Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help with probable fake card

Naffa

Hey there guys,

Soooo... I won an eBay listing recently, and after closer inspection of one of the photos, I'm fairly sure the card is fake, haven't received it yet, but was wondering whether anyone could clarify...

It seems to have the details at the bottom of the japanese release, but with the english description etc.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1puhdv.jpg

I really hope I'm following rules correctly by using this image host, very sorry if not!

Thanks!

Hey there guys,

Soooo... I won an eBay listing recently, and after closer inspection of one of the photos, I'm fairly sure the card is fake, haven't received it yet, but was wondering whether anyone could clarify...

It seems to have the details at the bottom of the japanese release, but with the english description etc.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1puhdv.jpg

I really hope I'm following rules correctly by using this image host, very sorry if not!

Thanks!

I see your font and I raise you one fake.

The name of the attack and ability are wrong. It is most definetly fake.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=51038&c=253

That is the real card.

Allow me to list everything wrong:

1. No flavour text.
2. The PokeBody's actual name is Pheromone Stamina, not Stamina Pheromone. The description for the PokeBody, while accurate, is worded incorrectly.
3. The attack is Venomous Horn, not Poison Horn. The description for the attack, while accurate, is worded incorrectly.
4. Set symbol is not the English set symbol for Triumphant.
5. The font is... incorrect.
6. No species name in the stats box under the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing it's a $1 card. I seem to see those Japanese symbol English body cards a a lot. I wonder if they were made when only the Japanese cards were out and someone translates them to English and released.

Thanks pell,

Bad judgement call on my behalf, teach me to not look into the pictures too much, now that you've noted the errors it's glaringly obvious! I've asked for a refund, the item hasn't been marked as shipped yet so we'll see how this goes!

---------- Post added 03/20/2013 at 12:06 AM ----------

Forgot that completed listings were allowed, so here it is for your perusal! Let me know if the others are fake as it'll help me to distinguish them better!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=230946252535&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=94885778847

Love how in the description it says:

"These cards are not fake and may have some imperfections."

Should have no problem getting your money back on this one.

Love how in the description it says:

"These cards are not fake and may have some imperfections."

Should have no problem getting your money back on this one.

If you don't get your money back, sue them.

Do us all a favor.

Most if not all of them are fake. The only one I'm not sure about is the Broken Time Space.

Most if not all of them are fake. The only one I'm not sure about is the Broken Time Space.

Look at the finer text. It is incorrect because normal fine text is sans serif, while that has serifs on the T and the t.

That is, unless the camera or my eyes are being dumb. In which case I don't really see any problems.

I would actually call your bank/paypal and stop the transaction. His other listing of bulk is also fake, so everyone here should report him.

usually never buy bulk from ebay unless the seller has Feedback from other sellers, and even then over a certain amount (500 or so). All this guys feedback is from buying mainly with only 3 things being sold over 3 years ago.

Yeah this is fake, on top of what Pell said:

~no accented e in the body.
~ 1st edition does not exist in english for this set.

Yeah this is fake, on top of what Pell said:

~no accented e in the body.
~ 1st edition does not exist in english for this set.

Wow, I am usually very good at spotting details, and I missed the missing accent on the e. Good eye.

However, I know nothing about Triumphant, so I wouldn't know that there was no english first edition.

There hasn't been an english 1st edition for 11 years.

Allow me to state the fact that I am not a collector of anything but Jirachi things.

I am not a collector of anything but Jirachi things.

I got into this very recently, I don't collect sets, and I don't research facts that will be useless to me.

Last edited:
"Ozone Climax, Aliem Virus."
"Mewtwo Lv X X"
Pretty silly mistakes... Fakes.

Back