Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hit um Where it Hurts (E-on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectreon

Well, after the pre-release tourney i went to Sunday before last, I came up with this. It is basically a Vamp on my Draft Deck. Its main Focus is Shiftry, non-holo, Feint Attack. 40 to anything, for 3 colorless, sweetness......

3 Seedot (Suprise Attack)
3 Nuzleaf (1 Razor Wind, 2 Razor Leaf)
3 Shiftry (Feint Attack)
2 Dunsparce (Strike and Run)
2 Cacnea (Poison Payback)
3 Zigzagoon (Collect)
3 Linoone (2 Seek Out,1 Sniff Out)
2 Magmar EX
1 Scyther EX

3 Grass Cube
3 Super Scoop Up
3 Switch
2 Lanettes Net Search
1 Fisherman
1 Town Volunteers
1 Mystery Zone
3 Rare Candy
1 Apricorn Forrest
3 Fast Ball
3 Oaks Research

2 Warp Energy
2 Multi Energy
5 Fire
5 Grass

The addition of Magmar EX was to help with Steel decks. Plus I can maximise Lannetes Net Search. I might add a Cacturn or 2 if I can get my hands on them, but the idea behind Cacnea is to send him up (usually of of Dunsparces Strike and Run) and let him get KOed. The Poison effect should kick in and help with KOs. Mystery Zone Stadium can turn any Evolution card in my hand to an energy search. Super Scoop is good for Shiftry (120 HP) and my EX's to avoid prize loss. Ziggy and Linoone helps with my Draw power. The new Linoone even gets discarded cards back for me, which is a big plus in my book (check any and all of my Rocket on/Neo-on decks, you will see 1 Aipom in every single one.....well except SK Xatu) and its free retreat is a nice bonus as well. Any suggestions (for E-on only) are appriciated. Thanx in advanced

You wouldn't have problems with Steel Decks though if Feint Attack doesn't apply Weakness/Resistance... Plus you would get all your KO's on the bench. Right?

thats correct. Infact, thats what I did with my Shiftry when I used it in the Prerelease. he he he, weak little buggers on the bench :lol:

It was basically just to add a different type hiter to the deck. Lannete's Net Search now can be Maximized, and even though Feint can go through Metal Energy and resistance to Grass, it only does 40 at a time. Most metal monsters have 100+ HP (final evo stages) and would take 3 turns to kill. However than can hit pretty hard usually, and especially Aggrons. So Fire was a welcome edition

I know it is an old deck, but I have overhauled it, and it runs great. Its new name is....

Feinting Poison

26 Pokemon (OMG, I didnt even realize I had that many, sheesh...)
4 Seedot (30 for a Flip, Suprise...)
4 Nuzleaf (1 Razorwind, 3 Razorleaf)
4 Shiftry (Feint Attack)
2 Cacnea (Poison Payback)
1 Cacturn
3 Zigzagoons (Collect)
3 Linnone (2 Seek out, 1 Sniff out)
2 Sparce
2 Marrill (SS)
2 Azumarril (SS)

4 Switch
3 Elms TM
3 Grass Cubes
3 Oaks Research
3 Briney
1 TV
1 Fisherman

16 Energy
9 Grass
5 Water
2 Warp

Thoughts on the deck, it seems heavy on Pokemon now (I didnt realize this till I posted it.) But the basic Idea is to start with Either Ziggy or Sparce, and on turn 2 Have out Seek Out Linoone. From there the deck goes straight forward. Cacnea and GC are here for Poison, which combos great with Feint Attack. The lone Cacturn is here because he is a Feinter with the Poison Payback abilty to boot. I can KO an active in a matter of 2-3 turns, despite HP and damage reducers. Poison builds up, and while a solid 40 unreducable damage, or 60 straight damage can be dealt. Can KO 40 or less benched Basics which is great. Briney rocks on a 120 HP Pokemon of course.

My only concerns are
a) Should the 2-1 Cacturn stay?
b) Should anti-Fire (Azu)Marril stay, or switch to some other Water?
c) Should I add a few Boost for a suprise Feint?
d) How well do you think Energy Switch would do in this deck?

Well, the updated version is a little better. However, runing too many evolution lines wont work these days. Like dkates mentioned in his special posts about building E-on decks, if you're going to use a Stage 2 line, go with at least one stage 1 line, and you'll be fine. Another idea I thought of is since EXDR is out now, try adding in some dragon protection, like Zangoose.

=20 Pokemon=
4 Seedot (Surprise attack)
3 Nuzleaf (Razor leaf)
3 Shiftry (Feint Attack)
4 Marril (one retreat? no retreat? I could give two hoots)
3 Azumarril
3 Zangoose

=18 Energy=
6 Grass (you dont need many for Nuzleaf and Shiftry)
8 Water
4 Boost (for Shiftry)

=22 Trainers=
4 Professor Elm's Training Method
4 Potion
3 Switch
3 Power Charge
3 Mr. Briney's Compassion
3 Dual Ball (for that classic Basic Crisis)
2 Low Pressure System (for Shitry Support)

Ok, where is the draw? Besides Elms Training, and Dual Ball, there is nothing to get anything outta the deck/Shuffle....

Linoone works rather well, and is decent anti Dragon. The RuSa one hits for 80 a flip, of course has a 50/50 shot at nothing, the SS one can do 0,40,80,120 with its 3 flips, and both attacks cost CC.

The deck seems to get more done with the addition of Poison. The Cubes and or Cacnea are a staple of this deck. Sparce does better at getting Basics than a Dual ball (or Fan Club or Net Search). The go get 3 and switch for Cacnea is sweet. They attack, they get poisoned. I can prolly do without the Cacnea 2-1 line, but I think Linoone will stay.
Maybe
-3 (2/1 Cacnea)
+1 Low Pressure
+2 Boost or maybe make all three Boost?

16 Pokemon
3 Shiftry(non-Holo)
2 Nuzleaf(razor leaf)
3 Seedot(surprise attack)
2 Cacturne
2 Cacnea(poison payback)
2 Linoone(R/S)
2 Zigzagoon(Collect)

17 Energy
13 Grass Energy
4 Boost Energy

27 Trainers
4 Fast Ball
4 Potion
4 Mr. Briney's Compassion
3 Professor Oak's Research
1 Fisherman
1 Town Volunteer
4 Switch
3 Energy Switch
2 Power Charge
1 Low-Pressure System

I took out the azumarril line. I don't think it works well with it. I had enough room to add in better trainers. Fast ball will help get the evolutions, draw is research, you have energy switch to move around the grass easily, power charge to get the boost back into your deck, and low-pressure system to help out the grass in your deck.

Hope ya like it!

Only have 1 Cacturn though (its why it is a 2-1 line)

I think I am more woried about an Anti Fire Pokemon than Cacnea. Azu just happened to be best option in SS (since it was built from the Prerelease I went to). I dunno though.

The SS Linoone stays, and I need a 2-2 RuSa Linoone line anyways. Retrieving discarded cards has always been a big thing with me. After Neo Gen, Aipom became a part of the staple of my trainer engine (yes, I know it is a Pokemon, but since he never really sees play, thanks to Pilfer, I consider him more of a Trainer) .

Well, was thinking this from my deck
-1/1/1 Shiftry
+3 Energy Switch

-2/1 Cacturn
+1 L Pr Sys
+2 Boost

-1 Grass
+1 more Boost

Maybe switch Water line, but to what??? Still need anti Fire. With addition of Boost, it can give Azumarril an extra 3 flips. Can quick hit a Bench for 40, or if desprate, try to hit with a unpowered Linoone (why I dunno, but it could happen???)

I am dead set on Anti Fire and SS Linoone. Also Poison must stay in this deck. GC or Cacnea/turn. I am leaning more on GC now.... Poisons without a Prize loss (50HP late game usually dies quickly, usually in a single hit)

Are Psy decks big in your area?

If not (or if yes, depends) consider running a Koffing/Weezing (the poison smog one) instead of the Cacnea/Cacturne line. I used to run it with Shiftry (Feint Attack) in my first Modified E-On deck, and did wonders. Poison plus 10 damage to opponents' bench, that's like a Shiftry's dream come true.

I may be overrating Weezing now a bit, since it's one of my favorite cards in modified. But give it some thought.

Last edited:
Feinting Poison Version 2.0

Pokemon:22
4 Seedot (Surprise Attack)
4 Nuzleaf (Razor Leaf)
4 Shiftry (Feint Attack)
3 Cacnea (Poison Payback)
3 Cacturne
2 Zigzagoons (Collect)/ Sentret
2 Linnone (1 of Each)/ Furret (For Boost)

Trainers:20
4 Switch
3 Elm's Method
3 Oaks Research
3 Briney
1 TV
1 Fisherman
3 Potion/Oran/Moo-Moo
2 Low Pressure System/Copycat

Energy:18
14 Grass Energy
4 Boost Energy

That's how I'd play the deck. Hope I helped!
-Swampert

Last edited:
I like the Weezing Idea. It lets me replace Marril Line with another Grass, that isnt weak to fire. Duh Psy is big everywhere, thanks to Gardi/EX. But still, its non Fire Weakness will help anyways. Just keep it away from Gardi/EX!!

I am for the most part liking the deck as is, and Swampert, like I said, 1 lonely Cacturn is all I have. I dunno, I will look over deck and decide on changes, and will update this deck by tomorrow.....

Yeah, but I just recently (last Thurs) started attending a league. It isnt even sanctioned yet, and their are other things higher on my priorty list. And I am not sure Cacturn is even right for this deck, ok he is, but thats not the point....

Side Note... nobody realized I posted a 61 card deck. I only had 1 Azumarril in the deck, thought it was 2... oh well

My new deck for now is exactly as posted above with a minor change

-2/1 Cacturn
-1 Grass

+1 Azumarril (making it 2/2)
+3 Boost

The deck runs a little better with the Boost, and can be a nice suprise hit against Fire on Azu. I like my Linoone line 3/2&1. It has been easy enough for me to get RuSa Linoone up and Seeking turn 2 like 3 outta 5 games, sometimes better. Between opening draw, Sparce and Elms TM, it happens more oft than not. If I drop the line, I am affraid it would unbalance the deck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back