Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help please, city champ.

Lex Luthor

Hey everyone, I am thinking of running a city championship. I already run a pokemon league and I am professor. I had emailed nintendo several questions I needed answers to before I applied and that was before the new year. I still don't have a response and time is running out. Maybe someone here can help.
I need to know exactly everything I need to run one. At other tourneys, they had laptop computers with a program that spit out pairings and such. I don't have that. Do I need it and can I get it somewhere? I do everything manually when we have tourneys at my league but I don't think that would be professional for a city championship tourney. Do I need internet access during the tourney? Any info you can give me as soon as possible would be helpful. I would like to fill out my application today. We have at least 25 people who attend my league regularly and I'm sure more would show up as I didn't see one on the list around my area, Cupertino, CA. Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

"At other tourneys, they had laptop computers with a program that spit out pairings and such. "

Don't have a laptop, a program, or both?

yoshi1001 said:
"At other tourneys, they had laptop computers with a program that spit out pairings and such. "

Don't have a laptop, a program, or both?

I don't have either but I could most likely borrow a lap top. But I wont have internet access in the mall, would I need that or is the program just a stand alone program? Where do I get the program and what am I getting myself into?

Well, I'm not qualified to run a City Championship [shakes fist at age limmit], but some useful information I have found is in the City Championship FAQ. It seems just as long as your over 18, have a large enough place to house your event, and know a little about the game than you should be able to apply.

I also am a professor and run a league with unsanctioned events... with software used for POP events is called Tournament Manager, which runs on the Windows OS (for the time being). This software is provided to TOs to run their events afterward. As for the computer/laptop, I'm afraide your going to have to provide that on your own. Internet connection? From my experence judging down in Milford at the EX: Dragon prerelease, a TO can get 20 POPIDs at a time from the TO Login online, so we had to jump on and pick up a few extra numbers for our 70 players... I don't think it's a must, but something you'd want to see about having.

EDIT (adding more info): Tournament Manager is a stand alone application that you install onto the computer.

-marril

Last edited:
Back