Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help with a Pokemon White 2 Team

Rayquazza

Hello, I need some help with my team for double battles. I just created this team in Pokemon White Version 2. I was playing several matches and out of all my matches the only time i knocked out someone was via they Selfdestruct; :nonono: Here it is:

Lucario @ Expert Belt
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Timid
Moveset: Close Combat, Dragon Pulse,
Aura Sphere, and Heal Pulse

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Serious
Moveset: Earthquake, Cross Poison,
Night Slash, Ice Fang

Braviary @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Lax
Moveset: Fly, Crush Claw,
Rock Slide, Brave Bird

Magnezone @ Lax Incense
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Timid
Moveset: Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise,
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave

Hydreigon @ Shell Bell
Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Crunch, Rock Slide,
Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset: Swords Dance, Giga Drain,
Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm

It's not perfect that's for sure. I'm looking for help with the pokemon over all. If you change a pokemon do me a favor and put it's moveset, item, etc on it.

Well I'm going off this from a more casual perspective (and mind you this is just quick advice, kinda short on time):

In general, Protect is your best friend, almost every Pokemon should have it as one of their moves as it not only avoids opposing damage, but your own partner's attacks as well from moves like Earthquake.

Lucario doesn't need Close Combat, you have Aura Sphere and with Timid, he's oriented more to special attacks (which you rightfully have in his other 3 moveslots). If you want to make him an all-out sweeper, I'd consider dropping Close Combat and Heal Pulse for either 2 more special attacks, or 1 and Protect.

For Drapion, drop Cross Poison for Poison Jab, Crunch over Night Slash, and lose Ice Fang for Protect.

Braviary doesn't need Fly and Brave Bird, add Superpower over Fly, perhaps drop Crush Claw for Protect.

Magnezone, I'd just rather have Protect over Magnet Rise, Flash Cannon has bad coverage so you should drop it if you have a good strong Hidden Power like Grass or Ice.

Hydreigon is better as a special sweeper, drop Crunch and Rock Slide for Dark Pulse and Protect, maybe Earth Power over Flamethrower depending on your coverage.

Serperior, meh...I'd rather go special with a subseed route, but if you're using it as physical, drop Leaf Storm and Giga Drain for Dragon Tail and Protect. Or he might make a nice Taunt user since he has the speed.

Otherwise, I'd consider dropping a special sweeper for a physical tank, and another for a special sponge over special sweeper.

thanks for help

Thanks for the advice. I'm considering dropping Lucario for Chandelure with Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Flamethrower. Thinking about dropping Braviary for Deoxys that we will get in a couple of weeks. Should Deoxys know Zap Cannon, Ice Beam, Psycho Boost, and Recover. Last one is Magnezone for Golduck or Azumarill. Golduck with Waterfall, Surf, Hydro Pump, and Hypnosis. Thanks for helping me out. :smile:

For most Pokemon, you generally don't want redundant moves; for example, Fire Blast and Flamethrower on Chandelure is pointless as they're both the same type, just one is a bit more powerful, but less accurate than the other. Instead, it'd be better to choose one and then have Protect since Chandelure has quite a few weaknesses.

As for Deoxys, he is illegal to use on GBU and in-game subways and stuff, so I would look for something else...

Consider this

Okay, I've figured out the Deoxys thing and was thinking about someone to replace it. Then I thought about adding either Scizor or Heracross. If you could input on these it would be helpful. I'm not quite sure about moveset, also. If you disagree then please reccomend a Pokemon, Moveset, and Nature.
All your help is appreciated,
Rayquaza

Okay I have made a ton of changes. Here they are:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Iron Tail
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance
Mirror Coat

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Poison Jab
Night Slash
Earthquake
Protect

Dragonite @ ?
?
?
?
?

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Fire Blast
Protect
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

Samurott @ ?
Hydro Pump
X-Scissor
Ice Beam
Air Slash

Scizor @ Metal Plate
Iron Head
Bullet Punch
Protect
Swords Dance

I know these are some major changes but that is what I have decided. If you could give input on these it would be great. THANKS

^ for Dragonite:

Ability: Multi-scale

Sky Drop
Dragon Dance
Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw
Roost

Hold the Lum Berry. Keeps your Dragonite from getting a status infliction like sleep or paralyzed. This protects against you doing a Dragon Dance and being stunted in attacking after boosting up.

In double Battles, Outrage can not be predicted to hit the opposing Pokemon you want it to hit, unless you are down to only one target in double battle scenario.

sky drop is banned if i remember right? maybe replace that move with thunder/fire punch i run my dragonite
Multiscale
Item:leftovers or choice scarf/band
Firepunch
Extreemspeed
hurrican
roost

^My mistake- I didn't realize this was for a competitive build in the VGC scene. I was suggesting a build for in-game play for like the battle subway.

Extreemspeed or Hurricane is a better option if Dragonite is being used for VGC.

Back