Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

help please

thethirdckelly1

Okay, so I just have a few questions...

Is rhyperior good enough for competitive play (without trick room)? He seems extremely slow.

What is the best way of actually reaching lv. 100? (really hoping it's not simply a matter of playing for hours on end)?

Lastly, what's the best way to check IVs after breeding? I've heard of RCing to lv.30 or so, but I don't have 29 rare candies.

Thanks in advance!

Rhyperior - Yes he is good, it can wall stuff and hit very hard back with its huge Attack stat. Speed isn't everything, and if somethng else i fasterthan Rhyperior and threatens with a Surf or something, simply switch out. Predicion is your friend.

Reaching Level 100 - IMO going through the E4 with that Pokemon with a Lucky Egg attached, hopefully on a different game than it was originally trained.

Checking IV's - IV Battles on wifi give 100% accurate results, just bring 6 Pokemon to an online Level100 WiFi battle and use the calculator on those stats.

Awesome thanks

But I just remembered one more: Why don't people use roost with skarmory?

and I just remembered another one: Can I use my DS wifi anywhere there's a working wireless router (like my house)?

Last edited:
Awesome thanks

But I just remembered one more: Why don't people use roost with skarmory?

and I just remembered another one: Can I use my DS wifi anywhere there's a working wireless router (like my house)?
Smogon's community tends to use it.
TTS said:
[SET]
name: Spiker
move 1: Drill Peck
move 2: Roost
move 3: Spikes / Stealth Rock
move 4: Whirlwind
item: Leftovers / Shed Shell
nature: Impish
evs: 252hp/252def/6speed

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set has become the new D/P standard for Skarmory. Roost gives Skarmory improved tanking ability compared to Advance, when his only recovery methods were Rest and Leftovers.</p>

<p>Drill Peck is there to let Skarmory deal damage when called for, letting him OHKO Heracross and reliably 2HKO most other Fighting, Grass, and Bug types. </p>

<p>Roost lets Skarmory recover HP, and in situations when he's faster than his opponent he can use Roost's removal of his flying type for the rest of the turn to reduce damage from things like Stone Edge. </p>

<p>The choice between Spikes and Stealth Rock depends on your team, your preferences, and what bothers your team more. Spikes takes longer to fully set up, but will do more damage to things that aren't weak to rock. If you have more problems with things like Gyarados and Salamence then Stealth Rock will probably work better. </p>

<p>Whirlwind allows Skarmory to force things that are using stat raising moves to switch out and simultaneously makes whatever comes in take damage from Spikes or Stealth Rock. If whatever is forced out is ineffective against Skarmory then you can then either Whirlwind again or use Drill Peck.</p>

<p>Your choice of item depends on whether you are playing under item clause, and if you're afraid of Magnezone. Leftovers will give Skarmory better tanking abilities, while Shed Shell will allow Skarmory to give Magnezone or the rare Probopass the slip.</p>

Yes, but it's not easy. The router will have to be configured to let the DS in and you'll need a few passwords (unless the router has zero security, in which case its giving the neighborhood free internet).

Roost leaves that Pokémon vulnerable to ground attacks for a turn, which would be very bad.
If you could predict it coming. If you use EQ when it isn't on the ground, wasted turn. If Skarmory is faster, you have to be really lucky to hit it with EQ after it Roosts.

Back