Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hidden Legends Theme Decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozartrules

They played a theme deck tournaments after the prerelease in Brooklyn (pick a theme deck, get 3 boosters). I could not stay to play, but I managed to see the content of the Jirachi deck.

It is no surprise that there is a holo Jirachi and two metal energy. They have also repeated the trick (annoying collectors) from TA&TM of adding a special non-foil Metagross. This is a good thing since it makes it much easier to get to play with what must be considered one of the more interesting cards.

The best is that the deck had two :D Steven's Advice :D , another great move from Pokemon USA that not just will make the decks sell well but also make it easier for players to get a trainer that will be almost mandatory in good decks.

I didn't get a chance to look at the Dark Celebi deck, but it is a good guess that it will have darkness energy and the same two Steven's advice. Less sure about what the special non-holo would be, my guess would be Shiftry since it fits well with the grass/dark theme.

mozartrules said:
I didn't get a chance to look at the Dark Celebi deck, but it is a good guess that it will have darkness energy and the same two Steven's advice.

From what I saw the Celebi deck had three Steven's Advice

The Dragon decks did the same thing with T.V. Reporter, I like how they are doing this. I love getting the Theme decks even though I get a booster box, even though they aren't that good. :)

Yes a cardlist would be nice. I think I'll pick up a Wishmaker since I want Psychic energies. and if Metagross is in it I'll do it for sure!

I remember it had:
1x Dark Celebi
3x Life Herb
2x Steven's Advice
?x Potion
4x Oddish
2x Gloom
2x Bellossom
4x Doduo
2x Dodrio
?x Surskit
?x Seedot
22x Psychic
2x Darkness

If anyone actually kept the decklist with the theme deck, that would be helpful, but these are the pokemon/ trainers.

Ooooh!

That leads me to believe that a non-holo Shiftry is in the Forest Guardian Theme Deck!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG O_O""""""

MY FAVORITE POKEMON IN A THEME DECK!!!!!!! AIEEEEE!!!!!!!

theres something weird about the darkness though, The have the Ru/Sa symbol but not the "E"- symbol, unlike the "real" one which has both.

Celebi Theme Deck

1x Dark Celebi
4x Whismur
2x Loudred
4x Doduo
2x Dodrio
4x Oddish
2x Gloom
2x Bellossom
3x Seedot
3x Surskit
3x Life Herb
2x Potion
2x Steven's Advice
2x Switch
2x Dark Energy
22x Grass Energy

Jirachi Theme Deck

1x Jirachi
3x Totodile
3x Clamperl
1x Huntail
4x Staryu
2x Starmie
3x Tentacool
1x Tentacruel
3x Meditite
4x Beldum
2x Metang
1x Metagross
2x Pokenav
2x Life Herb
2x Energy Search
2x Steven's Advice
2x Metal Energy
11x Psychic Enery
11x Water Energy

is that a nonholo metagross?

if so, does that mean Forest Guardian has no nonholo of a holo and WSHMAKR does?

lunatone_solrock said:
Well, I had high hopes for Shiftry in the Forest Guardian deck but there are none.
But, still, 5 rares in a deck wasn't so bad.

I feel your pain, buddy!!! =*(

The world will end...where is my Shiftry, dangit? >*_*<

After reading the card lists for the HL theme decks, I'd have to say that I'm quite impressed with them.

It used to be that theme decks were just something you dissected for parts. Now (ever since Aqua/Magma at least - Dragons, too, possibly) you can just crack open a theme deck, make a few tweaks, and start winning right away. For that, I applaud PUI. :clap: :clap: :clap:

- Croatian "it's good to be Pokemon TCG player these days" Nidoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back