Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS Scans up in Gallery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few interesting things...

Ninetales' power is nice. The new Delcatty.

I like Cleffa. His body is kind of neat.

Gatr + DCE is right up my alley.

Pichu = crazy setup power.

We're going to be getting 'Rogued again. Sheez.

Metapod's body (Grass pokemon have no weakness) is a nice bonus if you're going to play Butterfree.

I don't usually comment on the artwork, but I really like that Pikachu.

Pokemon Communicator = Pokemon Trader. And it isn't a Supporter. This is great!

Pokemon Reversal is back. Can ER2 be far behind?

Prof Oak's New Theory is an improved Prof Oak's Research.

I love the new look of the basic energy.

The Primes are pretty great.

That double weakness is hard though with the "mixed" format right now.

The new card layout looks cheap, imo.

is it me... or all of the Holo Rares absolutely terrible, excluding Ninetales, who functions as a Delcatty PK for fire decks)

I wonder why they only posted 1/2 of Ho-oh LEGEND. Does that mean we are getting 1/2 of a LEGEND per box????

is it me... or all of the Holo Rares absolutely terrible, excluding Ninetales, who functions as a Delcatty PK for fire decks)

I am actually shocked at how good we thought this set was going to be, but after looking at the cards, it actually looks pretty bad save for a handful of cards, most of which are trainers or energy in the case of DCE.

I wonder why they only posted 1/2 of Ho-oh LEGEND. Does that mean we are getting 1/2 of a LEGEND per box????

They didn't open a "box". They open loose packs that were most likely released early at Target, Walmart, or an equivalent. Don't take what they opened as what you will get per box as it would be absolutely shocking if you were pulling 6 Pokemon Prime per box.

Drew

Not necessarily, but it does make me wonder if we're only getting one half of a LEGEND per pack.

Yay! Trainers instead of Goods! lol but seriously. The Primes are epic, I don't see any of them that isnt usuable. DCE and the Trainers are epic, really gunna make you edit your decks. Energy backgrounds are extraordianarily epic, and the artwork is pretty dang good. Nintales looks promising with Typhlosion MT and Typhlosion Prime with Charizard. Not to menion that though the Legends will see limited play, their artwork is one of if not the best ever made. Plus, that ownage Red Gyarados? All amazing points for the set and some Rogue decks such as a Teir Butterfree could hit the scene. So yeah, some of the set sucks, all sets will have useless commons and uncommons. Remember Supreme Victors? But overall, I see a lot of promising things with these cards, and it will definately be fun to see what happens as the X mechanic is retired and these Primes and Legends come into the light.

i see typhlosion prime, and ninetails comboing very nicely, throw a nidoqueen in to negate some of the damage from attaching energy and you have a pretty fast basis for a fire deck.

definitely want a 2-2 line of donphan prime for my current deck

i see typhlosion prime, and ninetails comboing very nicely, throw a nidoqueen in to negate some of the damage from attaching energy and you have a pretty fast basis for a fire deck.

definitely want a 2-2 line of donphan prime for my current deck

Mmm, I can't see Typhlosion working, or any fire for that matter, unless a hard counter is found for Feraligatr.

LOL IM GOING TO PLAY THAT EXEGGUTOR AT PRERELEASE.

It's so broken when everything is low-hp with x2 weakness. And that Hypno would be a pretty good bench sitter. Yep, think I got my deck all planned out.

Let's see...time to dig out my old copies of Copycat, Fisherman, Pokemon Collector, Pokemon Reversal, Professor Elm's Training Method, Rainbow Energy, and ancient DCE. So nice to know I won't have to worry about not having any staple Trainers from this set except for Pokemon Communication...that card is pretty sweet.

As for the new Pokemon, I want Feraligatr Prime and his line, probably couldn't hurt to grab a Donphan Prime...not really sure what else though. Anyone else absolutely hate how they cut cards just so they can give us a set made up of ones pulled from random sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back