Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS Lugia Legend Revealed!

PokeDaddy

displayimage.php

Sink Your Foes with Lugia LEGEND!
For more information, please click here.

Unleash the aquatic power of Lugia LEGEND, one of the amazing new Legend Pokémon in the HeartGold & SoulSilver expansion!

Lugia LEGEND is the second Pokémon LEGEND to be revealed for the HeartGold & SoulSilver Expansion, and it is every bit as amazing as Ho-Oh LEGEND. Like Ho-Oh LEGEND, Lugia LEGEND is actually two cards, with special rules to follow. To play Lugia LEGEND, you must have both halves of the Pokémon in your hand (cards 113/123 and 114/123), and you must play them at the same time. When you do, you’ll form an oversized image of the majestic Pokémon!

Although you play both cards at the same time to form one Pokémon, if you have the opportunity to retrieve a Pokémon from your deck or discard pile, you can retrieve only one of these cards. Since Lugia LEGEND is neither a Basic Pokémon nor an Evolution card, it can’t be played during the setup phase at the beginning of the game, because only Basic Pokémon can be played then. But it also can’t be hit by attacks that target Basic Pokémon or Evolved Pokémon specifically, making it (and other Pokémon LEGENDs) that much more special!

Uniting the two halves of Lugia LEGEND creates a gorgeous image of the Water-type Pokémon emerging from the depths of the water. But when your opponents see what’s in store, they might have a different opinion of its beauty! Use Lugia LEGEND’s Ocean Grow Poké-Power to stock the Pokémon LEGEND with suitable Energy for its upcoming attack. You get to look at the top 5 cards of your deck and attach all Energy cards you find there to Lugia LEGEND, then discard the rest.

Once you have one Fire Energy, one Water Energy, and one Lightning Energy attached, you’re ready to unleash one of the strongest attacks in the game. Elemental Blast delivers an incredible 200 damage! That’s enough damage to devastate virtually any Defending Pokémon in one shot. To use Elemental Blast, you must discard one Fire Energy, one Water Energy, and one Lightning Energy attached to Lugia LEGEND. That’s a small price to pay for such an amazing attack! Given the right Energy in your deck, Lugia LEGEND will be a nearly unstoppable force!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the art on this card! Not sure how well Elemental Blast is going to work without all the support that the Delta Species cards gave to the EX version though.

Yep ,the artwork is reallly awesome!:thumb:

Indeed, Ocean Glow can be helpful to put energy on Lugia Legend when it is played, despite the fact that you'll discard the remaining cards. Elemental Blast is why I love this card. 200 damage=OHKO on virtually any Pokemon in the current format.

Weakness to Luxray hurts, but the retreat cost is thoroughly fine.

Who knows if this card will see tons of play, as it just reminds me of LBS.

I can imagine (only imagine, I don't guess that could be a competitive deck) a Lugia Toolbox

Lugia Legend
Infernape 4
Luxray GL
Floatzel GL (to save Lugia and rebuild)

^^^ That'd be kinda hot though LatinoKennedy ^^ -- at least, have that thing looming on the horizon threatening a Flint and Galactic switch away from BlowUptuary!!

anyway..

Artwork is HOTTNESS!

Attack is HOTTNESS!

Now, if only there was a way to "Fire Engage" that Poke so heatran could allow me to keep two of those energy on :/

and.. Before someone asks...

No... Discarding a Multi or Rainbow energy won't fulfill the effect of your attack.
(it's 3 sepereate cards.. :/)

I actually think we might find a competitive card here.

I could see this card working with Delcatty Platinum's pokepower that puts 2 energy card from the discard pile to the top of your deck. Then you just need to use a roseannes or energy search to find another basic energy card and then attach it. You should be able to pull off a 200 HP attack every turn.

But you do mill yourself, and luxray gl can one shot it with trash bolt.

I can imagine (only imagine, I don't guess that could be a competitive deck) a Lugia Toolbox

Lugia Legend
Infernape 4
Luxray GL
Floatzel GL (to save Lugia and rebuild)

You could even through in a 1-1 or 2-2 line of Electivire FB + the Lv. X to charge from the discard pile every once in a while.
:dark: :lightning: :metal:

Last edited:
Hey, I'm a huge fan of Ho-oh, but not this time. I love the art on this card SOOOO much better than the Ho-oh. May not be the most playable card, but I love it just the same.

Card is dope, art-wise and metagame-wise. The only thing I could complain about, and that is major. It's the god damn text. What have they done to it! It will be even more tedious for more unexperienced players that will need to read every card during a match. It will take even longer for them now ;_;

the text was aligned like that in the japanese version.

art-direction wise, i don't see how it could be any other way, with lugia intruding into the card text area. he's breaking out and scattering the words in the process...

'mom

The people behind Poke'mon are so stupid for this concept. Why not build a solid, complex and fun tcg as opposed to changing every thing after every couple of years in what seems to be an effort to stay entertaining?

I personally like this card and hoope to see it as metagame material. The tookbox Idea could work...

^^^ That'd be kinda hot though LatinoKennedy ^^ -- at least, have that thing looming on the horizon threatening a Flint and Galactic switch away from BlowUptuary!!

anyway..

Artwork is HOTTNESS!

Attack is HOTTNESS!

Now, if only there was a way to "Fire Engage" that Poke so heatran could allow me to keep two of those energy on :/

and.. Before someone asks...

No... Discarding a Multi or Rainbow energy won't fulfill the effect of your attack.
(it's 3 sepereate cards.. :/)

But you could discard a Multi or a rainbow in the place of one of them (ie, rainbow water and fire or something like that) :thumb:

I wish the words weren't aligned in lines like they are, that makes it look very strange...

Though, if it weren't for that, the card would be nearly impossible to read...

Does it give up 2 prizes like the legendary dogs. I can't read that part. I don't know why it's water even though I always imagine Lugia as a water pokemon. This could be a fun deck with a lot of energy but nothing more.

does anybody find anything awkward about this cards artwork?

this lugia in the artwork has 2 small arms and 2 wings, while a normal lugia has just hand like wings

Back