should play!
Speedy:frown:

Go with the second one.
i am gonna go
4-4 Clops
3-2-3 Pidgeot
1-1 Trode ex
Only 16 energy
4 Rare Candy too
and swoops are optional

Okay the thing is I dont know if I put this in the post or not but I tell this to everybody: I HAVE NO PIDGEOT!!! Anyway paras helps for the dunsparce effect and evolves into parasect witch is even better for the deck. Trode screws this up so I'm not going to even consider him. 3-3 Clops is enough.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Oops how did I get 12 grass? Anyway it should be 9 so what should I put in for the taken out grass?

Last edited:
OK try (if u have Trode ex)
4-2 Torb/ Trode ex
3-3 Cloppsy ex
4 Swoops
4 Pow
Recharge T1 Swoop T2 evolve into Clops attach another energy and hit for 60 T2 (or 100 with boost!) Mid/late game evolve torb and blow up Trode ex to get 5 energy attach it to a Duskull and evolve Duskull.

If you run the first deck instead of sceptile you could use wigglytuff with its assistance poke-power it will cure it for you. Then you can add the stadium meteor falls to take advantage of the flail attack on slakoth when your king is about to be KO'ed

ludicolous: I was talking about the clops weakness!
pokemontoya:I know about wiggly's power but I like sceptile and he can take advantage of boost late game but meteor falls is a good suggetion!
Professor Elm: I hate trode in this deck okay!
Im me:Why 3-3 magcargo?
Speedy

Spenc,run#2,but with 3-3Clops,3-3Parasect,and3-3Macargo(18 poke'mon)Id run 6 Psychic,9 grass,and 4 boost(19 energy)also,remove 1 ER2,1 Professor Cosmo's,and please take out the VS Seeker,you dont need it,You've got lots of PETM already
and a fair amount of others too

Last edited:
nick i need 4 paras or else i hav hardly any chance of getting him! All the other things I won't even consider-_-
Speedy

Run the first deck...

4/3/4 Slaking
2/2 Porygon or Magcargo
4 Jirachi
-19-

4 Holon GL
4 Lightning
4 Grass
2 DRE
1 Scramble
-15-

-26-
4 Swoop!
4 Rare Candy
4 Celio's
4 Desert Ruins
3/2/1/1 Holon Engine
1 Briney

can also tech a energy root... There won't be that many ex decks!!! Your going to need dsruption to beat LBS. So you might wanna take out the cargo/porygon for LunaSol. Then some nice disruption cards like 4 Reversal, 4 Admin, and maybe an er2 for when they get those bad starts and they are forced to attach a holon magneton... Just move it away, it will also help in your other matchups.

I like Slaking with the holon energy and Pidgeot personally. Holon Wp and Holon GL will make Slaking a force. Since you have no pidgeot stick to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back