Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help me find a deck for my brother?

Sunscorch

Basically, my little brother has decided he wants to come to league, and I was hoping you guys might be able to help suggest a suitable Juniors-level deck for him.

I've been a bit lax on keeping up with the TCG to be honest, with work and such; I still play T-Tar, to give you a clue by how much :p

I was thinking maybe Gyarados, but he's not the brightest button in the box, bless him, so I don't know if that'd be a bit on the complex side. He also expressed an interest in an electric-based deck.

Thank you in advance for your input ^_^
~Joe

Gyarados is one of the easiest decks in the format to use. To make it even better, most decks that are in juniors get CREAMED by it.

I would either give him that, or a well built Donphan prime deck. Either one would do very well, and both are easy to use.

If he want's an electric deck then mabey amphy lock? or electrivire? or electrivire and amphy prime??? But yes 'dos creams most of the decks in juniors.

I would recommend you to build gyarados deck and then decide who will use witch one. Try some games against your brother (start with proxies), then decide who is better with each of your decks. My son (7 y.o.) plays gyarados with luxray tech while I play tyranitar with dce tech :) GL!

* Donphan

To me, Donphan seems to be a pretty popular decks in juniors. Maybe that's just me though.

I'd recommend Shuppet. It has good matchups vs. a lot of the stuff popular in juniors (Donphan and Kingdra being the main two) and is pretty easy to play.

^ in my meta,
juniors are running

gyarados - alot of them i say 30%
gengar - 10%
SP - 10%
other = 5%
junior-rogue 45%

i think gyarados is a very solid choice.

If done correctly Gyrados is actually one of the more tougher decks to work with. I'd suggest something easy like speedrill. Or a fergy deck. Beedrill takes minimal tactics and is a good deck for beginners. Amphy lock is too complicated for a junior to run properly, honestly i'd suggest a donkphan. To run an SP deck you have to really good and work with and SP deck for awhile, there are already to many people who run SP decks and make it too to cut and it's not because of the player. The two decks I would suggest would be a t-tar variant, slightly slower but sturdy and strong against most decks. Then you could also run one of the many variants for Donphan it can be such a good deck! Those are the two best decks, and something else, is Flygon. Flygon is another easy deck to run and it's still somewhat popular so he won't be too far behind in the meta at the moment.

Back