Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

High Point, NC City Championship 11/12/05 (Final Results)

Feraligatr

See below for info on upcoming NC City Championship. Look forward to seeing everyone there!!!

2619 South Main St
High Point, NC
336-883-9900
web site: http://www.djscards.com/

Directions
I-40 East or I-40 West to I-85 South to the US-311 exit. Turn right onto US-311 and go about 2-3 miles. The store is in the same shopping center as Buy Rite Furniture and Copperhood Grill & Sports Bar.

I-85 North to the US-311 (exit 111). Turn left onto US-311 and go about 2-3 miles. The store is in the same shopping center as Buy Rite Furniture and Copperhood Grill & Sports Bar.

Date
Sat, November 12, 2005

Registration Time
11:00am - 12:00pm

Note: Decklists will be required and available onsite.

Start Time
12:30pm

Entry Fee
FREE

Format
Modified (Ex Hidden Legends through Ex Delta Species including Nintendo black star promo cards 027 and above and POP Series 1 & 2 ). If card has been reprinted in one of the sets mentioned above the older version can be used (i.e. Warp Point, TV Reporter, etc).

Rounds
Based on attendance. After swiss rounds are completed, cut to single elimination per age group with 1 hour match, best 2 of 3 (top ?? will be based on attendance per age group).

Prizes (per age group 10-, 11-14, 15+)
1st - 18 booster packs, City Championship Medal, Bag of Goodies
2nd - 10 booster packs
3rd - 4 booster packs
4th - 4 booster packs
5th and after - 1 booster pack

Every player will receive Series 2 Booster Pack and Promo Card while supplies last!!!

Door Prizes
Ultra Pro Portfolio (1 per age group)
Ultra Pro Pokemon Deck Protectors (1 set per age group)
Delta Species Box Topper (1 per age group)

If attendance is 30 or more then $30 gift card!!!

Last edited:
what set are the boosters from? 18 boosters, sucks i expected an increase in prizes from last year.

No complaints here, especially with the FREE entry fee......I will pass the word around on all your city dates to my league. No Asheville this year???

Keith

Lawman said:
No complaints here, especially with the FREE entry fee......I will pass the word around on all your city dates to my league. No Asheville this year???

Keith

That might be a hot spot...there is a TO there that might think that she can do it...LOL! Stay tuned! We should have Prime check that out...

Last edited:
Wasn't that CRAZY?!

This year there is really only one store in Asheville that could hold the City Championship. I've talked with the store owner/s and they are trying hard to get it setup. City Championships are coming up fast, and I doubt you could get one setup if you haven't already. But hopefully they can, because it would be cool to have one again, and this time, in a much bigger environment. The mall is a great place to hold a tournament with food being so close and some nice stores around the corner.

ncpicachufan2000 said:
40 something in a VERY VERY small card store! Check out the pic on the link at the bottom for Asheville...

Well, hopefully that TO can get a suitable venue (loads of lead-time still) and can count on the support of other judges/area PTO to help make it a success! :thumb:

Prime - right now it's PTO-only that can apply for Cities (so I hear) - then in a couple of weeks us non-PTO TOs have a shot at applying (just like last year). Two weeks is the lead time required to apply for a CC, so that TO has time enough to give it a go!!

Cool deal Brian, I will tell the store owner that. I think she's been hung up on signing up to be a PTO, as I think she thought that was the only way to sign up to run a City Championship.

I have a question for your Brian, what does it take to qualify to run a Pre-Release? I'd love to see a Pre-Release in Asheville, but I have no idea what the qualification or pre-requisets(totally misspelled that) are to run one. Thanks

Prime said:
Wasn't that CRAZY?!

This year there is really only one store in Asheville that could hold the City Championship. I've talked with the store owner/s and they are trying hard to get it setup. City Championships are coming up fast, and I doubt you could get one setup if you haven't already. But hopefully they can, because it would be cool to have one again, and this time, in a much bigger environment. The mall is a great place to hold a tournament with food being so close and some nice stores around the corner.

Did you have fun?

I know we had fun in Asheville, even with the standing. Now, the snow on the Mtns on the return trip home.....that wasnt as fun! If the other TO can get it set up, then maybe the Gatr-man can play in 1 city! I'll judge if they need 1 (as long as it isnt a conflict date with me :)

Keith

ncpicachufan2000 said:
Did you have fun?

Yeah, I had a lot of fun. I actually did alright in a premier tournament, so I was happy just from that. I really didn't like standing up, but it wasn't THAT bad. I was SHOCKED how many people showed up. It's like stupid little Asheville and people from SC show up and east NC and TN, and I was like, "You know of this place?" Gosh!

LOL

Prime said:
Yeah, I had a lot of fun. I actually did alright in a premier tournament, so I was happy just from that. I really didn't like standing up, but it wasn't THAT bad. I was SHOCKED how many people showed up. It's like stupid little Asheville and people from SC show up and east NC and TN, and I was like, "You know of this place?" Gosh!

LOL

"If you build it, they will come" OK...corny, I know, but we knew about it bc of you Matt and the great Fer-man running the tourney!

Keith

I am sure that if I put anything in my signature, it'd get advertised very nicely.

Back