Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

High Wycome STP report - Shoulda played Metanite

Kempley05

Well, after my T2 at Hull this one went belly up to be honest. On the Saturday night apparently I had actually boosted my ranking up to NO.1 IN THE UK MASTERS!!!11.

Anyways aftergetting back from Hull I don't even bother trying to get to sleep as it was like 3am, so I pull an all-nighter, test some decks etc. big mistake :(

I take destiny and flariados on the day - flariados tests realy well, but I show Magic Umbreon two deck boxes and tell him to pick one - It's destiny. Probably should have played Metanite but hey.

Round 1 - Ian F - Boom

We get going, I have a liki and a mew opening, go with liki as I don't know what he's playing... wrong! anyways I get 2 Ray ex d out and try to take out what I can, he pulls off some sweet warp pointing and takes out a ray and heavily damages a ray and a mew. I take out Banex, and he's left with a safeguard boom at 4 prizes each. Time is called and we were stuck on 4 prizes each for 40 minutes, whilst I attacked for 10 with various liki's. I dump the 2 ex's with a stump, but eventually Ian plays a second Bannette ex, I get 0/3 ER2 flips and he takes the game. Great game, 1h 10min, and he went on to T2.

0/1

Round 2 - Dan B - Lunarock

No way, So I'm playing a friend for R2. I had taken out minum DX the day before too. Well I try all kinds of sniping, and stumping to disrupt him, but his deck was packed out with Great Ball/Dual Ball so he was able to keep a constant flow of 50/60. I'm down by 4 prizes, stage a mini comback taking it to 1 prize left each, I know if I can draw a stump, I can discard a damage Ray and take the game, with like 5 cards left I don't and he pulls of a final solrock FTW.

I have to say towards the end I realy played with a lack of SOTG, and apologised to him afterwards. I took the game way to seriously and feel bad for it :(

0/2

Round 3 - Luke - Lati@s

Ha, a good matchup. Well normally I would have dropped at 0/2 but I wanted to help Dan B's %'s. Anyways, I know it's an autowin so I have some fun and play about with Roselia, let myself go like 3 prizes down then mentor for Mewtwo d, Ray* and Casty and TAKE 8 PRIZES FTW. not quite my tournament PB of 10, but hey - The look on his face was brilliant ;) Still nice player and I'm sure with some deck tweaking will do well at nats.

1/2

Round 4 - Collette - Ludicargo

Ray ex d won me this fast - I mewtwoed a Lugia ex to to 200 to seal the game.

2/2

Round 5 - Ollie K - Flariados

Nice player, he gets nothing whilist I get somthing. Again I'm in this match for the fun, so I take out 2 spinaraks and damage 2 Flareon with Stone, drop a Ray* to take 4 prizes FTW :D

3/2

Oh well, Destiny let me down on the day, but still had some fun with it, particualrly Holy Staring FTW twice. I'm dropping the deck, so if anyone wants to buy a list/the deck itself LMK.

Props

Ray* for 8
Cole, Andy, Russ, Sami, Kish etc.
Dan B
Everyone I played, especially Ian F.
Irwin M-C for an preformance he can be proud of (Ohhh!)
Team Metanite

Slops

Bad preformance from me.
Not using Latilock
Playing a tournament with literally no sleep the night before.

Last edited:
I believe Adam was the ludicargo user. Did he use Ninetales?

Well done none-the-less. If you wanted to split the deck up, a ray* or ray ex d I'd trade for. I can't believe Dan got so close with Lunarock, well done Dan. I had my SotG conscience at Hull CC1. I was mardy about coin flips to Dan and apologised after. That's what makes the real winners, keep it up Justin!

The Ludicargo player was a women, can't remember her name though :(

Thanks, like I say I'm willing to listen to all offers, PM me if you want to buy/trade.

Back