3x Oracle
3x Fan Club
3x Switch
2x TV Reporter
1x Town Voulenteers

Energy (20):
16x :fire:
4x Multi

This deck works OK but definitely does not have the speed that the other Blaze/Quaza/Catty decks I've seen have. I've seen people who almost always do the following:

start: Torchic active
turn 1: Fan Club to get Quaza and Skitty, attach Multi/Rainbow to Quaza
turn 2: evolve to Combusken, use TV Reporter to discard a fire, attach Fire to Quaza
turn 3: evolve to Blaziken, Firestart Quaza, attach to Quaza, Switch for Quaza, and Dragon Burst for 120...

...with plenty of Switches and Warp Points in their hand so that Quaza can easily go back to the bench, power up, and come back out. Delcatty then comes out very soon (if not already), as well as another Rayquaza... then sometimes another Blaziken fairly quickly. I have never obtained such speed with my deck as I have seen others do. I personally don't think Nurse works in here due to the special energy need for Rayquaza. I also find myself frequently not having enough energy for Energy Draw or using up all my energy on Energy Draw (these energy problems are why I had to take out Juggler). Even with Blaziken out to Firestart, it can be a major setback. I am thinking about taking the Skitty and Delcatty out for Chansey (Aq) and something else... I've always liked using that Chansey to stall and has worked A LOT better for me than Dunsparce has. If I keep Delcatty, I am thinking of switching the Multis to Lightnings and replacing the TV Reporters for Fishermen or another Voulenteers and something else. I know I need another Switch as well as a few Warp Point in here but I really don't see anything I can remove. Has anyone had experience with this deck that can help me get it going faster? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Expedition Ampharos!!!!!

Its power allows you to move as many (or as few) basic energy cards from your bench to your active. Its job is just pumping Rayquaza to OHKO the opponent every turn. No need to warp and switch Ray back and forth, because it will hit every turn.

a 2-1-2 line is sufficient to do the trick. Keep Delcatty!!!

I know about the BAR deck and I really like the strategy but it seems like it would be somewhat difficult to get 2 stage-2's out (as well as Delcatty but he is not vital to the strategy). I might try it, though. What 5 cards do you think I might want to take out for the 2-1-2 line if I use it?

I suggest that you use Dunsparce instead of the Fan Clubs, saves you a Supporter for the turn, plus, it's Dunsparce, you can't say no to a Dunsparce.

Dunsparce is just an awesome card.

With the Rare Candies, it really doesn't take any longer to get the bench built than one line without.

Fan Club will also fill the bench with the right basics (I'm working on a Dunsparce-less version using Fan Club). I'd definitely reduce the total energy count. Probably going with 4x Lightning and 12x Fire - this has worked very well in our BAR deck. Need to stick with BEC for Amphy to be most effective. Also can't Energy Draw with Special energy. Stick with 4x Rare Candy! I'm using 2x Hyper Potion (discard 2x Fire for -50 dam, Firestarter the 2 Fire nrg right back up to the active!) - maybe instead of 4x MooMoo?

HTH!

RainbowRichards said:
With the Rare Candies, it really doesn't take any longer to get the bench built than one line without.

Fan Club will also fill the bench with the right basics (I'm working on a Dunsparce-less version using Fan Club). I'd definitely reduce the total energy count. Probably going with 4x Lightning and 12x Fire - this has worked very well in our BAR deck. Need to stick with BEC for Amphy to be most effective. Also can't Energy Draw with Special energy. Stick with 4x Rare Candy! I'm using 2x Hyper Potion (discard 2x Fire for -50 dam, Firestarter the 2 Fire nrg right back up to the active!) - maybe instead of 4x MooMoo?

HTH!

you can actually Energy Draw with a special energy, but I dont'g get why bother playing those instead of lightnings. if you want to change into a BAR deck, check out the deck posted here, it can't get better than that.

Mudkip said:
you can actually Energy Draw with a special energy, but I dont'g get why bother playing those instead of lightnings. if you want to change into a BAR deck, check out the deck posted here, it can't get better than that.

Thanks for keeping me straight, Mudkip! Indeed, Delcatty's power says "discard 1 energy card", not "one basic energy card"!

Ampharos' power does state "basic energy", however, so go with Lightning vs. Multi ;).

As for the posted BAR deck, well, I'm hoping it does get better (at least I'm going to try)!

Adv1sor said:
How does this deck get around Muk Ex?

I might want to play Warp Points to send it back to the bench, but I don't see any room and I want to keep the Switches in. Rayquaza kills Muk EX by discarding 3 Fire energies... something that is not hard at all to do.

Blaziken/rayquaza is never the fastest deck.Most of those decks that are always doing the turn 3 blaziken thing use 4-4-4 on the line with 3 rayquaza and 4 fan club.Personally I think BAR is better than the regular rayquaza deck.Try 2-1-2 or 3-0-2 with 4 rare candies.Even if some candies happen to get in your prizes it's not hard to get at least 1 or 2 prizes with just rayquaza and blaziken.Take out the Oracle catty stuff and add the ampharos line.Take out 2 fires and add 3 copycat and 1 more rare candy cuz u need the Blaziken and amparos ASAP.Other than that it looks alright.Unless of course u want to take out the Fan club and go with dunsparce, but I think that and Fan Club are about even,not to much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back