Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hitmontop LA

Sabett

Why hasn't this guy gotten more attention? I mean it's a lot like gengar, albeit 20 less damage and without the power, but it's 100% searchable via Collector, it can abuse DCE, and can OHKO a luxray. Is it because of the 80 hp? That can be worked with though, there's bench shield and manetric, which wouldn't be all that hard to set up. I don't think it's ridiculous, but it definitely should be getting more notice.

Why hasn't this guy gotten more attention? I mean it's a lot like gengar, albeit 20 less damage and without the power, but it's 100% searchable via Collector, it can abuse DCE, and can OHKO a luxray. Is it because of the 80 hp? That can be worked with though, there's bench shield and manetric, which wouldn't be all that hard to set up. I don't think it's ridiculous, but it definitely should be getting more notice.

if im not mistaken, he has to evolve from tyrogue to switch with the bench

Well, for it to KO Luxray, you would either need e-belt and DCE and Figting Energy, or flip 3 heads. Of course there is Crobat G but the retreat cost for it isn't great and like you said, the 80HP really isn't enough. But I have to agree with the 'should be getting more notice' part.

if im not mistaken, he has to evolve from tyrogue to switch with the bench
Yes, that's correct, but since they're both basic, you can grab both with a pokemon collector, and evolve immediately, or you can even grab 2 tyrogues and a hitmontop, if you're anticipating a power spray.

Well, for it to KO Luxray, you would either need e-belt and DCE and Figting Energy, or flip 3 heads. Of course there is Crobat G but the retreat cost for it isn't great and like you said, the 80HP really isn't enough. But I have to agree with the 'should be getting more notice' part.
I felt expert belt was implied, and I'm not seeing what the issue with crobat g. Retreat cost? I don't understand. Also, as I did mention the 80hp, I also talked about the ways to help that out.

I see your point. i know this sounds ridiculous, but maybe unown e? prevents the 2 prize loss, albeit 10 less hp and 20 less damage. Thats all i can think of atm

I see your point. i know this sounds ridiculous, but maybe unown e? prevents the 2 prize loss, albeit 10 less hp and 20 less damage. Thats all i can think of atm
Why wouldn't you just attach a bench shield?

The LA Hitmons have been made SO MUCH better with trainer/supporters of the last 3 sets.

The Hitmons are small, but they're like SPs without the SP Draw support! (So, I think many people just decide to go SP instead :/ )

The problem w/ the Hitmons is that they're a rush deck that needs to get a turn ahead and stay ahead! The deck get ROLLED-over if you whiff T1 - T2.

I'd like to see one of our HOPE deck players apply their engine to the Hitmons and see how it runs.

HOPE is pretty much set up perfectly to run Hitmons; you just switch out the SPs and toss in Hitmons.

^ I'll throw a list together and see how it goes.

EDIT: Actually, looking at Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, they really don't have a whole lot going for them and don't gel terribly well with Hitmontop. One would be better off using Hitmontop on its own in a PAR-style deck, if you could find anything decent to switch in.

Last edited:
This maybe be the first time a thread like this has come up and made me realize a viable card exsits.

Basic Cursegar that OHKO's Luxray and doesn't get toasted by T-tar. Why hasn't this thing been a crazy rogue yet? O:

My secret is out. D:

Im going to miss Mime, because he helped alot in this deck.
now i have to settle with Mewtwo and Spritomb.

Collector: Tyrou.ge x2 And a himontop.
Lay down Mime, attach Unknown Q, and its game.

LOL, I just thought of building a deck with this today. It definitely can work.

Alright, list. I had to restrain myself from putting in Base Set Hitmonchan reprint. I put in Dunsparce in case your opponent plays Mesprit and you can't evolve Tyrogue.

4-4 Hitmontop
3 Spiritomb
1-1 Mewtwo Lv. X
1-1 Shedinja
1 Dunsparce
3-1 Uxie Lv. X
2 Unown Q
21 Pokemon

4 Collector
2 Comm.
4 Bebe's
1 Luxury Ball
2 PONT
2 Judge
2 Expert Belt
1 Palmer's
2 Interviewer's
2 SSU
2 Pluspower
2 POV

1 Warp Energy
7 Fighting
3 DCE
2 Psychic
13 Energy

The list has some flaws, but it should do well. I'm wracking my brain trying think of walls right now, XD.

Last edited:
Yes, that's correct, but since they're both basic, you can grab both with a pokemon collector, and evolve immediately, or you can even grab 2 tyrogues and a hitmontop, if you're anticipating a power spray.

I felt expert belt was implied, and I'm not seeing what the issue with crobat g. Retreat cost? I don't understand. Also, as I did mention the 80hp, I also talked about the ways to help that out.

What I meant is use it's second attack then Crobat G drop for the KO.
But even with the Bench Shield it's not completely safe because Flash Bite still hurts it.
And about the Retreat Cost, it's OK but not perfect. I was just talking about the retreat cost in my previous post.

Last edited:
LOL, I just thought of building a deck with this today. It definitely can work.

Alright, list. I had to restrain myself from putting in Base Set Hitmonchan reprint. I put in Dunsparce in case your opponent plays Mesprit and you can't evolve Tyrogue.

4-4 Hitmontop
3 Spiritomb
1-1 Mewtwo Lv. X
1-1 Shedinja
1 Dunsparce
3-1 Uxie Lv. X
2 Unown Q
21 Pokemon

4 Collector
2 Comm.
4 Bebe's
1 Luxury Ball
2 PONT
2 Judge
2 Expert Belt
1 Palmer's
2 Interviewer's
2 SSU
2 Pluspower
2 POV

1 Warp Energy
7 Fighting
3 DCE
2 Psychic
13 Energy

The list has some flaws, but it should do well. I'm wracking my brain trying think of walls right now, XD.
Nice. My friend and I ran a 40 card tourney this past friday night and Hitmontop PAR won the day. My son and I built it and it works really well.

I like your wall ideas...awesome job, man. We actually run a Shaymin UL 008 so we can drop it and move energy and bring up another fully powered one same turn, but I am definitely going to try your ideas. Well done.

The LA Hitmons have been made SO MUCH better with trainer/supporters of the last 3 sets.

The Hitmons are small, but they're like SPs without the SP Draw support! (So, I think many people just decide to go SP instead :/ )

The problem w/ the Hitmons is that they're a rush deck that needs to get a turn ahead and stay ahead! The deck get ROLLED-over if you whiff T1 - T2.

I'd like to see one of our HOPE deck players apply their engine to the Hitmons and see how it runs.

HOPE is pretty much set up perfectly to run Hitmons; you just switch out the SPs and toss in Hitmons.

Ok
4 tyrogue
2 hitmontop
2 hitmonlee
1 hitmonchan
3-1 uxie
4 bat
1-1 shedinja
2-1 mewtwo
2 mime
1 unown q

4 collector
4 communication
3 belt
2 bench shield
2 poketurn
4 warp
4 reversal
1 lux
2 plus power

4 dce
4 fighting

yay, fun-ness! i made this up in 10 seconds, so i apologize for all lack of win.

What would that be, Hatter? Anyways I was thinking Dunsparce because he uses Colorless and hits for SE on Garchomp C, but Shuppet works too.

Back