Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help with Deckbuilding

xl Aero

Hello PokeGym, I recently got back into Pokemon TCG and I figured I'd try my hand at deckbuilding, something I am (pardon my language) very noob at.

I got a box of Undaunted recently, and had quite a few good pulls. As such, I thought of using those UD cards to create a pretty good deck. This deck might not be good for competitive play, but I could play with my friends using it.

Here's my idea. The Undaunted set draws a lot of power from Eeveelutions. Each Gen. 1 Eeveelution holds a 1-Colorless attack. Espeon PRIME's PokeBODY, Evolution Memories, allows it to use these attacks if those such Eevees are in play, and with a Colorless attack, using other Energies in my deck wouldn't be necessary. Umbreon PRIME can also do up to 90 damage with its Evoblast if all four Eevees are out on the bench.

I found that I can abuse some of these skills. Espeon (2/90) has Solar Suggestion, which moves 4 counters from my pokemon to the opponent in any way I like. This damage is protected from Resistance, so even against Metal, Espeon can do a constant 40. This is also a good way to heal Espeon and the bench at the same time, and also snipe the opponent's bench. By placing Espeon on the bench and having an Espeon PRIME as well, I will have 2 Pokemon capable of this Solar Suggestion. Espeon PRIME can also heal 1 counter from my entire bench, so it protects (slightly) from sniping.

Leafeon also gives some promise. With the ability to do 50x Special Condition on a single Colorless, and an instant sleep with a single grass, Leafeon can easily rack up damage. Houndoom PRIME's PokePOWER will likely cause a burn, and it can be used from the Bench. Instantly, Leafeon's attack will do 50. Muk can also Poison and Confuse in the same attack, giving 3 conditions to the Defending and bringing Leafeon's damage to 150 on a single Colorless. Because it is an Eeveelution, Espeon PRIME can also use this attack.

Umbreon PRIME's Evoblast can do 50 plus 10 for each Eeveelution on the bench, which, if coupled with 4 Special Darkness, can bring his damage to a whopping 130. His PokePOWER also allows him to, on a coin flip, return to the hand and avoid being Knocked Out. By returning to the hand, it frees up a chance to play Umbreon PRIME again free from conditions or damage, or use that new Eevee to evolve into a new Eeveelution, namely Espeon PRIME.

Dodrio UD can reduce the Retreat Cost of my Actives by 2, allowing for a very easy hit-and-run tactic and quick switching to cause both damage, conditions, then sweep with an Eeveelution. I also heard that Moonlight Stadium gives lessened/free retreat to Psychics and Darks. That could be useful. Also, filling my deck with Flower Shops and Palmers can bring back Eevees and evolutions from the discard, bringing more returned pain and revenge kills. Then, VS Seeker can bring back Supporters, so I can reuse my Flower Shops and Palmer's.

Sorry for the major rambling, but what do you guys think? Do you think a deck full of Psychic/Darks, full of status inflicters, healers, and hit-and-run tactic can make it as a good deck?

Please offer your insight, I'd love to know what I can do to try to make this deck work. Thanks!

I think you have a good idea but with too many things to have out at once. Eevee decks are a pain to build because you can only have 4 Eevee but there are like 6 or 7 types of evoultions (at least) that are all fairly good and work well together. I would suggest pick your favorite Eeveelution and build your deck around that. For example, use Umbreon Prime with Super Scoop Ups and Life Herbs to constantly heal damage. Or, Espeon (2/90) with Crobat Gs and Honchkrow Gs to snipe/spread damage on the bench. See here for more info: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126332

I think you have a good idea but with too many things to have out at once. Eevee decks are a pain to build because you can only have 4 Eevee but there are like 6 or 7 types of evoultions (at least) that are all fairly good and work well together. I would suggest pick your favorite Eeveelution and build your deck around that. For example, use Umbreon Prime with Super Scoop Ups and Life Herbs to constantly heal damage. Or, Espeon (2/90) with Crobat Gs and Honchkrow Gs to snipe/spread damage on the bench. See here for more info: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126332

Thank you for your advice, Spink! Like you said, the only real problem that presented itself to me was how I would be able to get it all out. Setting them up would take quite a while and in that time I could lose it all.

Thank you again, I think I will narrow down the list of Pokemon I plan to put in and increase T/S/S aid in pulling them out early. I do not have quite too many cards, however; just some Supreme Victors and Undaunted. But I'll take your advice and see what I can do. :D

Thanks for the link! It was quite helpful in determining what I need!

Back