Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hi. I'm new and I would like some information. If you have the time, please help me.

pokemonhero

First of all, thank you to anyone that comes into this thread. Now i have many questions. I haven't played the Pokemon TCG since the original team rRocket set was releasd. So, my question is how much has this game changed and well basically what's new?

The game has changed a lot. Reading up on the new rule book will help you with the basics of what cards you can play on the first turn. Level X cards have been introduced, and can be played onto existing cards of the same name. Supporters have been introduced, which are cards sort of like Professor Oak or The Boss's Way, and you can only play one supporter a turn.
Stadiums are now in effect as well, basically giving us 3 distinct types of Trainers. Trainers, Supporters, and Stadiums.
Stadiums, once played, stay in play until another one is put down, and affect both players at once.

This is just the start of the changes that have been introduced, but I'd definitely recommend buying a starter deck and reading up on the new rules.

Rule #1: Claydol from Great Encounters.
Rule#2: Eliminate your opponents Claydol from Great Encounters.

I think that pretty much sums it up!

And if i was you i would look in the deck aera of the gym so that you can learn what types of decks that are being played. Also it would help you build a good deck that would be good in the events and also help you learn how to do a good donk. It will be a little bit of search but the gym can help if you know were to look.

And if i was you i would look in the deck aera of the gym so that you can learn what types of decks that are being played. Also it would help you build a good deck that would be good in the events and also help you learn how to do a good donk. It will be a little bit of search but the gym can help if you know were to look.

#1.......I think it would help ANYONE to build a good deck and do well at events....isn't that why 99% of us play Pokemon??

#2 Yeah donks, because that's the part of the game every new person should learn right? Not strategy or anything...just learn to do a 'good donk.'

Really? I think this guy is looking to get some hints about the format not you cutting someguys reply down......
That is not very nice from a professor

I think spending sometime studying the scans of cards will help you out. Anything from Diamond and Pearl/ Platinum is playable. The current decks in my area are Dialga Sp Decks, Machamp Decks. Have fun!!!

Get a couple of the Recent starter decks especially the Drill Point one. They have a lot of the good Trainners and Supporters in them. Also see if you can find a local Pokemon League near you, and get advice from some good players, then you will be ok.

Really? I think this guy is looking to get some hints about the format not you cutting someguys reply down......
That is not very nice from a professor

I think spending sometime studying the scans of cards will help you out. Anything from Diamond and Pearl/ Platinum is playable. The current decks in my area are Dialga Sp Decks, Machamp Decks. Have fun!!!

I'm trying to say that telling someone to learn how to build a good deck and win with it is not helpful. Also, telling someone to learn how to "do a good donk" is not a way to get back into pokemon. I may have come off sarcastic, but that is not how to get back into pokemon.

#1.......I think it would help ANYONE to build a good deck and do well at events....isn't that why 99% of us play Pokemon??

#2 Yeah donks, because that's the part of the game every new person should learn right? Not strategy or anything...just learn to do a 'good donk.'

I said that so that it may help him in the new format. I have not been to any events ever and reading the things in the threads here on pokegym has helped me learn how the game is played in the events. Also with the learning how to donk it was to help with the fun of competiv play not evey one first starting or coming back into the game would win evey time so it will help with the fun of the game. So i'm sorry if what i said wasn't what you would say. He asked about cards and decks so thats the main reson i said to go into the deck help aera. Like me i don't know how things are in the events and now after the deck help frome i have built a great deck that i know would be great.

Well first of all, what is a donk?:confused: Second, where is a tourny locator? i know there's one on here, but looking in here is like looking for a restroom in a zoo. Very difficult.

I said that so that it may help him in the new format. I have not been to any events ever and reading the things in the threads here on pokegym has helped me learn how the game is played in the events. Also with the learning how to donk it was to help with the fun of competiv play not evey one first starting or coming back into the game would win evey time so it will help with the fun of the game. So i'm sorry if what i said wasn't what you would say. He asked about cards and decks so thats the main reson i said to go into the deck help aera. Like me i don't know how things are in the events and now after the deck help frome i have built a great deck that i know would be great.

You have not been to any events? How the .... can you give advice to someone if you have not played in any main tournaments? Please don't post any thing else, because any thing you say will not be trusted.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Pokemonhero, listen to Pokemom. Follow the link she left and go from there.

Last edited:
That is why I quiet in the first place. Within 250 miles, the maximum the miles on there goes, is nothing.:frown: I'm still depressed.:frown: I'm looking for a place around here that has a card shop that sanctioned pokemon.

search on the OP site is sort of wonky: the less info you put into the dropdowns the more info is returned. my advice is to just input your state and look at all the results to find what is closest to you.

'mom

Where are you? It'll help in finding something you might be interested in going to :D

It is kinda a bad time right now b/c there is no major tourneys going on right now. Everyone is just getting ready for worlds. However it is also the best time to get into Pokemon b/c they have leagues all over the Country and I am sure people are willing to help you out there. There is usually a league in every major city. If you are from the boonies you may be driving alittle but then again your from the boonies so your used to it. Have fun and PM Bullados with your location, he will help you out. * Pinky Swear* Take a look through the organized play forums and then click on the league thread then look through and find somewhere close! Good Luck

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

40 miles isn't bad...... Seriously... Are you looking for one in your block?

Last edited:
Youngstown, Ohio. No one here plays pokemon. "That's a game for 9 year olds." That's what the majority of the people say around here.

There is a tourney in Green OH. I think your asking the wrong people. I am from Dallas and get that everytime I buy pokemon cards from target. Majority people say that which still leaves the minority of people to play with! With them have a Prenationals tourney in green which is close to you, makes me think they are pretty serious players around you. Just takes some effort......

Back